the Rift

Watch Your Mask, Clown [Open]

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit

[[So Tolio is Non-Plague and I just want to throw him out there for anyone really~]]

Aurora Basin.

Tolio had never been so relieved in his entire life. Freezing temperatures had eroded away the natural happiness the stallion carried with him. Frostbreath Steppe was a cold and lifeless land now, no longer inhabited by the outcast Edge. He would willingly admit that he was completely thankful for leaving the wretched land. Hot springs and warm soil had been given to them by a God. Time God, if Tolio had heard correctly. Even the mere idea of an immortal taking interest in a small herd such as theirs was rather hard to imagine. Nonetheless if the celestial being were to appear in front of the unicorn right that moment, he would bow before him and grovel in thanks.

Tolio had despised the freezing lands. So he was rather giddy with childish delight that he could slip to the hot springs and relax whenever he wanted. However now was not the time for such simple pleasures. Dark thoughts plagued the normally joyous mind of the stallion, and flamboyant personality had retreated into the other side shown only in the Basin. There was no longer an ability to show his goofy personality before these cold eyed foxes. Tolio was a fighter and understood the trials the mind went through that caused many of them to act that way, but he despised the fact that one wrong step would reveal his troubles. The Plague. He wasn't incompetent or blind. It was impossible to miss the whispers or see the blatant racism that occupied the herd. Tolio could only think of Phaedra, the winged sister he adored so much. Could he truly remain in a place like this, when he did not approve of their views?

Another invisible thread held him firmly in place. Could he help those taken prisoners, simply because they had no horn upon their brow? And Faelene. Leaving her would be almost impossible. Cinnamon colored hoof struck the ground with a fierce exasperation. Ears pinned into bloody mane, disappearing in the tangled strands. Why did this have to suddenly spiral out of control? Everything Tolio had stood for was at stake. He had sworn to Mauja to remain with the outcasts for as long as he had breath in his lungs. But where was Mauja now? Where was the one he had sworn loyalty to? Sneer drew along normally pleasant features, creating a vicious and cold creature Tolio tried not to let influence him. There was more to the flamboyant gay stallion than many believed. There always was a deeper layer to those who seemed jovial. Bright tail slapped against white stockings in annoyance as long legs stalked over the land.

Too much turmoil. Stay or leave? Phaedra had spoken of the Grey, an option he could choose if he needed to. Could he really, though? Faelene was the only other one he cared for. He wanted to stay, to help and stand alongside the others who remained away from the Plague's influence. Stay or leave?

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

Ritual.

Creatures like Myrddin were slaves to ritual. Having his day neatly structured allowed for his vast mind to contemplate the complexities of life, rather than where he was going to bed down for the night. That, and being blind had limited his range and abilities somewhat. At this moment, his ritual dictated that he relax in the Hot Springs.

Myrddin let the naturally-warmed waters wash over his old body, gently removing the dirt and grunge which had built up over the past day. Although he had grown more accustomed to the Basin and had created a rather accurate mental picture of his new home, he still stumbled and tripped more often than he would have liked. Trying to complete his task for the Goddess of the Moon had required him to travel farther than he would have liked as well, adding to the wounds of travel that he now bore almost constantly on his lower legs and chest. But it would be worth it to see again; especially in the way that she was going to let him see. The bodily pain that he felt would be nothing compared to the knowledge he would acquire with his new eyes.

As the humid vapours filled his nostrils and large moose-like ears, a sound suddenly disturbed the stillness. It wasn't a large sound, for Tolio was not a bulky stallion by any means, but Myrddin was accustomed to having this place to himself at this time. It sounded...Upset? his mind offered. Myrddin had been trying to accurately envision the world simply based on the sounds that he heard, but wasn't doing a very good job of it; Something about teaching an old dog new tricks. What he did hear, was a heavy sigh, the sound of a tail snapping, and hooves striking the rocky surface of the Aurora Basin. For a moment he wondered if it could be the colt who had blinded him, finally come to finish the job before Myrddin could uncover his identity. But his large ears did not detect the footfalls of his dog companion, which made him very much doubt that it was his aggressor, who was interrupting his bath.

