the Rift

Without a hint of regret I'll hold you to it [open!]

Tribute Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Paramore

~ Ignorance ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The visit to the edge had proven successful. They had meet some of the horses and knew roughly how they worked,now there next target was Dragons Throat. Tribute had set of slightly before Gryffindor and so had arrived earlier. Now he was waiting for him,but there no harm in starting to gather information was there? In flowing strides he made his way though golden sand grains. His stride sub-consciously lengthened to suit the sand. His throat was starting to dry as the vicious rays on the sun beat down on him. At least I am not black coated like Gryffindor,where his color would suck in the heat rather then reflect it.

Seeing a lake in the distance he set of swiftly,his throat burning. When he came to the lake he threw his head into it,refreshing his throat with the cool liquid. He had been dying for a drink for what? Days? Lifting his head,water droplets dripping for the end of his muzzle,he pricked his ears.Taking a few steps back away from the lake he reared,throwing his head up and letting out a shrill whinny of joy,hoping to draw attention to himself. Any attention. Darting looks in all directions he pawed at the ground,sending up sand grains that hit under belly and back legs.

"blah blah blah."

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

After meeting with her mentor Cassiopeia, Rowan had discovered the awakenings of something deep and buried. Who she'd been before her adoptive mother had molded her into the shy woman that still influenced her personality and always would. Despite her diminutive size, she walked with purpose, cocoa crown no longer lowered by the burdens she had carried. Flaxen blonde curls fell over cerulean eyes as they scanned the horizon. A whinny she most certainly didn't recognize rang out over the sounds. Instantly knowing it had come from the oasis she frequently visited. Already yearning to know who this stranger was, the Scholar set forth at a fast canter. Perhaps she didn't have long legs to carry her quickly to her destination, but she had determination to spare and knowledge to go along with it.

A stallion stood beside the body of water, draped in pearl and streaked with colors of ivy. The horn protruding from his crown made her wary, and she approached with caution, scenting the wind. He did not smell of the Throat, so why was he intruding on their lands, drinking from their oasis? His tall stature, easily dwarfing her, didn't bother the young woman. She'd gotten used to being small."Perhaps it is not so smart to wander into our lands without acceptance. I'm Rowan, Scholar of the Throat. May I inquire your name?" No room for shy demeanor now, though her voice fought against her. Remaining soft and intelligent. Too many things remained in her photographic mind, and her irises flickered over him, recording him into her memory like every other she'd encountered. Sea colored orbs sharp and knowing. What did he wish to accomplish here?

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

(I really shouldn't be taking on more threads, buuut...

Edit: I think Rowan and I posted at the same time)

Aryel had been circling high above the desert when she saw the white creature below. Flying just for the sake of flying, feeling the faint push of thermals and air currents on her wing feathers, senses awash with the simple euphoria of flight, her reverie had been interrupted by a strange noise coming from the ground. There was a white horse drinking from their oasis, kicking up the sand and sending his call across the sand. Now what could he want? she wondered, banking into a sloping curve, loosing altitude while keeping the newcomer in her sight. She had never met him before, and while they had no restrictions on who could join the Throat Herd, it was typically pegasi who braved the desert to meet them.

This horse, as she could see when she drew closer, lacked wings. And it also seemed that another was approaching him, an equine that did indeed seem to be a Throat horse.

She came in for the landing, gliding towards the ground and flaring her wings at the last minute to slow herself, sending up a cloud of sand as she hit the ground. Shuffling her wings and refolding them, she turned towards the stranger and whinnied a greeting, walking towards him. When she approached, she saw that he was a unicorn, unusual to see in these parts. He was mainly white, with accents of green here and there. Giving a polite nod to the equine, she turned back to the unicorn. "Can I help you?" she asked, tilting her head.

"blah blah blah."

"WHAT IS THIS GYPSY MAGIC SH*T?!"

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Unregistered

Paramore

~ Ignorance ~

Without a movement Tribute waited for the Equine as he approached him. He was smaller then most horses,quite a lot smaller, probably only just a horse but despite her size she was quiet a hefty strong build. Flaxen mane fell lifelessly over her chocolate colored neck. Looking up he then noticed a Pegasus circling,coming into landing but he didn't have much time to take in what she looked like as the Equine talked. "Perhaps it is not so smart to wander into our lands without acceptance. I'm Rowan, Scholar of the Throat. May I inquire your name? Well, perhaps it is not to smart to greet a guest with harsh words. His eyes,filled with confidence and dangerous looks,gazed into the blue-green eyes of the Equine,studying her.

