the Rift

Lambs Will Flock [Psyche/Open]

Sorcha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
S o r c h a

Funny, isn't it? That a God would favor one group over another? The blood splashed doe thought to herself, cutting a clear path into the North. Her sharp gaze drifted over the landscape, dripping with disdain. She had watched from afar as the Unicorns had been pushed from their home, meeting only a few of their broken lot. There was the old fool Myrddin, and, briefly, Mauja the ex-King. The monarch had disappeared so shortly after they'd met, leaving her with many unanswered questions. There was a new liege left in his place, a mare, much to her own chagrin. It was much more entertaining to fuss with egotistical stallions than it was to deal with a catty female. A soft snort left her nostrils at the thought. Still, she was driven by a drive to see her own kind, wondering how much her minuscule grains of faith in them would be confirmed.

Garnet limbs danced their way across the melting snows, an elegant display not hidden from prying eyes, though her own caught the blur of steam in the distance. Yes, this was the new land. But what would they do with it? They were no more intelligent than the Pegasi or the Equines, though they seemed to be desperately holding on to the futile idea that they were something more. Striding forward into the Basin, as though she were a part of the displaced herd, Sorcha grinned. The source of the mist lay before her now, the warmth of a hot spring invited her to soak her bones. In the soft glow of evening light, the painted dame let herself slip into the water, until only the topmost portions of her frame were left in the air. "Not bad," She said to herself, porcelain eyes twinkling above a wry smile. "All they need are a few servants, and then they'll have themselves a right little kingdom."

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

One of the most appealing aspects of taking up residence in the Aurora Basin, was the naturally occurring Hot Springs. Myrddin often found himself wading into the freezing waters of the Steppe, letting the cold seep into his ancient joints, numbing them to the point where Myrddin felt nothing at all. The <>heat however, had just the opposite effect. Myrddin could feel again, when the warm waters washed over him, limbering his joints and soothing his arthritic pain. It was blissful, and a pleasant way to begin a day which would include a lot of walking. Myrddin had been placed on a special quest from the Goddess of the Moon. Myrddin had called on her, rather than the God of the Basin, as her darker magic was what his soul craved. He wished to see again, but not with the same eyes as before; he wished to see deeper, into the very heart of creation. It was the dark love of the Goddess of the Moon who could give him that. Besides, how could a sightless old fool like him, serve this new God, anyways? He wasn't so concerned with the ramifications, as he perhaps should have been.

As he neared the Springs, he scented a mare. Myr's large moose-like ears flicked back for a moment, annoyed that his bathing ritual was to be interrupted. At this time of day, there were normally not many around. But this...Sorcha. his great mind filled in for him, flashing mental images of their brief encounter not so long ago. Smirking slightly, he continued to walk forward, having a fairly accurate mental image of the Basin, and especially the Hot Springs. As he drew close enough that he estimated she must be able to see him, he snorted, blowing warm humid air out of his whiskery nose. "I know you." He said in his sandpapery voice, although there was more warmth in his greeting than anything he had said yet, in his time in the Basin. He liked Sorcha, her fieriness and determination. He remembered the odd barbs on her face, and how she had scoffed at his compliments of her. He also remembered telling her of his ambitions to find a King to advise. And although Psyche was a Queen, he did not share her disdain of female rulers; in fact, her preferred them. And hadn't he fulfilled on his conquest? Was he not here, Haruspex to the Lady Psyche?

His blind milky gaze revealed no emotion; though his large mooselike ears were perked forward, waiting for her to make a noise. If she were to refrain from speaking, he would not be able to place her in his mental construction of the Springs, and would risk bumping into her, or her horns if he entered the water.

[OOC: Rayo, can we just say that Myr and Psyche know each other :P And that the thread that Bluey was going to set up, happened?]

Unregistered
S o r c h a

As expected, she was not alone for very long. Cerulean eyes drew up to the banks of the spring, meeting the cloudy gaze of none other than Myrddin. But it was not the same antlered Unicorn, no, there was something distinctly wrong in his face. His eyes. Has the ancient fellow finally begun to lose his sight? She wondered, smirking at the old man's predicament while amber limbs stroked lazily through the warm water. The sun sank lower in the sky, it's dying colors almost hidden by the great spires of mountain that sided the Basin. The vixen raised her chin, draped in sheets of sunset color. "So you're still alive and kicking, eh? I would have thought you'd succumbed to the Frostfall we had." She returned, voice light and mirthful. Truth be told, she would have been saddened had the old boy not made it to Birdsong, but she wasn't about to tell him that now. It was not her way. What good would it do to make her appreciation of him known? He was nothing but a quickly aging acquaintance, and remembering that would keep her from acting foolish.

