the Rift

What could have been love [Valentine/Questing]

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud

Myrddin

I become overwhelmed...

What a perfect what to describe it Myrddin mused. Overwhelmed... As though love was some great force which had reached up and drowned the stallion in it, completely surpassing and dousing any ability he might have had to resist. But if that was the case...why was he upset? It certainly sounded as though the fellow was saying that he couldn't have helped falling for the lass. If that was true, then he also shouldn't feel any culpability regarding the outcome, yet he very clearly seemed to. Frowning, Myr listened to the hearted-stallion continue.

...the plague...

Ah. So that must be the name for Lady Psyche's inner group...The more pure of them, anyways.

This is my first heartbreak, so please forgive me "Not at'll m'boy. Think nothing of it." Myr replied gallantly. Myrddin was not the most emotional or sympathetic of stallions - he was far too philosophical for trivialities such as that. Still, he felt compelled to offer some amount of reassurance?

"Let me tell you what I believe, youngling. You are in this position, because a series of events unfolded in a certain way. What caused them to unfold in the way they did? Why the events which led up to them, and so on. You were born with a certain body, that is, a unicorn. Had you not, Psyche would not have even given you the time of day. From the day of your birth, you were forced into situations that were not of your choosing. Others judged you, and you judged yourself, based on features you had no hand in choosing - your height, species, colour, etc. What I am trying to say, youngling, is that this heartbreak with Pysche was inevitable from the day you were born. This was determined to happen. That is not to say that you should not accept responsibility, for you should, only that you should lessen the guilt and remorse you feel - for to wish away this pain, is to wish away every event which led up to it. "

Flicking his tail, Myr narrowed his blind gaze speculatively. Was that helpful? He wondered. Likely not. Grunting, he tossed his aged head. "Or, just stop moping about it. I am blind, and old. You are youthful and capable; I'm sure if you open your eyes you'll gain some perspective and see that this was likely for the best, anyways."

If it all goes crashing into the sea,
If it's just you and me, trying to find a light,
Like ships in the night.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What could have been love [Valentine/Questing] - by Myrddin - 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM