the Rift

it's empty in the valley of your heart [closed]

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F A E L E N E
everything is held at length

Curse the horn upon my head. It had given her too much grief for existing, and at times she wished it would disappear, never having to been. If she had been born with wings, or a naked crown she would least have her family. The last straw to be broken after another tire day of holding on, for once in her life she didn't want to be known as just a Unicorn, she wanted to be known as Faelene. The mare who held herself back, but was passionate, with a fiery words, and a thoughtful mind, a soft heart in hiding, and if given light and trust would show pieces of herself for trade. She may be with a group consisting of racists, but anyone who looked at her and assumed things because of her horn was no better. Anyone could be racists not just Unicorns.

A breath puffing from her nostrils it pushed her bangs from her forehead, and she cantered her head to have them shift along her cheek. It was true she had greeted the warm of Birdsong she still felt drawn to the cold, and now she was free to be alone. The Unicorns had their grounds now, and she would leave them too it. She needed an escape, and had to rely on her own four hooves to take her there. At first she had only began climbing away, distancing herself from the Aurorains, but when her hoof set upon the Steppe she knew where she wanted to go. The icy cave to eat her away, and numb herself to prepare for another day of bitter life. Silver hooves drawing over the familiar terrain, she eagerly sought the hide out. When she arrived she did not hesitate to enter, she found no one about, and took refuge within the frozen sculpture. With one last heaving breath she crumbled to her knees, finally to lie down and rest in its dark blue depths.

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

"I cannot treat hypothermia the way I treated your shoulder, Faelene. Please, don't allow yourself to cool down. It may be Birdsong, but the Frostbreath remains winter." The only sound apart from the mare's lovely, warm voice, so unlike the cold grips on the Steppe, was the sound of hooves clopping against the stone, leaving a clatter rebounding around the Arch. Tor moved as quietly as one for her size could, but even so, she was clumsy despite her attempts. It was a cool winter, this one had been, filled with ice and frost and bitter temperatures even for Tor's perpetually heavy pelt.

Tor moved forward after Faelene with a smile that was as opposite of the cold as the Sun God was different from the Earth God as she came. She had been wandering, as usual. One did not become the 'Wandering Healer' without moving, constantly, even with the idea of home in the Deep Forest to welcome her. The Deep Forest was dark, warm maybe, but chilly and deathly quiet. Perhaps if Ophelia could be found, it would seem more welcoming. Tor hadn't seen her closest friend for days, weeks now, and she fretted. Even if Ophelia was mature in mind, she was still only one or two years old, young enough to get into a load full of trouble without even realizing it. Strange, isn't it, that Tor liked such a younger mare so? Yes, it was, Tor decided, but even so, that wouldn't change her friendship with Phi one bit.

As often, Tor's mind wandered back to the adventures her and Lace had had. Those had been wonderful! Excitement. It had been daring, even. It had been lovely, tasting adventures after eating dull conferences and healings for weeks, even if teaching helped fulfill other's dreams and hopes. Even before she had noticed Faelene moving silently across the land, she had a faint smile on her face, thinking of Lace. They hadn't had a very good start, but it seemed there was a strong something forming between them.

Tor returned to herself, watching Faelene with those soft eyes. "And how are you?" How old was the unicorn? Did she have a lover? Prying you are, Tor. Leave those thoughts be.

TOR
just because i trust everyone does not mean i'm a fool.

slime-stock | Burtn | Tay-Studios
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E

A voice reaches for her with the loud clip clop of heavy hooves. Opening her eyes she regards Tor with a stoic stare. "I'll keep that in mind, I would rather not owe you another favor for something of my own accord." Dark eyelids closed over her pools if only to hold onto the void, but when there sounded to be something of what could lead to a misstep she opened it to make sure Tor wasn't about to crumble a top of her or the hard ground. The thickly built mare seemed to hold upon the ground, offering her a smile. Faelene did not understand where it came from, but decided she should offer more than a look. Stretching her own strong limbs there was a brief clamor while she stood with a low grunt. She had not been on the ice considerably long but felt the twinge of the cold in her bones. That was alright, being here they were use to being frozen. "Besides, while other's coats sleek mine doesn't quite think it can yet." It had lost some thickness here and there, but was not shedding out in one huge clump. More time in the basin might change that, but she was only there so much.

Shaking her head to redistribute her mane, she cast a look around before letting her eyes fall upon the healer. "You wandering with a purpose today?" It was a simple yes or no question, letting Tor add what she wanted or withhold information. Unlike some of her fellow kind she had some respect for the marble patched lady, even if she hardly knew her. She had given Faelene a great deal of help, if she had not she would probably be carrying a very limp leg, and still sporting bare skin. It wasn't hard to have gratitude for that. Faelene couldn't help wonder where Tor resided. Evey where, depending the flavor of the week? It was something she held in, knowing it wasn't always best to speak questions out of curiosity.