"Who's there, then?" Myrddin called out roughly; his voice sounding like he had inhaled far too much smoke in his lifetime. He was almost certain that the beast approaching was male, and a unicorn. If it t'were a female, it would be a beast of one. And no non-unicorn would dare to enter the Basin, especially with Psyche back. Myrddin narrowed his milky-white gaze, as if that still had any effect. His whispy eye brows knitting together as his brow furrowed. He pulled himself slightly out of the water, standing so that it was still up to his chest, but revealing the bulk of his size. He may be blind, but he still stood taller than most, a trait which had surely kept him alive when he was first blinded, wandering about. "Well?" Myrddin demanded, his sightless gaze focused to the right of where Tolio in fact was.

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
The sweet eyed mare walked calmly. A small filly followed beside her. Leyra nudged her young child on."C'mon Frost, my sweet."She murmured to her child. The young filly was quite young, and constantly tripped over herself. Leyra lifted her head to see a chestnut stallion and a white stallion. With a nice smile she began to speak to the stallions."Hello, good sirs."Her icy blue eyes gazed at the two. They were both unicorns, but one had an antler coming from his forehead and the other had a white spiral horn.

The young bay roan stumbled helplessly beside her mother. Even though she had been born a while ago, she still wasn't used to walking. Her small green eyes looked around at the area. the flecks of purple were semi-visible in the murky waters of green. The young filly tripped, her muzzle clashing with the earth. She snorted in agitation as she struggled to lift herself back up. Her mother supported her, helping her balance. The filly noticed two unicorns before them. A chestnut and white one. She shuffled closer to the two, sniffing them. Her nostrils flared as she took in their scent.

Leyra looked back at her child. The small bay roan appaloosa filly looked at her. Green eyes with speckles of purple gazed kindly up at her. Leyra coudn't stand how this sweet and dear child of hers belonged to a traitor. Thought he really loved me. Leyra flicked her ears back at the thought of him. She returned her attention to the stallions, a kind smile spread across her lips.

OOC: Sorry. Just wanted to pop Leyra in here.
WC: 267
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Deceased
Brit

Perhaps Tolio was truly blinded by his troubles, for the presence of another in the hot spring completely eluded him. He had not intended to enter the naturally warm pool, and had meant to bypass it in his demeaningly delicate storming. So he lacked the big bulking muscles, big whoop! Agitation had made everything seem bad around him. He was gay, whatever! He was feminine, oh freaking well! Feeling as if he would snap and either explode or burst into tears, Tolio took a deep controlled breath. Startled out if his thoughts and letting out a tiny yelp of surprise as a rough voice called out to him. Tripping at the sudden voice, rather embarrassing for him until he looked over. Quickly noticing the blind state of his eyes, whoever he was. It made Tolio's heart ache. He didn't seem comfortable with his inability to see, and surely couldn't have been born with it. 

Before Tolio could even consider answering the man rose from the waters and Tolio pouted childishly. Wishing he could be a bit bulkier. Ears laying back an inch when his name was demanded, feeling a little strange and perhaps even intimidated. Tolio was rather tall, but this fellow was taller than him in a rather noticeable manner. "My name is Tolio. I'm sorry if I disturbed you! Oh god! Did I? Oh, I'm sorry! I was in such a foul mood and..." trailing off, feeling terrible to have disturbed the man's rest. If it wasn't obvious he was gay, well folks there's your reminder. Stumbling and clucking at himself, apologetic as could be. 

His flurry of apologies come to an end as a blue mate and her daughter appear, the mother speaking with a kind tone. Tolio's ears perk up from their sad droop, cooing over the little girl. "Hello! I'm Tolio. And your name?" head tilting and shy smile glowing on his face. Unable to look away as the filly stumbled, taken quickly to her mothers side to steady her. He is entranced, always adoring foals since he was an adolescent. Signing sorrowfully. He would never be able to have children. But he cannot be sad when the darling ventures closer to smell them. Giggling soft and dropping his crown, watching the mother carefully and smiling to show be won't harm the fragile little doll. "Hello there pretty princess. I'm Tolio. Aren't you adorable?" Absolutely taken by the little innocent babe. Even so he is worried. They do not smell of the Basin. Perhaps it wasn't safe for them to be here. Though, their horns are automatically an insurance to their lives. Tolio inwardly feels queasy. If the tiny girl had no horn, would she have been harmed as well? Grief seizes his chest. He simply can't be racist.

