the Rift

i see it's me you fear...[Complete]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

The polite response to the greeting made the shoulders of the grulla sink a fraction of an inch, evidence of the tension that had been residing in the muscles. Obviously not entirely relaxed next to a horse who's past and present circumstances were unknown, he still felt comfortable enough to offer the stranger a smile and take a few steps closer.

"Your words make perfect sense" he reassured, "and I think I might be able to offer you what you seek. It would be impolite of me to burden you with troubling matters, but since you wish to be of use... My family, the Qian, are currently in strife with a collection of equids, who have the mindset that everyone that are not of their race is inferior. They hold a grudge against us because of a past conflict, and because of our lack of protectors it is difficult to maintain the security of the borders."

Even as he spoke, the eyes of the white-maned dragon-kin studied the reactions of the as of yet unnamed rover. Lace was leaving out a great deal of detail - part because he didn't wish for this gentleman to believe he was accusing every unicorn out there for being racist, and part because... Well, if he didn't end up following Lace back to the Edge, there was a risk that he'd sooner or later encounter someone from the Basin. And if he did, it'd be a disaster should the blood-stained brute possess vital information about their numbers, defenses...
Sometimes he wished he had the agile tongue of Mirage. If it was her, she'd be able to make the stallion spill his innermost secrets, find out his true loyalties and make him a friend bound to her by love and debt, faster than Lace could swallow a carrot. Alas, the Dragonheart was not there, and the lack of her presence was growing on him for each day that passed.

"I have to tell you though, that the World's Edge is far from the only herd within Helovia. To the south, in the desert by the sea, you can find the Dragon's Throat her, led by Kri the Resolute. And to the east, near the foot of a towering mountain range, are the Windtossed Foothills. Both herds are allied with the Edge, and I am sure that as long as you embrace the ideas of equality and justice, you will be welcomed into any of the herds." Call it a desire to make up for his lack of details on the matter of Edge and Basin - Lace wasn't going to be so unfair as to let this newcomer think the Qian was the only choice available.

Ultimately, where he ended up would be a choice for the horned steed to make. The Glazier could but influence, suggest - and hope.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
i see it's me you fear...[Complete] - by Maldecir - 12-08-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: i see it's me you fear...[OPEN] - by Lace - 12-09-2012, 01:38 PM
RE: i see it's me you fear...[OPEN] - by Maldecir - 12-09-2012, 01:53 PM
RE: i see it's me you fear...[OPEN] - by Lace - 12-09-2012, 02:20 PM
RE: i see it's me you fear...[OPEN] - by Maldecir - 12-09-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: i see it's me you fear...[OPEN] - by Lace - 12-09-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: i see it's me you fear...[OPEN] - by Maldecir - 12-09-2012, 04:38 PM