I am lost, without you

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

trust your heart if the
seas catch fire

What had become of her beautiful home?

The once vivacious viridian stalks at her hooves had begun to wither and perish, their chlorophyl sucked dry by the heightened heat of the sun. They orchestrated a distinct rustling chorus as the wind hied past their crisp contours and caused them collide into one another, swaying and rippling like a sea of amber waves. A sigh escaped the crevice of her lips. A crunching discord was emit from beneath her dished hooves with each step she claimed across the terrain. The destruction had transpired so quickly.

Luckily the sun was blotted out by an ominous mass of thick, menacing looking clouds, obscuring some of the onslaught of heat from reaching Helovia's inhabitants. This would be an ideal time to set off on a trip to the beach, she decided, as she hadn't yet seen it for herself despite the time she had spent here and called this land her home. She neatly unfolded her silvern wings, pothering them to prepare for flight and then initiated her body to apprehend a suitable amount of speed in order comfortably ascend into the sky.

She sailed over the canopies of the palm trees which oscillated with the tug of the wind, increasing her elevation graciously and in a gradual manner. Soon enough the thrashing tides came into her line of vision, and she continued onward at a rapid pace.

Her ears were then provoked to stand erect atop the pinnacle of her head as the sound of a melodic, masculine voice poured into them. She looked around, teal irises greedily taking in all of her surroundings in search of where the distant vocalism had originated. She needn't search for long. The wispy fibers of the foreboding argent bodies above her were torn asunder, making way for a pale figure merely inches forward from her position in the sky.

Startled, she briskly sought to avoid the swiftly falling body, angling her body so the fledged conformations of her wings created a bit of resistance. Eyes wide with surprisal, she couldn't act quite fast enough. Like they say, objects in motion tend to stay in motion, and she hadn't thought quite quick enough to obviate a collision.

Their bodies collided, the sickening sound of a bone snapping piercing through the air. A cry in pain crept up her throat. Pain shot through her wing, the appendage now rendered useless, at least for the moment. She desperately tried to regain her bearings, as two bodies now fell at a dangerously swift speed from the figurative grasp of the heavens.

What an unbearably strange coincidence it was.

Messages In This Thread
I am lost, without you - by Jaydan - 06-27-2012, 12:41 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Cassiopeia - 07-08-2012, 02:10 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Ázzuen - 07-12-2012, 06:37 AM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Onni - 07-12-2012, 12:50 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Jaydan - 07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Cassiopeia - 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Ázzuen - 07-25-2012, 09:04 PM