"You've taken up quite a nice little home here. Must say I wonder what sort of God favors ones so violent, torturing prisoners and all, but whatever catches your fancy I suppose." Sorcha spoke, mockery clear in her feminine tones. As much of a Unicorn as she was, she felt no closer to these Unicorns then she did to the Pegasi or the Equines. At least Myrddin was only playing along as one of their pets for his own gain, for that she could well understand. Rising from the spring's warm expanse, the painted dame strode back onto the shore towards Myrddin. Water streamed down her rose patched pelt as she moved, dancing in fleeting droplets to the ground. She came to stand in front of the aging prince, and in one bold move let her velvet muzzle reach out to brush his own. "Have you lost your sight completely, old boy?" A question left her pale lips. It would be a shame for the creature to be going blind already. That was just another reminder of how old he truly was, and there would only be so many years left for the elder. If they looked closely, one might be able to see something akin to sorrow flash over her elegant features. What luck, to feel any sort of attachment to one already so close to death.

Deceased
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

As the barbed mare began to speak, Myrddin sighed gratefully as he plotted her position on his mental map. He didn't like the unknowingness which came with being blind. He nodded his head as she spoke, knitting his wirey brows together as she mentioned the brutality of FrostFall. She spoke truly, he almost hadn't survived. He had grown gaunt and pallid immediately following his unfortunate encounter with Manhattan and Knox. If he hadn't found his way to the Basin, he surely would have succumbed to the cold.

Must say I wonder what sort of God favors ones so violent... As she expressed this cynicism, Myrddin chuckled heartily. Had he laughed since arriving in the Basin? He wasn't sure he had; it did his heart good, being around Sorcha again. "Ay m'dear, but they are just as corrupt and petty as we; just on a much larger scale. Besides, he said, nosing towards the warm water, "this suits me just fine."

He heard the water falling off of her lithe form, and Myrddin was grateful that he remembered what she looked like. He imagined the water staining her patch-work coat, deepening the indentations of her muscular form as it clung to her body. As her soft muzzle brushed his, a pleasurable warmth spread through his old bones. He knew they must be well and truly alone, for the feisty mare to risk such a gesture. Have you lost your sight completely, old boy?" She had asked. The faint smile from her touch, fell from his lips. And although his milky gaze wasn't no longer able to show emotion, if it could, it would have darkened immediately. "Taken." He corrected her, "My sight was taken. By a boy and his dog." When Myr was first blinded, he did not feel as much hate or resentment as one might think. But after the darkness of his situation had well and truly sunk in, after his body had been marred by multiple deep incisions and many more small cuts, the anger had built.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

It was to the hot springs that she traveled on this quaint Birdsong day. She wasn't quite sure why; she had no aching bones to ease, no tender skin to balm with the warmth of the spring water. But there she went nonetheless, if anything just exploring her lands. Her lands. The thought was still a revelation, and she found herself in debt to the Time God for his gifts - he had given her a home, and he had given her a title. She would repay him with service, she supposed, so long as he did not turn on them like his sister had. But for now, she would hold up her end of the deal. She would not ally with the other herds, she would create chaos to break the monotony of peaceful existence. Just as he wanted her to do.

She still did not know why he had tasked her with this, nor did she care. So long as she could use it to accomplish her own ends, she would follow any order he gave. Sure, it might get a little twisted, a little corrupted - but then, it was in her very nature to do so. One could say she was simple-minded, in terms of her goals, and perhaps her mind was a one-track thing. For she had only ever wanted one thing, and unicorn supremacy was still her goal. But she had expanded so far beyond just blindly reaching for such a trophy. She was learning to manipulate, to use others for her own means. She was beginning to understand why she would want diplomats in addition to warmongers. They could kill, of course - if they wanted all three of the other herds knocking at their door. Much safer to pretend to make friends.

She arrived at the hot springs to find Myrddin, her recently appointed Haruspex, and a mare that she was unfamiliar with. Amber orbs took in the many horns running down the center of her face with approval. She was a pretty thing, and, as a unicorn, was welcome to stay. Poisonous vocals, so dangerous and yet so alluring, rang out, announcing her presence, mostly for the blind seer. "Good morning, my dears." Her words were cordial, almost, her attitude having lightened now that she had assumed the throne of her own, unicorn-only little herd. "I do hope that you are enjoying the springs. I'm not sure that we've met, dear." The last words were directed to the painted mare as she came to stand beside Myrddin. She flicked her tail, brushing his hocks so he would know where she stood. "My name is Psyche, and I am the Lady of the Basin."

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Unregistered
S o r c h a

The old one went on to dispel her comments on his group's doings, igniting a bitter smile across her lips. Did he really believe that they were no more corrupt than the other groups? She'd seen enough of the other herds, their members always so blatantly loyal and good-willed. At least the Unicorns were just as honest in their own colors. "I have seen no such corruption in the other groups, though I have only watched them from afar. The most violence I have seen is from yours, Myrddin." She stated pointedly, staring smugly at his weathered face. "But don't get me wrong, taking prisoners is no rarity. I just find the ideal of supremacy to be quite comical." A light laugh left her maw, punctuating the phrase. She could see clearly from the outside of his group, not swayed by any binds of loyalty. Anyone who was foolish enough to believe that their race was best did not sit well with her. Fortunately, there was no question in her mind of the relic's intelligence. He was just not foolish enough for such ideas.

