the Rift

I am lost, without you

Jaydan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Hrm, I was imagining this going a bit differently I guess :x I didn't want Jaydan to be injured at all, he was basically going to 'snap out of it' as soon as someone yelled and/or touched him. Cass's wing breaking is fine, that's Phantom's choice ^^ but I still picture them free falling through the air, not splattered on the ground, as again I didn't want Jaydan hurt in this thread and falling from the distance(s) I imagined him/her at, crashing onto the ground would basically be fatal?]

The wind is like a warm cocoon around the gray-blue body that falls. It shuts reality out of his ears and entices his eyes to stay closed. It is gentle and kind against his flesh, like warm breath rather than whipping needles.

He has the gall to smile.

As his lips quirk up so his eyes flutter open briefly, smudged as they are with tears, he wants to gaze up at heaven's doors one last time. The necklace around his horn is lifted high by the wind of the fall. A necklace she gave him. The metal material glints in the high sun, angling just right that the dazzling light blinds the blue gaze of the foolish, broken stallion.

He winces at first, staring mostly through the bend of eyelashes and sorrow's nectar, but he sees her nonetheless. He sees her.

The world surely stops, it must, because that's exactly how it feels. No longer is he falling, but rather he's suspended, weightless and free and happy. Luin, he whispers, nostrils flaring as he jerks his muzzle up in a vain attempt to reach her. Lips part in a silent cry of longing, fore legs driving to climb up, wings threatening to break the pull of the wind, though he cannot, he's still suspended - immobile really, now that he thinks about it, not free.

Her face, how lovely and detailed her face as Luin stares down at him from the scattered clouds within the sky's ocean. There's a deep sadness in her delicate eyes and instantly Jaydan feels a lance of pain enter his roiling gut. He knows her, that girl, far too well to mistake that look for one of grief at his living. She grieves his dying.

She is ashamed.

Not like this, not like this his mind reels, eyelashes fluttering and she is gone. I cannot meet her like this...

The world returns, too fast it seems. The still heart of the gelding is suddenly revived and beating at twice the speed to make up for lost time. It presses tightly against his chest and her whispers her name like a dear prayer one last time as the last edges of tears float from his gaze and disperse in the wicked winds. "...Luin..."

This is all but a moment. It starts from the point of his necklace blinding him and ends just as his withers crash into the strong yet fragile wings of another pegasus. He hears the sound only barely above the whine of the sky as he plummets. The all too familiar noise of breaking bone and snapping tendon. At once the blue jay is pn alert, his supple body tensing, striving to save himself and now this unknown body he feels tangling up beneath him. His hind limbs catch on her legs. He feels her mane whipping against his back, his neck, his wing joints. She cries out, agonized, and his heart constricts guilt.

He caused that. He caused this.
It wasn't supposed to be like this! He just needed to see her again. He needed to be with her again.

And he did, and she refused him with a silent, sad shake of her head.

And now, now he is falling and the one beneath him is screaming and the world is blurring. Gasping, though his lungs struggle to get the air that whirls around him so quickly, Jaydan begins to tilt to the left. His neck strains, muscles flexing beneath the gray hide, eyes jerking to glance at the poor mare caught in the turmoil of his heart and his folly. His whispers an apology to her, unheard among all of the other noise of dying.

Wings unfurl haphazardly. Jaydan gained a lot of speed in his free-dive, but the ground is far yet and he can angle them just right that the joints slide out with minimal resistance. Eventually his feathers push back, body streamlined against the invisible currents as he struggles to right himself. This would have been a conondrum enough, but now there's a shrieking, injured mare beneath him and he cannot trust her to be as skilled or as capable in her current state.

Panic sets in like a warm fire eating away the back of Jaydan's mind. He drowns it with his rigid determination. With strength lending his muscles to shake the gelding reaching down at grabs at her mane and her nape, trying to pull her the right way with him. His wings, gliding over the air still, wouldn't be able to support both their weights and just her proximity would keep him from beating them fully like this.

"Luin help us!" he calls through gritted teeth, eyes pinching shut briefly, recalling that ethereal face. It feels like little more than a dream trying to flee his memory, but he pulls and tugs on his conscious, bidding her to stay and guide him.

He can almost feel her hands brushing his crest, her calves digging gently against his ribs while her thighs brush his wings. A sob threatens to choke his throat but he swallows tightly. Blinking, the sensation is gone and Azzuen has come, shouting against the wind that makes it sound like whispers. Together, they can right her and slow the descent.

Ground eventually meets them in a hard way. Hooves kick up dust and feathers slap loose rocks into movement as they land like a tornado of bodies. Cassiopeia surely takes the landing the hardest.

Jaydan staggers to the side, his momentum tossing him away from her. He just barely stays on his hooves, wings cupping the wind for balance as he wavers for a moment like a wobbly colt. Though blood does not graze him in any way, the shock of meeting the ground in such a stiff and quick manner leaves his joints feeling rattled and his muscles tightening. He will be sore for several days he is sure, but such thoughts do not settle in his mind as he quickly turns back towards the mare and her mate. Hastily his hooves eat the space set between them.

Azzuen is nearly beside himself and guilt drains Jaydan's face of any other appearance. Cool, blue eyes take on the scene like a scared child. Hesitant to approach, lest he face the wrath of a stallion with his heart hanging on a balance, Jaydan lingers like a ghost behind them. He is still rattled himself, still aches himself. Perhaps he can't go through with suicide, but that doesn't ease his pain any.

The painted girl comes in a like a wind storm she bustles so quickly. He will reflect on this later with fondness at Onni's timing and aptitude for healing. For now though he remains impassive. Numbness creeps like a cold setting along his limbs - it's as though he's slept half in a lake during the rain. He can feel the prickling along his nerves, and yet there is no sensation at all; not the heat of the oppressive sun of the bite of the gritty wind in this flat desert. He can feel only her absence.

He stays only to ensure Azzuen does not feel the same way. Yet what could he do either way? Sorry didn't seem enough in this case.
She shouldn't have gotten involved, he thinks bitterly, suddenly angry at her for putting him in this position. He has enough to deal with already without her life handing on him too. He is the one who is hurt here!

Snorting, the quick surge of warm anger leaves the gelding, hollowing him once more. Distantly he watches them work, but he has the presence of mind at least to wish her health and murmur prayers beneath his breath.

Messages In This Thread
I am lost, without you - by Jaydan - 06-27-2012, 12:41 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Cassiopeia - 07-08-2012, 02:10 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Ázzuen - 07-12-2012, 06:37 AM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Onni - 07-12-2012, 12:50 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Jaydan - 07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Cassiopeia - 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Ázzuen - 07-25-2012, 09:04 PM