the Rift

Melhaven

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

M E L H A V E N
a land lost in time

Lying southeast of Helovia sits Melhaven, a quaint little island with tropical attributes. Here, Kapok's and Giant Fig trees reach high into the sky, stretching out and creating a protective canopy over the land. Just like any other rainforest, it is wet and humid here, with some areas notorious for flooding at some point during the wet season.

A wide range of fauna call Melhaven home, from the strangest looking insects to the ever watchful jaguar. While it is innocent in it's beauty, Melhaven is by no means a safe place, especially when night comes to veil the forest in darkness. Many a unsuspecting creature have ventured out alone in the heat of nighttime, never to be seen again.

Perhaps the strangest and most rare of all is the elusive herd of unicorns that have called Melhaven home for countless years. Once, they had practically ruled the land, but with the rise of predators and the introduction of two-leggeds, their numbers have dwindled to perhaps two dozen or so. They are ignorant to matters outside of their home, although few have traveled beyond the island in search for more open spaces.

Due to the temperate region of Melhaven, the unicorns that hail from there have naturally shorter coats, and while any coat color is acceptable, most are of lighter colors to further ward off the heat. Their stature sets most closer to the ground to aid in a quick escape if it is needed. Surefootedness and keen senses are the key to survival for these unicorns, for one wrong step could end in disaster for even the sharpest minded of them all.

If you would like your character to come from Melhaven, or if you would like to have a character related to Xanthos, just PM my account and I will be happy to discuss it will you!

THOSE HAILING FROM MELHAVEN

Xanthos
Stallion
Grullo
7 years
16hh

I will add more to this soon!