Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

Sometime between his arrival and the completion of the armor, the glen had become filled with mares. It wasn't that he hadn't noticed them, it was just that Lace hadn't had time to reflect upon how many they were until his task was finished. Now, as he moved away from the spring with a pale morning sun caressing the golden strands across his back, he felt the cheeks heating up upon realizing how much of an audience he'd had.

He smiled gently towards a roan filly as she slipped in by his side and presented herself, and reached out to nibble the tips of her creamy mane in a friendly way. He'd of course heard her name and seen her figure in the herd before, but this was the first time they were formally introduced. And not a moment too soon.
"Haha, indeed, and good morning to you too. It's good to see that you are well, Kiara. We were all relieved when you came back home.. I'm only sorry we couldn't bring you back earlier." Gilded eyes strives to capture her gaze for a moment before releasing it once more, offering a look of quiet apology for his inability to keep her from being kidnapped in the first place. It was something he would always regret; but indeed, he was equally glad to see her there.

Not pausing in his slow stride, his attention was soon captured by the arrival of Rishima. Silent like a shadow and just as elusive as her dragon-hearted sister, she paused to inspect the pieces of glass strewn over the grass by the pond before eventually joining him; the stallion couldn't quite suppress a smile at her words. Nodding, he could but agree. "It took more effort than I thought it would" he told her, coming to a halt only when the two others were close enough for everyone to carry on a conversation. "I wasn't even entirely sure how to go about. I just had an idea, and a notion that I had to make it real before the image slipped from the mind. If I'd known it would take the entire night, I would never have attempted something as complicated and arduous as a suit of armor." Accepting her silent offer of support, he allowed his weight to shift to the side, carefully leaning against her black shoulder. The warmth seeping from her hide was welcome, as was the company of those he considered as family and friends.

"Magic is harder to control than one might think, isn't it? I never had much to do with it before I came to Helovia, but now it seems it's thrown at me from all directions, even required of me to wield. I doubt I'll ever really get used to it..." He sighed in played desperation, offering a charming smile at the ladies in hope that they might pick up on the topic.

Silence wouldn't be an option here, that much was certain. Even as he spoke, the silver grulla took in the sight of Tor and Yseulte measuring each other with their eyes, only for his lavender hued apprentice to do the same with Rishima. Whether the sharp glance was returned or not he didn't see, but it was enough of an indicator to make the stallion want to sigh inwardly. Did mares always have to squabble amongst themselves?

As if it wasn't enough, he himself felt somewhat awkward as he glanced at Tor. What the healer was doing this deep within the Edge was hard to explain, but he didn't object to her presence - he just wished that their last meeting in the Secret Grove could be made undone, so that he didn't have to feel the weight of words unspoken hang in the air between them. It was all he could manage to offer her a smile and pretend that nothing at all was wrong between them, before he reached out to give Yseulte a nip just below the withers - a pitiful attempt at distracting her from her glaring contest with Rishima, and potentially avoid a situation that could turn really ugly really fast.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
a glaziers pace (crafting glass, open) - by Lace - 12-10-2012, 07:59 PM
RE: a glaziers pace (crafting glass, open) - by Lace - 12-28-2012, 11:56 AM