Knew It Was Trouble [Yseulte]

Yseulte Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 5
Itzal :: White Tiger :: Hypnotize roni
[Image: ysueltetable.png]

yseulte*

Torasin's children.

She was foolish not to see it, really. Fine-featured faces with such vibrant, youthful eyes the color of spring and sky. She wondered how she could have missed their likeness to their gentle-hearted father. They are quite beautiful children (as far as monstrous little beasts go, anyhow), and she can't help but wonder who their mother is. She most be a lovely creature to have captured the heart of the Sun Advocate. She imagines Torasin to be a fine father, with his loving warmth and gentle demeanor.

With a vague smile, she recalls their spontaneous snowball fight that ended in a glorious victory on Torasin's part. The ratio was two to one, after all. Kiba, the mischievous little dragon, had practically buried her alive in the snow. It was a fond, cherished memory of play, an experience Yseulte never had as a child.

What would it have been like? What would she be like today, if she'd had a father that was not as raging and unpredictable as wildfire and as cold as the northern snows? She pondered this question many times in the years she'd been free of her father's dark shadow, even though she never discovered an answer, and perhaps never would.

"I know your father. You have his eyes." The youngster is well-mannered and polite, but she isn't surprised. Like father like son. Torasin is gentle, generous, and full of warmth like summer light, and she greatly admires him for his kindness, but such an open, loving heart leaves one incredibly vulnerable. It is a mistake Yseulte suffered once before in her life, and she doesn't plan to do so again.

The second boy, however, is different. There is an unmistakable shadow of a sneer in his voice when he speaks to her, and her gaze sharpens and grows cold. "I am aware of this," she says stiffly. Her patience drains away, bit by bit. But curiosity has always gotten the better of her, and she wonders why she's never seen the two children before. "And why is he my Sun Advocate, but not yours?"

apprentice craftsman of the edge,

ALL THE WAYS I GOT TO KNOW
YOUR PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL.

Messages In This Thread
Knew It Was Trouble [Yseulte] - by Nym - 12-12-2012, 12:21 AM
RE: Knew It Was Trouble [Yseulte] - by Yseulte - 12-12-2012, 05:55 AM
RE: Knew It Was Trouble [Yseulte] - by Nym - 12-12-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: Knew It Was Trouble [Yseulte] - by Yseulte - 12-24-2012, 04:03 AM
RE: Knew It Was Trouble [Yseulte] - by Nym - 12-25-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: Knew It Was Trouble [Yseulte] - by Hellena - 12-26-2012, 07:48 PM