Deceased
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

Myrddin had demanded to know who stood before him, but Come on Frost my sweet, was not the answer he expected to hear. Hello good sirs spoke the mare again. Myrddin snorted, tossing his head which caused a clump of white-mane to fall before his blind eyes. So, it was another stallion who stood with him. My name is Tolio.. he began, and blubbered on about what a bad mood he was in, sincerely apologizing. It's probably some girl that's got him in such a tizzy Myr thought. Then, considering the way the stallion spoke, he smirked, or a boy. He then listened as the younger male introduced himself two more times; Myr assumed to the mare and her filly. For calling a mare a pretty princess would have been obnoxious, even if he was gay.

Like an ancient dinosaur, Myrddin rumbled and backed up into the waters again. His movements were extremely slow and deliberate, not want to slip on the mud which clung precariously to the rocks in the Hot Springs. He sighed pleasurably as the water flowed over his back, causing him to feel weightless in the murky depths. He closed his eyes as the water rocked him gently. I am Myrddin, or Myr should that suit you better. Haruspex of the Aurora Basin" He didn't bother to open his eyes as he introduced himself to the trio before him; what would the point be? It was all black anyways.

Deceased
Dark
Leyra nodded her head to both of the stallions."Well, it's nice to meet you both, Tolio and Myrddin."Her tone was sweet and caring. A smile spread across her mouth, her blue eyes showed affection. Her lion tail curled around her child and she looked at her."Speak, darling."

The little filly giggled when the chestnut stallion with the girly voice spoke."Hello mister!"She smiled. Her little legs flailed about as she reared, she pulled at her mother's mane with her teeth. She hadn't seen any other foals yet, but she was hoping to see one. The little filly swished her lion tail and stared at her mother. "I wanna play!" She said through a mouthful of hair. Her mother gave a swift nip at her spotted quarters, making the roan filly squeal in surprise.

Leyra returned her gaze to the stallions."A Haruspex huh? What do you do?"She asked, intrigued by the word Haruspex. It sounded interesting. She had heard a Time Weaver was a healer, but she didn't know what a Haruspex was. The word sent her mind into a frenzy. She tried to think of what a Haruspex would be, and she finally stopped herself before her mind blew.

OOC: Late and short, sorry.
WC: 200

Deceased
Brit

The mare spoke kindly, even sweetly in reply to their introductions. Though she didn't say her name. She nudged the little one verbally to speak, and Tolio lowered sweet white face down to her to listen. She was a precious little cherub, excited simply to be talked to, hyper in a way many children are. Cheery little voice chirped out to him, tiny legs flailing adorably as she responded in a cute het respectful way. Turning, her teeth pulled on her mother's mane, making Tolio giggle endearingly at the duo even as Leyra reprimanded the babe gently. 

Tolio wanted a little one so very badly, and found the tiny roan child absolutely precious and was eager to simply watch her explore. Completely taken by her innocent air. Stepping back to watch as Leyra questioned what a Haruspex was. Myrrdin, the blind stallion had announced himself as. Tolio was intrigued as well, though he knew what the position meant. Letting Myrrdin explain instead, as he didn't want to make a mockery of such a proud title. Following Myrrdin into the water, but only standing to his knees a few feet away. "May I keep you company in this amazing pool?" Cheery voice both asking and laughing, truly amused that the pool really was amazing. The cold was atrocious outside of the Basin after all. Turning then to Leyra and her daughter. "What brings you here? You don't seem to be of the Basin. Though I'm certainly not averse to your company." Giggling softly even as the worry still lingered. They were safe by blood, but Tolio was still aware that they were outcasts. And that mean the shelter and protection of a herd wasn't offered to the little on or her mother. "Do you have a place to stay?" Worry now taking on a different tone, not wanting to leave them to the cold. Despite Birdsong's influence it was still freezing in the Steppe. 

