the Rift

Liar, liar [CHALLENGE]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

The Gray. The Edge. The Throat. The Outcasts. Ophelia. Ophelia. Complications. Why must Tor make life so complicated? Can she not leave it rest, retreat to her own home and get rid of these impossible alliances that tug at her from every which way? You should, Tor. But the very nature that called on her to make peace also told her to save Mirage, as well as try and do everything nice to everyone. With each step she took to the cave where Mirage was kept, her thoughts kept turning and turning back to a hundred thoughts. I am about to violate our possible treaty with the Basin. I am ruining it for the Gray. I will probably be kicked out by Ktulu. Or they will praise me.

With each step her legs drag at her. With each step she realizes she is going to do something very stupid or heroic. With each step she knows she is going to cause a guard pain, a realization that clutches at her heart. The healer is a healer, not a bone-breaker or hater. Chances are you'll only be imprisoned, Tor. After all, you will likely loose the fight. She had tried considering every possibility. But in the end, she saw there was only one chance to save a possible friend. That's right- possible. She set me free when I was caught. By Lace, for that matter. Complicated, confusing Lace.

The heavy draft halted. Her hooves settled on crisp white snow, her warm brown eyes looked upwards. It was a beautiful day, early dawn. The sky was a light shade of pink, hinted with gold. Birds were trilling their songs. It smelled of warm damp earth and melting snow. It was spring.

"Mirage's guard! I challenge you to a fight! Should I win, you will set Mirage free and allow her to come with me safely and without harm. If you fail, you set your own price with me!" Tor's voice was heavy, dark. She tried to portray the warrior in her, but there was little, and so instead she drew herself up tall and proud, flicked her ears forward, and awaited the response.

[Edit: I believe this would be posted here and then a seperate thread would be created in the battleground?]

T O R

Image Credit [Bottom of Page]
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

It was over.

His body was sore and his sides were heaving from exertion. The stallion hurt, there was no doubt about that, but he knew he had gotten off lucky this time. His tail was probably the worst of all, the tiny bones fractured for sure, so the grullo let it hang lazily behind him. His neck, too, ached and throbbed, but it was not a pain that the hot springs couldn't remedy. This had not been a fight to the death, but it was clear that he had won by the time Tor spoke up. Exhaling a sharp breath, the grullo focused his golden eyes on the mare before him, and every so cautiously took a step or two closer to her. He had no more intentions of attack, and showed so by dropping his head to a degree.

"... I am sorry," he finally spoke up, only loud enough for the paint to hear if anyone else had strayed close to watch the fight. The bloodied hole in her cheek made him cringe, and he could barely bring himself to look at it. He had caused that gaping hole, he had been the one to bring his hooves down upon her. And he couldn't believe it. How could he ever apologise for something like this? Perhaps Tor would think him a fool to be saying he was sorry; after all, couldn't he have stopped in the middle of the fight if he'd wanted to?

A glance was cast to the side, searching for any that had wandered too near, before he focused his gaze back on the draft. It was an intense look, one that he did not let up even as he began to speak. "I'm not sure how, mare, but I will assure you that Mirage leaves here, well and alive, and soon. I can tell you that no harm has been brought to her yet, and if I am able, I will keep it that way."