the Rift

one hundred ways to break a heart [open]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

bound to wander forever, but maybe not alone

If the world was covered in sugar like the icing that fell from Tor's white mane, would everyone be just as sweet?

He didn't say anything. He didn't lie. He didn't return it.

Was it really so bad to love someone you hardly knew? She knew him well enough, Tor had thought. I mean... I know him for being kind've sad and kind and always doing something. I trust him with my life. He saved it, I saved his, in the Marsh with undead necromancers. Lace. Was life just being cruel? Karma, Tor believed in, but what had she done that was so awful? Honestly? Truthfully? She didn't know. No idea, no clue. Instead she felt a mixture of emptiness and sorrow and guilt for putting them in this position, this awkward phase.

But then she heard his hooves hitting the ground and felt his warm breath on her withers and an apology and she felt more confusion. How is it even mentally possible to feel this befuddled? She wondered.

Can we talk about this? Lace's voice was pleading, and her heart felt like an ugly mess. A more bitter part of her, a very small part but there nonetheless, wanted to trot away like her younger sister might've done. But she was Tor, the kind mare, the soft-hearted mare- sensible, wise, caring, wandering, and a healer. It would only go against her nature to leave one confused.

"You're talking right now, Lace." She responded quietly. Her feet stopped moving, settled on the moist dirt. The birds were trilling. It seemed so out of place, the wondrous setting. It should be raining and gloomy and hopeless. "What is it?" She wanted to say more. But there was nothing to say on her lips. "I just..." Her buttery voice was melancholy, but it trailed off uncertainly. "What is it?" Tor repeats, not knowing what else to say.

TOR

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
RE: one hundred ways to break a heart [Faelene, open] - by Tor - 12-09-2012, 07:47 PM