"Taken?" Her voice rang out, this time with an audible and true venom. Who would dare harm such an old creature? Garnet ears flattened against her skull, blue eyes growing dark. Before she could express anymore, another body interrupted their conversation. A pitch mare, one that Sorcha had viewed but a few times from her lingerings in the North lands. It was the Queen who had taken dear Mauja's place, so eagerly leading the broken band to a new land. Really, the gift had been the God's doing and no others, but the group was loyal enough to their matriarch none the less. Fighting the urge to let out an irritated snort at their privacy being disturbed, she nodded in acknowledgment of the monarch's entrance. "Greetings, Psyche. We have not met, though I am familiar with several of your citizens. As well as Mauja, though I know his royal presence is still absent here." Keen porcelain pools laid flatly on the black, waiting to see what mention of the lost King would inspire. "I am Sorcha, a rogue of sorts."

Deceased
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

Myrddin listened intently as once again Sorcha argued politics with him. He had learned from their previous encounter that the barbed mare had quite interesting views, and did a fine job of justifying her points. He appreciated that; so many he had met now a-days simply argued with him pointlessly, not really knowing why they held the beliefs that they did, but would stupidly lay down their lives for a cause they couldn't even articulate. I just find the ideal of supremacy to be quite comical. Myrddin chuckled at this, and shook his aged head mirthfully. "Ay little one, but are the rest of them not supremacists in their beliefs? Do they not pass judgement on the Plague, believing that one ought not be a supremacist about race? Which would in term make their normative views equally supremacist in nature." For the first time since being blinded, Myrddin winked. It was rather odd to do, but his muscle-memory had taken over before he even realized. It was an odd sensation, really, feeling his eyelid moving but gauging no difference in light or vision. " The plague is simply more upfront with what they believe, and have decided to act on it. Come what may."

Taken? As Myrddin was about to soothe the anger he heard rising in her voice, by explaining that the Goddess of the Moon was going to aid him in gaining a new-sight, the voice of the Basin Lady herself interrupted their conversation. If Myrddin's gaze was still able to express emotion, it would have brightened at the arrival of his matriarch. He had provided council to many leaders in his long life, but always preferred the females. Their cunning, their ability to manipulate and lie...their sexuality and vigour; certainly they had traits more advantageous than men. And for this one in particular, he simply adored the way that she spoke. His mind vaguely wondered if she had ever encountered Chester? Surely the little would-be cat would have been reminded of a certain queen in particular. Regardless, he did not share Sorcha's feelings that they had been disturbed; it was afterall, Psyche's Basin.

His large ears swivelled to catch her words, grateful for each sound which allowed him to more accurately place the dark mare into his mind-map of the Basin. "Long days and pleasant nights, Lady Psyche" He greeted her formally, although it seemed no one in these lands hailed from his part of the world, as his greeting had never been properly returned. But that mattered little, formalities were what they were.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

She would greet Myrddin first, as he was of her herd, and a very high-ranking member, too. His greeting was formal, and held ancient ritual in its tones. Perhaps she should learn more of his homeland, perhaps that is what leaders ought to do for their advisors. In truth, it might prove useful - having the old stallion fully behind her would aid her in her quest for the trust of her herd. "The same to you, my dear Myrddin," she replied. It may be the truest that her tones had ever been; though still tinged with that seductive poison, they rang with a sort of kindness, the sort that was not soft, but respectful. Then the six-horned spoke, and her words were not so well received.

So she knew Mauja, did she? A hint of annoyance tinged the shadow-mare's thoughts - did she think that the mention of their lost king would gain her any favors? Did she think he still held sway here, despite his disappearance? But her practiced mask fell into place, hiding these thoughts, instead presenting a face devoid of emotion, amber gaze sharp as she regarded the wandering mistress. "Lovely to meet you, Sorcha. Any acquaintance of Mauja's is welcome in our lands," she offered, keeping her gaze and her vocals cool, though some of their over-the-top sweetness had crept back in. "The FrostHeart's presence is sorely missed, as I'm sure many of our people would assure you. Should he find his way to us, I'm sure he would welcome you warmly."

It was such a bland response to the mention of the stallion who had nearly made her his Queen, such an unnatural way to respond. It left a bitter taste in her mouth, a metallic tang that threatened to bring a sneer to her face. But she held it in, held herself in control. How she had grown! Perhaps at one time, she would not have cared if this rogue femme had seen through her emotions, but now... now it was imperative that she appear strong, undaunted, perhaps even emotionless. For without emotion, she was without weakness.

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.