the Rift

one hundred ways to break a heart [open]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

bound to wander forever, but maybe not alone

Why, oh why, did she have to ask such a question? Of course he would return it to her! Her heart tightened evermore, she cast her gaze downwards shyly moments after turning it up to his golden eyes. His smile, his warm smile, had turned questioning, and she could feel heat crawling through her, not I'm-too-warm, but embarrassment. And Lace had said they were friends- that she could always go talk to him. Always. Oh gods, why did she have to be so mixed-up around him? It wasn't like her to be shy, not at all, and here she was, a stuttering fool.

So that was what it was like to be bonded. To have a piece of your soul flying around. Tor didn't frown, didn't smile, didn't do anything. She didn't know what to do. Confess her feelings, just let the river of words unleash from the dam that was her mouth? What would she say? Did she even have the approval of Fajira? Do I love him? Is he clueless? Does he know of her feelings? So many questions! And not enough answers, not enough... It wasn't like her to be like this, so mute, like Crow. But she wanted his approval, wanted his companionship. Did that equate to love? Yes, he was handsome, but there was so much more to Lace, so many pieces of his personality and history she didn't know. It bothered her and toyed with her mind evermore, until she was a stick being thrown by a raging river, pulled this way and that, swirled and tossed and twisted until she didn't know what was right or wrong or love or hate or companionship or dragons or anything.

What do I say?

And then he began talking of the Qian, then his compassionate eyes met hers. And he asked- what about you? What about her, indeed? She swallowed. She could confess, risk their very friendship in fact, and maybe, maybe he would know. Maybe not. Again Tor clears her throat, and by doing so, she launches into deep water, not knowing how to swim.

"Love is the bond that holds people together. It's chains and shackles, sometimes, but at other times it is the rope that saves you from drowning." Family, for one thing. It was awful and amazing. Friendship. Ophelia immediately came to mind. "I love... I love life. I love watching the sun rise and the sun set, I love the first snowfall, I love the birds in the skies. I love listening and I love healing, I love so much and at the same time I love nearly nothing, for if one loves everything, is it love? I cherish my friendship with Ophelia, with Cassiopeia... with you." Her heart was going thumpthumpthumpthumpthump now, and Tor was praying, hoping, and was terrified of rejection when she spoke her next words-

"I think... I think I love you."

TOR

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
RE: one hundred ways to break a heart [Faelene, open] - by Tor - 12-09-2012, 03:28 PM