the Rift

one hundred ways to break a heart [open]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

bound to wander forever, but maybe not alone

As soon as she said the words, she wanted to take them back. Push them into the back of her mind. Squish them, crush them, pull them away. Now she had gone and ruined it. At least maimed their friendship. Why did she have to ask him? So much for blue skies meaning good signs. She wanted to run away. She wanted to stay. She wanted to say I'm joking. But she didn't do anything. Instead, she dropped her head, squeezed her eyes shut, feeling heat rise around her.

I don't know what to say.

"No, it's fine Lace. I messed it up. I shouldn't have said anything. I mean, I hardly know you. You hardly know me." She thought her voice would be cracked or at least sad. But instead there didn't seem to be anything behind it. Tor sounded... empty. Not empty as in sorrowful. But... she didn't know. Why had she been such an idiot? Why? "I'm sorry."

But he came up to her anyways, pressed his cheek to mine. It was warm. There was sugar trailing from his forelock, twisting down to my lips. One golden eye met one brown eye. There was sadness in there. Warmth. Maybe surprise. What had she done? She pulled away from his touch, shaking her head. Maybe she would have run away from him, but she didn't want to tarnish her image in his eyes even further.

The draft moved silently. Quietly. She didn't run. Two, three steps back. "I'm going, Lace. This wasn't the right time or place." There was a momentary look of pain and guilt and horrible regret in her eyes, and then she left. Without noise for once. Her heart was weighed down, and her mind was lost.

You messed it up, Tor, you finished it.

TOR

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
RE: one hundred ways to break a heart [Faelene, open] - by Tor - 12-09-2012, 07:00 PM