the Rift

I am lost, without you

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
Being on guard didn’t always mean keeping an eye on what might be crossing the borders. Danger existed everywhere, and it was Azzuen’s task to ensure such things did not harm his herd. But the stallion was not expecting this.

The shriek of first another stallion and then a much more familiar tone rising in pain triggered an immediate response in this monochromatic steed. His flight diverted immediately, his broad wings easily gaining the speed required to reach them before they completed their f absorbed what had occurred in a second, and in the next second, he was falling, purposefully, diving beside them.

“Cass! Concentrate! Fly straight, fly with me, Cass!” He was distraught, but his rich tones rumbled forth regardless, as he awkwardly positioned himself beneath her and to her weakened side, his wings flapping just enough to keep his own flight path straight and hopefully support whatever weight he had set himself up to carry by putting himself in this position. She had a broken wing, but she could still flap, at least with her good wing. He would be there for when her other wing failed.

“Jaydan you fool! Snap out of it, help us!” He shouted, the anger and panic clear in his words that only just made sense.

“Onni!” He shouted again, summoning the healer they would undoubtedly need once the ground that was rushing up to meet them did indeed collide with them. He dared a glance at the sandy basin below them, and braced for what would be an uncomfortable and painful landing – but not deadly. They would have bruises, but they would be alive, at least.

Untangling himself from the pile of wings and legs, he winced at the tender spots he felt on himself, only fearing what he wound find when he looked over his beloved mate.

“Talk to me Cass, tell me you live…” He pleaded with her, thoughts of taking her pain away absent for now – he would gather his senses again soon, right now he needed the comfort of knowing she was alive, with him.

Messages In This Thread
I am lost, without you - by Jaydan - 06-27-2012, 12:41 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Cassiopeia - 07-08-2012, 02:10 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Ázzuen - 07-12-2012, 06:37 AM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Onni - 07-12-2012, 12:50 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Jaydan - 07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Cassiopeia - 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Ázzuen - 07-25-2012, 09:04 PM