Deceased
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

A Haruspex huh? What do you do?

Myrddin swished his tail thoughtfully in the water. So far, he hadn't really had to do anything; that was the beauty of being a prophet, you just need to perform well, when the time comes. He wasn't too worried about that, he had plenty of experience dealing with God's and their fickle nature, and could interpret their visions fairly well. Surely Psyche had thought so, when she appointed him thus. "In a cave, hidden in the Basin there sits a large piece of glass, a mirror really…" Myrddin began, his gruff voice now melodic and a smooth baritone. "But this is no ordinary mirror as you will see, should you ever visit it, for it gives no reflection to those who look upon it. To all but the haruspex, the mirror is but a dark piece of glass, yielding no light or imagery. To one like me however, it reveals a window to see other time lines, and to contact the God of the Spark himself. Sometimes, the God will present a vision unto me. It is my duty to then bring that information to the Lady, to ensure the Basin's safety, and to council her on her decisions"

Myrddin had spoken in an interrupted melody of information. As he could no longer see, he was unable to determine if his information was being well-accepted or not. He could not see confusion, or boredom, and merely took it on good faith that the child who had inquired, was listening.

Myrddin felt Tolio enter into the pool, before he asked May I keep you company in this amazing pool? "It would appear that you already are" Myr countered, then paused, realizing the inadequacy of the word 'appear' in this situation. A grin broke out on his aged features, as he cackled roughly at his own little joke. Then the stallion turned his attention to the other two, What brings you here? You don't seem to be of the Basin. Though I'm certainly not averse to your company. Myr's hairy brow furrowed as he listened to the youngling speak. He said his name was Tolio… Racking his vast memory, Myr couldn't' recall there being a Tolio in the Basin. Yet here he was, seemingly offering shelter to a mare and her whelp? He seemed like the kind sort of soul to do such a thing, but in a land that was not his? Myr decided to keep quiet on this subject, at least until the mare answered.

Deceased
Dark
Leyra smiled, nodding her head."I do not belong to the Aurora Basin, but I did belong to the Edge before it was invaded."Leyra paused, thinking of her old home."So when I heard of a herd on unicorns I rushed here rather quickly." She flicked her lion tail and focused back on Myrddin as he began to speak of a mirror in the back of a cave.

The young bay roan reared,"mommy!"She whined, her voice squeaky but sweet. "I wanna play!"Her green eyes focused on her mother. She nipped at her mother once more, only to be nipped in the stomach. With a squeal she glared at her mother, only to be given a warning glance. The young filly shrunk away, focusing her attention on Tolio. She liked the chestnut stallion, he seemed like a nice horse. She smiled at him sweetly.

Leyra sighed. Having a child to follow you around was annoying at times. She looked back at Tolio and Myrddin."Tolio, you do not smell of the Aurora Basin either. Are you outcasted like I am?"She asked him, staring at the chestnut stallion with intense blue eyes. She calmed her gaze a bit, but was still concerned. Finally she looked back at Myrddin."You can speak with the Time God?"She questioned."That's amazing!"Her heart fluttered with excitement. The fact that one could see into the future was amazing! She calmed herself and waited for the two to reply.

OOC:
WC: 238

Deceased
Brit

While Myrddin and Leyra entangled themselves in conversation, Tolio faded into his own little world. He knew about the Haruspex, but Leyra seemed far more interested in the wise old man than the girly chestnut. On the other hand her daughter seemed quite bored with the conversation, and demanded attention from her mother once again. Receiving a sharp look and another nip from the older mare, seeming rather startled and unhappy with the action. Turning instead towards Tolio to smile endearingly at him. Tolio inwardly melted, smiling back and lowering his head to her again. "What do you like to do for fun, Frost?" Not at all feeling silly for striking up a conversation with the adorable babe. He wanted to cuddle and coo over her, spoil her rotten with attention. He absolutely adored children.

