the Rift

Take Your Coat at the Door [Sohalia]

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

Sohalia fell to a contemplative silence at Rowan's question. The flaxen maned doll didn't mind, knowing better than anybody the comfort your own mind could bring. Cassiopeia had shown her that her intelligence and lust for knowledge was a double edged sword indeed. However she could control the bad side of it, change how she looked at what she now considered a gift. It had changed her, molded her into someone who walked with growing confidence. She owed her new mindset to her mentor. Yanked from her thoughts when Sohalia admitted sheepishly that she did in fact have a few questions. Rowan smiled understandingly, knowing the myriad of questions that assaulted the mind when making such a big decision. 

Rowan sensed she didn't say everything she wanted to know, but it was a very vital question. "When you first join, you are automatically a citizen. However you can choose to take on a mentor. I'm a Scholar, my mentor is Cassiopeia. Scholars apprentice under the Oracle to learn knowledge and how to read the world. You can choose to be a Medic and apprentice under our Shaman, Onni. A soldier under our Generals, Midas and Azzuen. An apprentice under the Artisan, however ours has turned rouge and left with a prisoner so it's still empty." Rowan's face turned a little dark here. It had been a blow to the Throat when Bazilisk had left, leaving behind eager followers and a wall that was still in the works. Rowan hadn't known him personally but was still disappointed that this had happened to them. "Or an informant under our Sleuth, Xira. They are all proud positions and after two lessons from your mentor you are considered skilled. It is a great way to meet new people, and learn new things. Whatever fits you best. I would encourage you to find a mentor. Mine has helped me substantially, and I enjoy what I do immensely. However you will still always have your freedom, and you can do whatever you want with your time. Kri, our Sultana, has declared we not leave the borders alone too often. But that's what I'm here for!" Laughing softly and nudging Sohalia's shoulder lightly with her own. Deep chocolate a sharp contrast to the other mare's soft pearly cream. It was difficult for her to speak so much, and the discomfort was visible, but Rowan was more than willing to feel uncomfortable for Sohalia's sake. 

[[Gah that was terrible]]

Messages In This Thread
Take Your Coat at the Door [Sohalia] - by Rowan - 12-12-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: Take Your Coat at the Door [Sohalia] - by Rowan - 12-19-2012, 01:30 PM