the Rift

Set Fire to the Rain [Open]

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 50c3cfe45dfd7]

Chernobyl

A lonely shaft of ghostly light seemed to sprawl hopelessly from the moon’s innocent face as she worked her way across the newly darkening sky. Everything below was cursed in shadow, though it was a mystical place in which secrets only came alive at night. Ahead of her, the future looked bright despite her dim outlook on life as one whole. It seemed that the pieces of her heart had been scattered across the universe and she was destined to spend the rest of her life trying to reconnect them. Such a sad fate, she thought, though it was now a reoccurring reminder of what had been. Images of her childhood haunted her endlessly and she tried to find answers to the questions that she knew would never mend her broken heart, no matter how hard she tried. When she was young, she used to dream about fairytales and happy endings only to awaken to those soulless eyes of the one who claimed to love her so dearly. Though, love was something that her mother knew nothing of and Chernobyl was certain that one day she would find herself believing the same.

When she had aged a year, her mother confided in her something so terrible and twisted that it was hard to live life normally thereafter. “No man will ever love you as much as I, my sweet Chernobyl. I am the only one in which your heart shall be given… until the end.” For months, she tried to avoid the advances of the sickly mare, but to no avail. When she misbehaved, she was punished. If she did not return the sweet words of beloved sentiment, she was punished… and sometimes, even when she had been good, she was punished just the same.

Though, this was not so, here in Helovia. In fact, she only had herself to depend on and that meant that she would never be let down- or did it? Thoughts of anguish taunted her empty heart and she could do nothing to vanquish the forlorn sensation before forcing it to the back of her mind in sight of another member of the Basin. He was a curious animal, dipped in bloody shades of red that was not altogether unpleasing to the eye despite his intrepid allure. If she had been affected by his sudden approach, it did not show, for apparitions of death did not feel…

I’ve no troubles to speak of until now. Is there something you seek in my company or have you turned to the dark magic of the forest merely in the name of curiosity?” Her tunes had been dry, if unoriginal, despite the black fire that burned fierce in the depth of her eyes. Everything around them was alight with nocturnal awareness; though the day birds had gone away, the crickets still sang a dark, eerie song. In the moonlight, she looked bodiless, a mere mass of monochrome color resembling the starless night, unmoving and silent as if waiting for the Gods to chain her to hell. If she had been born with wings, the feathers would surely have been ripped from her spine by now, simply because life itself was certainly not something worth living in the sake of remembering.

Looking past the bloodied creature, she smiled at the shadowy mist moving in. “Beautiful night, isn’t it?

But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made
As you turn, you take your heart and walk away

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Messages In This Thread
Set Fire to the Rain [Open] - by Chernobyl - 12-13-2012, 01:09 AM
RE: Set Fire to the Rain [Open] - by Descaro - 12-16-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: Set Fire to the Rain [Open] - by Chernobyl - 12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
RE: Set Fire to the Rain [Open] - by Descaro - 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: Set Fire to the Rain [Open] - by Chernobyl - 01-20-2013, 07:49 PM
RE: Set Fire to the Rain [Open] - by Descaro - 01-29-2013, 05:39 PM
RE: Set Fire to the Rain [Open] - by Chernobyl - 02-10-2013, 11:06 PM