Leyra drew his attention again as he was stepping back into the pool, staying close enough to remain in conversation with Frost. Giving a wry grin in return to her words. "Psyche has extended to me a position in her ranks. I already intend to agree, though I haven't had the time. I may not have their scent on me, but I am a Basin member in every other way. She would gladly accept you either way, I apologize if my allegiance confused you miss." Smiling pleasantly and laughing it away. He knew in that moment that he'd made a decision. He would stay with the Basin. Now he just had to tell Psyche. Apologizing softly to Myrddin, listening to his hoarse laugh. Turning to Frost with a sigh as the two engaged once again, Leyra seeming enchanted by the idea the Haruspex could converse with the Time God. "I get rather bored sometimes, you know? You're quite a ray of sunshine for me, Frost. You're mother is very lucky." Grinning at that. He'd come here with a heavy heart, but little Frost was lifting it easily. Oh how dearly he wanted a child of his own, tucked safe to his side. Frost was nothing like him in appearance, but he couldn't help but compare her sweet personality to the child he could possibly never have.

Deceased
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

[OOC: Crap. Sorry guys.]

You can speak with the Time God? That's amazing! Leyra had said, with amazement.

Was it amazing? Myrddin revered the God's just the same as everyone else but...Well, perhaps it wasn't as much as everyone else. He knew the God's, and had known many before. They were creatures of impulse, they saw things on a grander scale that could be imagined by mere mortals, which made them cold and ignorant of the minute details of a happy life. He knew they were prone to error, and that most of them liked to be worshipped in some way or another...Amazing? No, he didn't think so. You just had to know where and how they liked to be stroked, that was all.

Absently, Myr nodded towards Leyra's comment; listening instead to Tolio's outburst with the mare's filly. There was a time when Myr would soften at a child's call, but after his entire family had been slaughtered, not so long ago, his heart could simply not bear that sort of remembering. Gruffly, Myr pulled himself from the warm waters; his body still steaming from their warmth. He turned to where he believed Leyra stood, and nodded formally to her. "I shall take my leave of you, madam. Should you and yours need a place to stay, as Tolio has mentioned, the horned are always welcome in the Basin. But please do seek out Lady Psyche, should you wish to make your stay more permanent."

Frowning, as he turned his blind gaze to where Tolio and Frost were playing. Not wanting to interrupt, he merely muttered something to himself before stalking off. He was sure that he would see the young stallion again; some nagging intuition told him so. For now, he had a God to see.

Deceased
Dark
Leyra nodded her head at the two stallions."I see now, so you have not been in the Basin for long?"She asked Tolio. When she turned to Myrddin she smiled. "Thank you, Myrddin. I will have to find Psyche later on."She watched the old stallion walk off.

The little roan giggled. This stallion was fun to play with! She whinnied out with joy before rearing, trying to grab at Tolio's mane. When she had all four of her cloven hooves back on the ground she gave another whinny.

"I get rather bored sometimes, you know? You're quite a ray of sunshine for me, Frost. You're mother is very lucky."

The little filly giggled."My mommy is lucky!" The unicorn filly smiled cheerfully. She tossed her little cloven hooves about, happy to have a playmate. Her roan body moved quickly as she raced back to her mother. "Did you hear that mommy? That stallion called you lucky for having me!" The roan child was proud that her mother was lucky to have her.

Leyra couldn't help but smile. "Yes, I heard dear, and I'm very proud to have you."Leyra touched muzzles with her child before pushing her back towards Tolio, who seemed to like Frost. Leyra smiled, feeling happy and proud for her child.

OOC: This is a bad post. Sorry.
WC: 219

Deceased
Brit

T o l i o
more than meets the eye

At Leyra's words Tolio smiled and nodded. It was true, he hadn't been a part of the Basin long. But it was inevitable, he would stay with Faelene as long as he could. The departure of the Haruspex was a bit saddening, as Tolio loved the company of others, but there was nothing he could do about it. If Myrddin wished to leave it wasn't like Tolio could stop him. The stallion was distracted as the little filly reared up towards his mane. Laughing, he let her grab at it, pressing his muzzle to her poll as if in a kiss, nibbling her forelock in a gentle, playful way. She really was adorable, and he found her absolutely endearing.