Then the Pegasus landed,a sand cloud marking her arrival. White wings folded. Turning she let out a whinny and made her way towards them,it was then Tribute noticed her...looks. A golden,sparkling halo hovered above her head whilst her blue coat was spoilt by white splodges,dotted with all colored splodges. She looked more like a comedy performer rather then a beautiful creature. Can I help you? Well yes,perhaps she could. A menacing look struck his eye for a split second.

He dipped his head slightly in respect in the presence of the two horses then looked over towards the Pegasus. "Well,I never knew they performed comedy shows around here." His tone was mocking,made to take the piss out of her but he laughed it of with a shake of his head. Now he turned to the Equine. "Maybe you should greet your guests with more respect?" He questioned him,the mocking tone sliding out of his voice to be replaced with kindness although it only just showed. "I am Tribute and I have only come as a guest to mean no harm but to merely socialize. Do you have a problem with that?" He stamped his hoof,inquiring a answer. Turning as if he took no notice in the Pegasus and Equine he looked out upon the endless waves on sand and the lake. "What is it like around here?." He turned back to them,his eyes flickering between the two, developing his question. "Like,the leaders and horses?" His acting skills were good and he put on a convincing act. He voice was made to sound like he was lost and simply looking for friends.

"bla bla bla."

Deceased
Brit

Sea foam eyes were dangerous and far too arrogant, but Rowan said nothing. Remaining as impassive as ever, not intimidated by a simple look. Rowan had grown used to sensing the pegasi above her in the Throat, an so merely smiled and nodded in return to the other woman. She was not blind to the effects on her, it had happened to many of them in fact. Yet the brute didn't seem to know this, insulting her and causing Rowan's eyes to narrow. She cared not that he had laughed it off, it was still insulting. Nonetheless she calmed and schooled her face back to passive calm. The woman could defend herself well enough. Snorting when he addressed her. "Sir, I did not greet you impolitely. My tone was perfectly cordial, I was merely warning that perhaps it is not safe. After the battle with the ex Edge, unicorns make us rather defensive. If I somehow insulted you, I did not intend it, and I have been calm and polite all the while."

Mocking grin slid to her face when asked if she were bothered by that. "I think I explained myself well enough, Tribute. As said before I have not been impolite at all. Unless it is rude to give you a word of wisdom, which is my actual job as a Scholar. To know all and tell others only what they need to know to improve their lives. You are quite welcome in the Throat if you come with no bad intentions." His stomping and grand arrogance pissed her off somewhere deep inside, but it didn't show. She refused to even acknowledge that darker side of her. His lost little boy act would have been convincing but right after he had been snide? Not at all. "If you come as a friend, then it would be wise and most valuable for you to ask our Sultan or Sultana. For what would we know? We only have our own experiences to draw off of. Naturally what we say and what our leaders will say may have minute differences. However I find it is quite a welcoming herd, if stringent with the various soldiers. I would pity them, but they are loyal and flourish under the pressure. It is a wonderful place to be, and I have never once doubted that I will be protected. Do you agree?" Turning to the Pegasus beside her. Ocean eyes didn't change but she silently hoped that the other female would understand and sense not to reveal too much. It was true, their soldiers trained often and had very strict schedules of border patrol and various other activities. Rowan hated to speak so much in one turn, but her wit and honesty would not bend beneath his sass.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Aryel, who had been expecting this unicorn to be a little more polite, flattened her ears in annoyance. Why did people always have to mention her new markings? (Not that the appaloosa markings weren't starting to grow on her, when they weren't glowing at least. White and dark blue looked very fetching on her, so she liked to think). "Better to look garish for a short while than plain for your whole life, as you must no doubt be." she shot back.

She said nothing as he advised them to be more respectful, then snorted. "Respect? Don't let that horn of yours go swelling your head." she said, a warning tone in her voice. Aryel had known plenty of polite unicorns before, but it seemed that in Helovia that vast majority were racist snobs that all needed a good hard kick in the nethers. She pondered over her next words, wondering what his real purpose here was. She nodded as the equine--Rowan, that was her name--advised him to speak with the Sultan and Sultana if he wished to stay for an extended amount of time. And it was true, they were a somewhat militaristic herd, but surprisingly paradoxical in that respect with their strong views of race equality and loyalty to eachother. They were strong, brave, and organized, and she loved it. "Absolutely." she said, responding to the mare's question aimed at her. "I wouldn't have stuck around for so long if I didn't like it here."

She looked back at Tribute. "As for you, if you turn that attitude down a little I'm sure the leaders will gladly let you stay for as long as you wish. Kri and Leander, that's their names."

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

Paramore

~ Ignorance ~

Tribute wasn't listening to what Rowan was saying at first. It bore him as listening was not one of his strengths. He only started to listen when he started to talk about the Throat herd. it is quite a welcoming herd, if stringent with the various soldiers. I would pity them, but they are loyal and flourish under the pressure. It is a wonderful place to be, and I have never once doubted that I will be protected.Tribute laughed to himself. Rowan,you stupid horse. You have told me more willingly then the Edge about your herd. A smile crept onto his face at his success. Do you agree? His head turned to the blue Pegasus,he was obviously confident in what he had said.

