the Rift

Crafting 101 [Quest, Tingal]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

Lace waited quietly while Tingal searched for the required specimens, patient and quite content with being away from the Edge for a while. It wasn't too often that he roamed away from the borders with an actual purpose, and he admitted that it felt good. Spring was a lovely time of year, and now he had a chance to fully appreciate it. While Fajira took off to hunt, the stallion roamed between the spring green trees, scrubbing shoulders and barrel against rough barks to remove the remnants of a damned multi-colored winter coat. He was more than pleased to see that the despised appaloosa markings was coming off, slowly but surely, more and more for each day that passed. By summer, they might even be gone entirely. Hopefully that would be true for the frosting in the mane too...

When the tiger-striped stallion eventually returned, Lace nodded and followed with him to the two trees. A quick study of them showed that Tingal had indeed found the right ones; he was given a smile and an appreciating nod, before the Glazier gestured for him to step back a little.

"Now comes the hard part" he said and stepped closer to the two trees, the nose reaching out to touch the trunks. "See, when I craft things from trees, I don't cut and carve and damage the source. Rather, I guide the trees to grow in specific shapes, so that the item will be parted from the core without harm. It takes time, more so in fall and winter since the speed of growth is slower then, but now when the spirits are high and weather warm, it should be a fairly quick process."

Then he closed his eyes and grew still, mind turning inwards to the core of the tall plants while he called for the magic within the soul to flow from him and into the trees, compelling them to grow according to his wishes. At first it wasn't a visible process, but as time passed a lump began to appear on each of the trees, where they stood closest to one another. Larger and larger it became, until they were close enough to touch, even grow into one another. By the time the lumps had completely joined together and merged the two trees together, the stallion took a deep breath and opened the eyes again.

"That's a good start" he sighed, apparently tired even though he seemingly hadn't done much other than to stand for a long time. "Now, Tingal. Tell me your favorite tree, your favorite flower, and the wild animal you appreciate most of the ones you have seen. Take your time; I'll go take a sip of water and a bite of grass in the meantime. " Said and done; Lace slipped away for a while to refresh himself, leaving Tingal to study what he had done so far and to think over the questions.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Crafting 101 [Quest, Tingal] - by Lace - 12-10-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: Crafting 101 [Quest, Tingal] - by Tingal - 12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
RE: Crafting 101 [Quest, Tingal] - by Lace - 12-25-2012, 07:43 AM
RE: Crafting 101 [Quest, Tingal] - by Tingal - 12-26-2012, 08:10 AM
RE: Crafting 101 [Quest, Tingal] - by Lace - 12-26-2012, 08:47 AM
RE: Crafting 101 [Quest, Tingal] - by Tingal - 12-26-2012, 07:37 PM