It was a bit strange to be asked how she was doing. Only one bothered with such questions, and she always wanted to assure him she was fine. "I'm alright, my wounds healed very well thanks to you," her muzzle lifted in a small smile. "How have you been? Off healing more stubborn Unicorns? Or do you find more pleasant company to help?"

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

How had Faelene fallen in with a bunch of unicorns stealing all over the land? The black lady seemed a respectable mare, like... ah, Tor didn't know. And did she mean that she didn't like Tor? Confusing herself Tor was, and so she decided to forget it. Tor watched in one of the glassy mirrors as the black unicorn hauled herself to silver hooves, the shape distorted and curled and compacted and lengthened like taffy in the twisted walls.

"Wanderers don't normally have a purpose, Faelene, otherwise they would be travelers." Tor replied, a little more than warranted for a yes or no question, but truth regardless. She chuckled, warm chocolate eyes lifting slightly to meet Faelene's. What was special about Tor was that she never felt the need to avoid strangers, even if she did like her moving and traveling and wandering.

"There's no need to thank me for doing something anyone would do if they were in my position," The draft assured her. "I've been well, although life seems to get only more complicated." Tor paused, trying to decide if she should really unload some of her worries to the black mare. No, it would be rude.

TOR

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E

Faelene had ended up with the group of Unicorns because of the horn upon her head, and being born as a slave, taught to fear Equine, and their guards (more like puppets) of Pegasi. It was by no sheer luck she had come to Helovia, her dear friend had helped her escape and Faelene had been worried her master would not end the hunt. Alexandra had been right, Helovia was an entirely different world. Since those months ago Faelene had come to make friends of the other species, and see the world was filled with good and bad no matter what someone had or didn't.

"So you're a traveling healer?" She queried, with a brow raised out of curiosity, and a lilt to her alto voice. The sound of the marbled draft's chuckle such a strange, but beautiful sound. "Whatever you are, you must feel you have a purpose...." A quick pull of air, she let it fall from her nostrils with a definite sound, lifting one of her hind legs in a more relaxed position. Tor could do things, make a difference. Faelene didn't feel much that way. Sooner or later she would have to pick a side, and stick with it.

Light laughter tickled her throat. What is your position exactly?" The question had a tease to it, as Faelene did not understand it one bit. Why Tor did what she did, or who she aligned herself with. "I think if you had not come along I would not have found anyone who wished to help who could, and by now I would have had a rotten leg, as the Gods are exactly fond to talk to me, so I will thank you for your kind deed and one day wish to return the gesture." There was a steel look to her eyes just daring her to brush it by again like it meant nothing. Faelene was aware what could have happened, when the wound had been inflicted it had crossed her mind as she had seen many of her kind fall to infection. When the lady with white locks spoke the red maned looks softened, and a wry grin marked her lips. "What you find yourself with too many friends, and in all the wrong places?" Faelene knew complicated, what wasn't? She only wasn't sure if it was good she was amused by Tor's comment. It might mean she found humor in anothers same torment.

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

"More wandering, I suppose." Tor smiled at Faelene, genuinely enjoying the black mare's company. There was no foolish complications and problems between them, just simplicity. They both knew where they stood, or at least the draft did believe it to be that way. As the black unicorn rested a hoof, Tor mimicked the pose, relaxing in the presence of quiet companionship.

What is my position? Traveler? Lost? Idiot whose too kind for her own good? Mare? Outcast? Gray member? More likely a mare whose trying to find her place in life. Tor knew the difference between a teasing tone and a serious question, but she found herself replying anyways, matching Faelene's cheerful voice. "I'm not sure, truth be told. I suppose I'm just trying to find out where I'm going with all..." What? Healing? Making too many alliances? Complicating her life ever more? "Everything I'm doing." The red-maned mare's eyes took on a harder look, a steely glint in their depths and Tor sighed. Her words were true, but Tor liked to think better of the world, keep more faith in Helovia's inhabitants. "I think you speak truth, but I prefer to think of the world as a kind place, not a cold one."

"Exactly that." Tor admitted. How did Faelene know? "Alliances with Mauja, although I have heard he's disappeared. Friends in the Edge, friends in the Throat, Outcast friends... I owe too much and I'm afraid if times turn war-like again, instead of this fragile peace, I will be torn apart by my many promises to so many." Faelene was the first she had told of her dilemna, and there was a touch of surprise that stroked Tor's heart.