Better to look garish for a short while than plain for your whole life, as you must no doubt be. Oh but was it? She may have looked eye catching but would that help in life? She couldn't hide for her own safety could she? In fact,being plain was probably better then bold and bright.

He turned to the Pegasus."Perhaps being plain is wiser? In snow and ice my green fades and I become invisible because of my color. What does a bright color do? Draw attention to yourself,sometimes unwanted attention."He turned back to the equine,turning his ears back slightly. "And yes,respect. Greeting guests with harsh words will often turn them away. Who knows,they may have been willing to join but with a greeting like that? I don't suppose they would." He flicked his tail as the Pegasus agreed with Rowan,adding on the leaders names. "What are your leaders like?" There was no point trying to find them when he had two members of the herd in front,but just to aggravate them in case they told him to go to speak to them he added. "And I suppose if you can tell me nothing,you are not loyal to the herd?"

"bla bla bla."

Deceased
Brit

Rowan was getting quite bored with the arrogant bastard. Instead cocking one leg and glancing away, eyes roaming the horizon in exasperation. Why did she even bother? She had been completely polite no matter what he continued to squeal about her being disrespectful. Little pig. He grinned and she sneered at him for a moment in her mind. Wishing to beat him down for being so rude and arrogant. He wouldn't be smirking when her hooves met his ugly face. Letting Aryel defend herself, uncaring about that. 

He spoke again then, first to Aryel then to Rowan. "If I have to repeat myself again I will be convinced you are deaf. My tone was perfectly polite; and I was merely doing my job. Informing people." Bored tone escaping, getting rather fed up with him. Finally she snapped as he said they were not loyal. Pinning her ears fiercely as her patience snapped. "Listen here. You came here, ON our land, not even at our borders which would be respectful as you seem obsessed with. Aryel and I were in no way disrespectful, in fact you were the one to insult her appearance. Myself, I merely warned you, in a friendly way, that unicorns made the Throat wary. What do we get in return? A smart ass! Questioning our loyalty? You've been here for hardly any time at all. You, sir, are arrogant, and I hope your smart mouth gets you a good beating." With that she stomped her hoof and raised her head to the sky, voice ringing out to call one of her leaders or a general. Eyes narrowed and tail snapping against her hocks. Calming herself with a deep, sharp breath even as her ears remained pinned at the disgusting stallion. "If you want to know so badly, meet them yourself."

[[OMG I am so sorry I missed this! Gah!]]

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

"Perhaps in the snow you would blend in, aside from those stripes and that horn, but here's in the sand, you're out in the open." In fact, that was commonplace around the Throat. Mostly sand and scrub aside from a few sheltered thickets, you escaped predation by running or flying. She had yet to encounter any large carnivores, indeed, she had little idea what else called the sands home, but she had seen the tracks of something large and pawed a few days ago, and several nights back had heard a sound that was eerily like laughter. Turning her attention from the strange noises back to the unicorn, she scowled at him. "A guest deserving of a proper greeting wouldn't mock the horses that came to receive him." she said. "Had you been a little nicer, perhaps I wouldn't be restraining myself from ramming a hoof into the space your brain is supposed to be." She didn't feel like fighting him right now, more annoyed than angry, but she wouldn't feel so forgiving if he continued to be this obnoxious.

She looked up at Rowan sent a call across the plains, requesting a leader's presence. "Betcha won't be so cocky when Kri or Leander beats your head in." Otherwise I might have to do it myself. She was all for racial equality, and liked to believe that not every unicorn was this arrogant, but she was finding it harder to think that way.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

Paramore

~ Ignorance ~

I merely warned you, in a friendly way. Warnings. Tribute never listened to them. There was no point in giving him 'warnings'. He would do what if wanted if he wanted when he wanted. Rowan stamped his hoof,letting out a thunderous whinny. She seemed to be getting slightly annoyed. It made Tribute laugh. <>If you want to know so badly, meet them yourself. If only her Perfetic leaders would come. Perhaps in the snow you would blend in, aside from those stripes and that horn, but here's in the sand, you're out in the open. But where they talking about the snow in particular? No,they weren't. So she could stuff that back up her throat. Betcha won't be so cocky when Kri or Leander beats your head in. Ha. If only her Perfetic leaders were coming.

