she's just a flower grown wild, open

Yseulte Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 5
Itzal :: White Tiger :: Hypnotize roni
[Image: ysueltetable.png]

yseulte*

Some times, Yseulte needed to get away.

Not from anyone or anything in particular, but simply away. It was a strange, conflicting feeling that Yseulte felt in her chest as she moved beneath the cool shade of the trees, floating through the spring growth like a distant dream. She preferred company more often than not, because her mind had a horrible tendency to linger in the past and settle on unpleasant memories. And yet, she found Edge dweller company to be rather...stifling. Which was bizarre in itself, seeing as she had yet to meet many of the members, including their mysterious queen. As far as Yseulte could tell, hey were all kind, decent folk, and she felt most undeserving of their affections and acceptance.

No matter, life would go on, and she would continue to learn the craft of creation under Lace's patient guidance. He was a fine mentor—steady and calm as a slow, winding river. It gave her purpose, crafting. The ability to create, rather than destroy, was a concept entirely new to the monster-child, and she threw herself into the craft with everything she had to offer, even though she had very little to offer in the first place. It kept her mind from wandering, and kept her busy.

Sighing, she breathed in the sweet smell of a distant thunderstorm, and watched the robins flit from branch to branch over head. Today, she strayed away from the Edge in the late afternoon light, slipping through the trees with ease until at last she came upon the small meadow she was rather fond of. The sun dappled her back in weak, but warm rays, and made her white-blonde hair ablaze with a cold glow. Entering the meadow, she startled a bold-eyed doe and her speckled fawn, sending them dashing through the meadow to the cool darkness of the forest. Larks and robins twittered nearby, and she could her the murmur of the wide river, smooth as the glass she had seen Lace craft from starlit waters. Yeulte's pace dwindled as she fell to grazing, enjoying the taste of sweet spring growth on her tongue and the feel of sunlight on her back.

Hours later, a warm rain fell.

apprentice craftsman of the edge,

ALL THE WAYS I GOT TO KNOW
YOUR PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL.

Aerwela Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Aerwela

Rain dribbled gently across the clumpy canvas of her coat as the Amazon moved slowly across the moistened earth. The breeze tugged gently on the coarse piluses of her mine - disheveled and windswept as they danced through the air. Something had caught her eye in the distance and slowly but surely she made her way toward it, her interest piqued.

"You know, it's not good to stand out in the rain." The grass bent and crackled lightly beneath her hooves as a heavy accent leaked smoothly from her lips. It was a bit of an incongruous statement considering she too was situated beneath the steady downpour but it didn't stop her from uttering the words. A crooked grin snaked its way onto her amazonian features and a glint of coyness gleamed within the aurelian depths of her eyes. They were fixed securely on the others own azure specs with a faint glimmer of intimidation; a modest test of wits. "You might get rain rot." Her tone was crude, yet not mocking as she halted a few paces away from the mare marked of soft lavender. Perhaps not the most tactful of greetings but Aerwela wasn't much concerned either way. Trended ears were tilted forward lazily and finally she allowed herself to properly scrutinize the mare. Pretty, she thought, though remained unimpressed. Whether or not she could handle herself in combat had yet to be discerned but she didn't seem to be the sort.

Aerwela was poised just slightly taller and her erect neck gave farther emphasis to the difference in size. In Etaine, this mare would've been labeled a witch almost instantly. A unicorn with such exotic markings and pigment (such as Aerwela) was not a common site and almost anything out of the ordinary was subject to persecution. Those superstitious curs probably would have taken it as an unholy omen or some other such nonsense. Inwardly, Aerwela rolled her eyes at the sentiment; outwardly, she remained still, her gaze steadfast, albeit tolerant. "I am Aerwela." The name slued off her tongue like the rain water which sleeked across her coat.

[ ooc ; lol sorry if this is weird or not good. Please tell me what you think x__x ]

I've got a skeleton in me

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

M U R D O C K
If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Murdock lazily wandered through the field, the golden grass stroking his legs as he moved on through the meadow. Normally, he would be flying, but the great storm clouds that had rolled in overhead had caused him to think twice about taking to the air. Such weather conditions were not particularly favourable and right now he didn't feel like struggling with the skies. A warm rain fell upon his back, turning his ebony complexion an even darker shade of black as the water soaked his hide. Such poor conditions would normally put him in a foul mood, but today they were more of a minor inconvenience as he really had nowhere he needed to be.