TOR

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E

The light side of Faelene was not lost on Tor, seeming to have thought she was a wanderer as well. Even if what Faelene had seen of her it was in these parts the red maned had thought she lived else where. It was something they had in common, no specific home, but maybe places that called to them. Tor was likely more welcome around than Faelene would be, the Basin the only place she better stay away from. Mauja not around who knew what would happen.

Faelene's face took on a more empty facade, lines sleeked out, and thoughtfulness to her silver gaze. It seemed there was more they had in common, not for certain. "It's hard, life tugs in many a direction. Soon as you put one foot forward, it is pushing you back." That was how she would describe it, hardly anything made sense, but she should stop interpreting it all at once. A grin nothing of humor, just bitter sweet was easy enough to see on her lips at the draft's reply. "I'm glad someone can see it that way, I'm not sure I ever could." It was not something hard to admit, despite making her look a bit grim and cynic. It was easier to accept things at face value for what they were, than pretend. Hope, curse it for being the easiest thing to feel.

The lady's head relaxed, facade perking with interest at Tor's own confessions. It made Faelene relieved, and her heart heavy at the same time. She missed the ivory spotted stallion, but did not interrupt the healer. It sounded familiar, though it seemed Tor's life was beating Faelene's in the grandest mess. Silent for a time, she collected her thoughts, feeling torn. "Mauja is indisposed, least that was what we were told and Psyche is are Lady now so I would advise you to stay clear of the Basin. But, I do understand it's hard when you friends are not one in the same, and you feel inclined to protect and help them. Maybe, you'll find a way to honor that...take one day at a time. See who really matters to you... Mauja gone, that's one less for you any way right?" She half rambled, not sure herself. She felt she would fail in all matters. Keeping Leander's heart whole, her friendship with Lace, and remaining true to the Basin? What the hell was she thinking?

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

Again, Tor wonders who is Faelene. She seems like a good soul, so why does she hang around the Basin, in the cold and frigidity? Did she maybe just prefer the company of unicorns, as many did there? Then again, it seemed many in the Basin went a little beyond being rude towards other breeds. No, Tor must imagine that. And it's a shame too, because it is so unpolite to think badly of others. You should be more openminded then that. "It's the first time I've heard that, and it strikes me as remarkably true Faelene. The world does seem to be a strange place."

Neither did Tor blame the red-maned mare for her more narcissistic approach to the kindness of the Helovians. It was nice to think of Helovia being a generally kind place, and indeed it was compared to a few places the wanderer had been, but Helovia had its own problems and invasions and different groups. Groups you had to learn to be wary of and which to bond with- but it seems, instead, Tor had decided to be wary of none and friendly to all, a fact she frequently cursed the last few days.

"So, Mauja... indisposed? Strange. I can't imagine him being the type easily held back. But... one less to worry about, as you say Faelene." But not really, if Tor was creating this tie to Faelene in place of the spotted ex-King.

"I'm going to be on my way soon, Fae, but I'm going to spend the night here. Don't feel pressured to remain with me." Tor added, beginning to walk a little deeper into the frosted place, her reflection distorted in the icy walls. It would be decently warm here in the night. She wouldn't be able to travel anywhere warmer in the few hours before sunset, so she may as well think over the recent events and speculate about 'what next'. Maybe.

TOR

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E

Could a soul be solid white? There had to be solid red. But, solid white, clean and pure? No stains that blemished, and tainted. A child born, left untouched, under no influence was. How soon they were corrupted directly or indirectly. Tor could quite be the closest thing Faelene had met here with a white soul. Everyone else it was not hard to see the streaks. Faelene was nothing different. "No kidding,"she murmured, light tones of humor threaded through her voice. How easier to laugh at it's poor ways, than try to fight against them.

The red maned for her own purposes was trying to figure out what made Tor. Why she helped, true kindness was infrequent. Even then a kind thought could have weighed intentions, and wants beneath. Tor didn't seem very manipulative. She seemed to know at some point she would have to decide what direction to take, as Faelene.

"I don't know, there is something more to him not being here. But.." she let out a rough sigh. "I could be wrong, my instincts don't exactly come with certainty." She quickly added feeling there was nothing else to say. She only had,but hope he would return and take his place. She didn't know why she believed it would help her sort her own mess.

An ear quirked back, and she gave a lazy twitch of her tail. "I have no want to walk till morning, so I'll stay here." There were no more smiles, Tor wouldn't see them any way. Faelene swung around to the entrance, she would stand guard, think that sleep might come to her too.

[end]

[Image: faeleneicon.png]