His words seemed to cause great joy in her as she flailed and pranced around, repeating what he had said. He watched her with soft eyes, smiling at her antics. Even Leyra smiled, agreeing with her daughter. Touching muzzles quickly with her before pushing her back towards Tolio, who was extremely happy that the mother allowed him to remain in the presence of her daughter. Laughing he pulled gently at Frost's mane in return. "We simply must meet again, little Frost. You and I can play and your mother can have a break from your adorableness!" Nuzzling her maw with his, laughing. Winking at her and flicking his tail at her cheekily. "I might have to steal you away! We can be best friends!" Not treating her as if she were a baby, but tone still filled with adoration and amusement. He would gladly remain in contact with Frost and her mother, both were quite good company. Thankful eyes turned to Leyra, silently showing his gratitude that she trusted him enough to play with her daughter.

Deceased
Dark
Leyra smiled. Watching the chestnut stallion, Tolio, play with her child was entertaining. She enjoyed watching her child, for this was the happiest she had been. "I think Frost would love to play with you again sometime, isn't that right darling?"Leyra smiled at her daughter, looking at her and Tolio playing. The babe had clearly found a friend to play with, and since her daughter was happy, she was happy. Leyra swept her tail against the cold earth, sinking away from Tolio and her daughter.

The young babe grinned, feeling Tolio tug her short black mane. With a little grin she reared up, boxing at him with her small hooves, being cautious not to scratch him. At the same time she stretched her neck out to tug his ear or mane. When she got all four cloven hooves on the ground she looked up at the chestnut unicorn, opening her small maw to speak."Tolio?"Her voice was kind and gentle, a loving look in her eye."Do you have some one special to you?" Her words flowed carefully into the air, soft and gentle. The young babe looked at the stallion, keeping her green and purple eyes directly on him. Awaiting his answer.

Leyra paused, wondering what Tolio would say. She wanted to rush to her daughter's side and tell Tolio she didn't mean for her daughter to say this, but instead she stood there, staring at the two. A silent wind swept up the single tear that dropped from the blue eyes of Leyra, leaving nothing but silence.

[[Sorry to make it so dramatic. I think it's just Leyra's remembering Descaro so she feels all bad now.]]

Deceased
Brit

T o l i o
more than meets the eye

Tolio was delighted with how Leyra worded that sentence, telling him that she didn’t object to him wishing to play with Frost in the future. She was lovely and he was addicted to her energy and innocence. She moved back, hardly noticeable but enough to let Frost and Tolio play without interruption. Frost reacted enthusiastically to his playful pulling, rising up on her little legs and boxing him with them. Tolio playfully growled at her, eyes bright with hidden laughter. Letting her pull on his ears and mane gently. Laughing, he waited for tiny hooves to touch upon the ground again before nudging her against the shoulders and chest. Hard enough to move her around a bit, to be playful and not just friendly nudges. Laughing and flicking his tail at her, smiling brightly at her the entire time he did it.

His name brought pause and he looked down at her with a patient face, ears pricked. Listening to her intently, ready to entertain her no matter what she asked. She was simply precious. What she said however came to him as a massive surprise and he blinked at her stupidly for a few moments before sighing gently. Pressing his muzzle to her forehead in a type of kiss. "No, little one. I don’t have someone special to me. I used to, though." Memories of Phaedra made his face harden with pained thoughts. Breathing a bit hard in order not to give in to his emotions. Keeping his muzzle to her forehead almost lovingly, breathing out softly before retreating. Giving her his best smile to try and hide it. ”But you can’t have special people, or I’ll be very jealous! You’re all mine!” Teasing her playfully, giggling and rubbing their muzzle together. Eyes lifting to Leyra with a pained look in his eyes, understanding. Seeing the tear and knowing that she understood as well. Love was pain sometimes.