As an outcast he had little else to do but wander, and though he always appreciated a little excitement, he couldn't complain about a simple walk through a field. Turning his head into the wind, two distant figures caught his eye. Curiously, Murdock turned towards them. He proceeded cautiously, stepping lightly through the grass as he approached a thin, violet mare from behind. Another mare accompanied her, and from where he was standing it appeared as though they had just met.

He dipped his head as he approached the pair, rain water running down his soaked forelock and dripping into his eyes. "Afternoon" he called cheerily, lifting his chin to get a better look at the exotic pair. Both were decorated with wild colours and designs, and they were the first unicorns he had come across. He hesitated a few feet away from them, keeping his distance. They seemed harmless, but of course he had heard of the racist unicorns up north and he wasn't eager to get himself in a tangle with one such creature.

(Hope you don't mind <3)

"Speak"

Yseulte Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 5
Itzal :: White Tiger :: Hypnotize roni
[Image: n6diqv.png]

Zjarri could not always be with her.

For long periods of time, he would often be away. On "grown-up business" he would say, but she knew better. She knew the destruction and devastation he caused among the kingdoms, bringing war and death in his wake when there could be peace. He did not fancy the kingdom life for Yseulte, and so left her in the care of his beloved twin sister, the serene, violet-eyed Makenna in the deep of the desert among her grandmother's fighting warrior women. The White Twins were something to behold in Liridon, son and daughter of the powerful Fire Lord and his Firebird, both born pale and cold as the north, but with skin more scorching than the belly of a volcano. They were halves to make each other whole—Makenna's water to Zjarri's fire, her peace to his rage. As Zjarri wished, the fiery Donieta women raised Yseulte in the depths of their desert.

She smiles to herself before turning to see the stranger who approached her in the warm drizzle of afternoon rain. The sun still shone in the western half of the sky, hovering above the horizon line amid sheets of listless gray clouds, adding a bizarre sensation to the sweet spring rain. "Rain rot, you say?" There is a curious lilt to her voice, as if she is contemplating something. She tilts her head at a slight angle, closing her eyes briefly to feel the cool water bead her faces in sparkling droplets. "Where I am from, it never rains. I think I will chance the risk," Yseulte says simply, as if that is an acceptable reason for standing in the middle of a downpour. "Besides, I should greatly like to be ugly, anyway." Her voice purrs with vague amusement, especially at the thought of rain rot destroying her fine coat.

Though the light-hearted tones of her voice suggest humor and dry wit, the cold-eyed mare is quite serious. Beauty has only ever been a burden to Yseulte, and she wonders if the strangely marked mare identifies the same way, for she is quite an exotic beauty herself. Yseulte isn't blind--she sees the way the mare's eyes linger on her appearance, tracing her strange coloring, and contemplating and analyzing her with savage, glittering eyes. Curious. She has seen those eyes before, many, many miles away, in a place where it never rains. Eyes that are vibrant with life and blazing with wild hunger, but cold with purpose, discipline, and strength. The eyes of a warrior. Perhaps a fellow sister, even.

Interesting.

Yseulte returns the exotic mare's steadfast stare with a cool gaze of her own, very aware of the manner in which the stranger holds herself at her full height, stressing the difference in height between the two, however meager that difference might be. Finding excellent posture hardly threatening, Yseulte merely sweeps her tail against her hocks, and twitches an ear. "Aerwela." She offers the mare a crooked smile, a peace offering of sorts, for she had decided that she quite liked the mare's ferocious intensity. "And I am Yseulte."

Another joins their brief standoff, a pegasus stallion, and Yseulte can't decide if she is annoyed or glad of the distraction. She quickly settles on indifference, which in turn, is quickly overcome with childlike curiosity. For being thoroughly soaked through the feathers with rain, he is of an especially cheerful disposition, and she wonders absentmindedly if it is an uncomfortable sensation to have wet feathers. He keeps a gaping distance from them--not quite far enough to suggest fear, but farther than general respect requires. Wariness, she decides, and doesn't blame him for his extra precaution. Whispers of the north and its racist inhabitants spread like the wildfires her father once summoned with a single breath.

"Indeed. Nice weather we're having, isn't it?"

yseulte
apprentice craftsman of world's edge

ALL THE WAYS I GOT TO KNOW
YOUR PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL.