[BASIN] Fear the wolf that has no mercy [Open]

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Lupus

~ Pure Wolf ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lurking in the shadow of the trees Lupus watched,baring his teeth slightly. A blue bird sang,mocking the fact he couldn't jump that high to grab it between his paws. Come and get me little wolfy! was all the little bird seemed to be singing. Its cocky little head flicking from side to side,it's tune starting to drive Lupus mad. If only if would come down... Lupus never took his eyes of the bird. It's careless call would be it's last,he was sure. It didn't even seem scared of him. With a sudden flash of emerald blue blurring Lupus leaped,pushing back on his hind legs,propelling himself into the air. Widening his jaw his eyes were full of lust to grab to dreamy bird in his jaw. Snapping his jaw shut around the base of a wing Lupus prepared himself for landing. A squeal of pain stung his ears,but it wasn't enough for him to let go of the blue bird.

Landing gracefully he trapped the bird between his paws,blood of the wing soaking into his white coat. With one final chop of his jaw,the bird was dead and proving a worthy meal for Lupus. He left no part of it, except a few bones but they were small so he could barley feel the ones he did swallow. Blood stained grass marked the place the bird had been killed. Lupus's paw showed who it was killed by. Moving into a sitting position he lifted a paw and started to lick on the blood,enduring the taste. That should keep me going for a while. His paw now clean he turned his attention to why he had came here. A herd. He had spent his whole life protecting the herd he was introduced to as a cub,but as a exile he had left. Hoping to find others like him.

"blah blah blah."

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F A E L E N E
everything is held at length

Faelene's quest was proving to be one with long walks, and wandering days. It was a balance between keeping her sanity, and losing it. There was something about this golden lion that fed her to continue, and the great want of her magic. Until gallivanting off to another corner of Helovia, she in chance was passing by the Threshold before heading for home. She felt less inclined to drag back Unicorns, she still didn't want to pass up the chance of meeting someone who might strike her fancy. What she didn't expect was a large white wolf, snapping a twittering bird from on high. This wasn't the same guardian the Edge had had, Faelene knew she had been a female. It was in her nature to be suspicious of the sharp fanged creature, but there was nothing in the air that spoke of more. It was him, and his pathetic meal of feathers.

Quiet steps hushed by the grass under hoof, she watched him with her large dark eyes with interest, but there was nothing really drawing about a hunter eat it's prey. Especially since it did not seem such a challenge for the brute. "Not fond of your own kind?" She would question, when he had finished grooming himself. The red maned took stand from her own shaded hiding, barely into a touch of sunlight to reveal herself.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Lupus

~ Pure Wolf ~

Prowling around in the small opening he had taken the birds life in he waited. And waited. No one had appeared. Nothing at all. He could hear the distant call of more foolish birds. If I wasn't waiting for something else to happen,I would have all of you by the neck,tearing you feathers of,one by one. The great brute pictured the mess there would be. Small bones scattered everywhere,lone feathers,blood stained grass. A hint of cruelness shone in his eyes as he though about it,but he was soon distracted.

Picking up the scent of a horse Lupus lifted himself to all fours,waiting patiently for a horse to emerge from the trees. Soon enough a black figure showed. A owner of a bent,twisted horn,blood red mane falling over its jet fur. Lifting his head he growled slightly,not in fear but to keep the horse 'in line' to suit himself. Letting the growl die down he took a ginger step towards the horse at a slight angle,cocking his head to the side in curiosity but keeping his ears twisted back. "Hello Unicorn,I am Lupus.And you are?" His voice was cold but friendly as he inquired for the horned mares name. He was calm in the presence of the mare,it was just him,a wolf,and her. Just him. One wolf. How common was it that a wolf was on its own? Not very."And if your wondering why I am alone,and not in a pack then it is because my mother died and I never found my father-and am in exile from my previous herd. Foolish horses,I risked my life for them. " It was like he could almost read Faelene's mind. He wondered what the horses reaction would be. Laughter? Pity? Each horse had a different reaction. He only had one aim,and if the mare was only going to slow him down,he would leave. He pretended to be distracted by his thoughts and not very interested in her but really,he was as curious as a foal.

