Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

Xanthos had not strayed far from his prisoner since her capture. Although the talk with the Dragonheart had only acelerated his thoughts of leaving, the grullo had managed to stay within the Basin for now, awaiting the return of his Corporal and their newly crowned leader, Psyche. A part of him had wanted to forget the threats posed to the palomino mare he'd come to be friends with, to pretend that no harm would ever come to the little Haflinger called Romani, but he knew that those were foolish things to assume. It was stretch, he knew, but after he announced the Weyrleader's capture to Psyche... What would happen then?

A dark figure could be seen descending the path that led into their home, and for a moment the stallion grew frigid, wondering if it was yet another bout of prisoners. Behind the shape was another, elongated in appearance, and huge. Was it... a snake? But when the form drew closer, he could see clearly that this was Psyche, back from the Throat in which she had been contained. And with her was, indeed, a colossal snake. A basilisk, if he was correct. A shiver ran down his spine as he took in the reptile's scaly body, and those piercing eyes that were much akin to his own.

Drawing in a deep breath, Xanthos made his way towards the pair, his steps hesitant as he grew closer to the basilisk. It would be stupid for anyone not to be at least a little fearful of the creature. When he found himself standing not far from Stellaluna, he came to a halt, dropping his head in respect to the Empress and her new friend. After all, he was not even considered a soldier among their ranks; not anymore. "My liege," he spoke up when he saw appropriate, raising his head back up only slightly then to cast his gaze upon the Empress. He wouldn't dare show anything less than respect. "I am glad to see you've returned unscathed."

Messages In This Thread
RE: the Return of the Empress [Bazilisk/Plague/open] - by Bazilisk - 12-10-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: the Return of the Empress [Bazilisk/Plague/open] - by Stellaluna - 12-10-2012, 07:36 PM
RE: the Return of the Empress [Bazilisk/Plague/open] - by Xanthos - 12-10-2012, 08:53 PM
RE: the Return of the Empress [Bazilisk/Plague/open] - by Bazilisk - 12-13-2012, 05:54 PM