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E

Dark ears pin back along her skull, the edge of her lip risen in small warning to the wolf. If he wished to make friends he was doing a poor job, unless he was defensive for a reason. Wasn't signs of good things either. "Faelene," she answered, her dark limbs stretching beneath her, taking her closer. She kept a defensive stance, alert, ready to strike if needed. She had not lived this long, and made it this far without injury to be naive over a wolf. She payed him mind when he spoke his piece, putting words to mind, while the others would be recalled without trouble. "You expect to serve another?" She threw out the question with a raised brow, her breathing slow, while her eyes seem intent to take every piece of the wolf in. His own breathing, tip of ears, and motion of eyes. "If you do, I'm not sure you need to speak of your exile, unless you are going to share more information about why." When she spoke her voice was void of emotion, if she was ready to move on. If she brought him back to the Basin they would have to have mutual trust, and an agreement. If he messed up she would pay for that, and she wasn't sure she wanted another responsibility hanging over her head.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Lupus

~ Pure Wolf ~

Faelene. Well,that was the name of the Unicorn and he was going to remember it. He took in Faelene's scent,recording the horse as so he wouldn't forget her. You expect to serve another? He knew how stupid it sounded but a wolf was meant to live in a pack-but in the wolf packs he would either be refused or sent a warning look from one of the males,telling him to back of. If you do, I'm not sure you need to speak of your exile, unless you are going to share more information about why. Well he hoped he didn't have to talk about it. At the time,he was not proud of it,but now? Now he was proud. It had taught him what idiotic horses had took him in. Oh well,if he had to talk about it he would,with honor.

Loosening his stance a little to a less defensive one he approached Faelene with confidence,trailing his paws in the grass. "Nice name." He was trying his best not to speak with a harsh voice. He manged to soften in just a little bit. "And yes,I would like to serve another. I always have and wolfs are meant to serve there pack are they not? And you,what herd,if one at all,do you come from? And what is it like?" He shifted into a sitting position,less the a meter away from the Unicorn as he watched her with his wide,curious eyes. He growled slightly,a kind growl only meant to hurry an answer.

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E

It wasn't really strange that a wolf wanted a place among them, since it had happened before. It was more how to prove what he said was true, that he could be trusted. It was one thing to bring another Unicorn, quite another to bring a wolf. She wasn't exactly in a high position to give him much promise. A cool mask, she kept her thoughts to herself. Eyes trained upon him, he surely wanted and needed a purpose for what kind of creature he was. How she wouldn't do well alone, and nothing to guide her coarse.

With no invitation the canine came closer, seeming to have lightened his mood. Ears having not left their flattened position she did not offer a smile to his comment, but kept on the ground her hooves had claimed. He threw quite a few questions her way, a growl to hurry her. A thin, dangerous smile she shook her head. "I'll tell you what Lupus it was the grandest place you will see in this land, and quite fitting for a wolf use to the cold. If you want to join my herd you'll have to trek through a bridge of endless ice, hike through snow frosted mountains, and at the bottom of them you'll find the Aurora Basin. It will speak for itself, and than you can call for my leaders. I'll put in a good word for you, we had a guardian of your sort once, but I make no promises." Faelene did well to meet his gaze with a hard stare, to make sure he understood this wouldn't be easy, but it could be well worth it. "If you make it that far, mind your manners, I don't see why my Lady wouldn't take you in." It was with a dip of her cranium she left him to think upon her words.

[end]

ooc:you can do as Faelene says and ask to join the Basin with a thread. Since he is a wolf he should probably be an "other", but he might need it to be outcast to to post in the herd lands. Psyche can decide if he can join the Unicorns or not.