He threw back his head,willing to give time for a leader to come. A leader that never did come. Ha. Typical. "So where is your perfetic leader?" He turned to Rowan. "Obviously didn't listen to you stupid call for help." Help. Ha. That's all he wanted because she couldn't handle a bit of attitude and she thought her beloved leaders could. He now turned to Aryel,glaring at her. "The green in me fades in the snow. You practically can't see me. And it has it's uses. What use does being bold have except being seen from afar? As for bashing my head in. I feel I could do the same to you. Not kill you. But leave you in a hell lot of pain. Until I feel like beating you again." A cold laugh escaped him. The bitch obviously didn't know what he could do to her if he wanted. He threw back his head,pawing at the ground. "So tell me Rowan. Where are you darling leaders?" His tone was sarcastic,a sly smile plastered onto his face.

"bla bla bla."

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

"Honey, I'm home," I say, hooves falling downward in a quick spiral. I drive the wind behind me, adding more speed, falling ever so gracefully downward toward the idiot who had been tormenting two of my herdmates. I do not recognize him, but I automatically associate that pointed horn on his head with Mauja's band of jolly idiots, which might be a tad racist, but if he doesn't belong to my herd, then he is not so important. I do not drive my hooves like a knife into the oaf, though, for just moments before we could have made contact, I open my wings, twist the wind in the opposite direction, and buffet my landing.

I liked to make an impression when first arriving. Was it a tad dramatic? Perhaps. I always did like theatrics.

Instead of diving into him, I simply kick toward his head with my hooves, contact or no, it was just a threat that I was violent, and I also held no qualms about kicking his ass into the dirt here and now. "My name is Kri the Resolute," I say, tacking on my title with an elegant bend of the tongue. "You sir are an idiot for causing trouble in my home. Do you mind if I call you that, Idiot?" I slide to the side, being cautious of the pointed horn on that dolt's forehead. Idiot or no, I'm sure he knew how to gut someone with that thing. I then fold my wings and land, in my short, compact glory, and take steps toward the stallion and looking up with amused eyes.

"I am Leader here, and I would ask you to leave my kin alone before I make you."
""

Deceased
Brit

Rowan prided herself on keeping calm this long. Her hot headed nature was well hidden beneath her calm and patient exterior. Nonetheless the sturdier part of her was rearing its head. She'd taken on plenty of others in her youth, and pain was something you could overcome with willpower. If this bastard spoke any longer she wouldn't be able to be held responsible for her actions. Soldier had been a close second after scholar and she had Aryel on her side. But as he spoke to her she heard it. Hard to detect unless you were a Throat citizen used to hearin the sound of wings high above. He sneered at her, calling Kri pathetic and claiming her not to have listened. Rowan smirked, a cruel and bloodthirsty look on her face. Oh if only Kri would give her the sign she would bash his head into the sand and let the wildlife have at his carcass. 

His threatening of Aryel didn't pass by her but then he turned to her again, sly look on his visage. And right then and there she laughed in his face. "Listen around you, you incompetent stick head. She's already here." And as if on cue Kri descended. The most well known leader of the herds, and the one who had remained throughout attempted kidnappings and battles. Tribute was a fool to mock her. Rowan had seen how devastating her magic could be. How Prometheus and Pyr had suffered. Dark hooves flash out at Tribute and Rowan viciously hopes it lands. Her entrance is dramatic but holds an aura of strength. The Resolute is a worthy title for her. Confident now, she steps back and lets Kri take the reins. The Throat is always being watched over. Members are never alone in the huge family. How they remained so tightly knit was beyond her but it was obvious how loyalty and trust was placed in every member whether you knew them or not. Shown by Aryel appearing to her aid, even though they were unknown. By the scent on their coats they were united. Cold smirk refused to leave her lips. 

Silly incompetent stick head. You've set your hoof on the wrong soil.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

"If you had listened," sighed Aryel, having to explain this for what felt like the umpteenth time to some idiot horse, "you would've heard me say that these marks weren't always here and will no doubt disappear once the gods have tired of playing this joke on the mortals, leaving behind my regular colors." She smirked. "Whereas you will be plain your whole life, I'm sure." For all her impudence, though, she was getting really sick of Tribute and his arrogance. She felt slightly concerned when Kri didn't show, but knew one couldn't simply teleport across the sands.

She had worried in vain.

Aryel looked up at the sound of wingbeats, watching their leader descend, but not before aiming a mock-kick at Tribute's air-filled head. She gave Kri a respectful nod, then looked back at Tribute. "Our Sultana." she said smugly. "And a greater horse than you'll ever be." She waited for Kri to give Rowan and her the signal to drive him out, but wondered if perhaps she wouldn't. Three against one would no doubt end in the unicorn becoming seriously hurt, and although he was annoying and immature Aryel had no desire to kill him.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

Paramore

~ Ignorance ~

Honey, I'm home. A kick was aimed at his head by a Pegasus mare,gliding down. He instantly took a step back to dodge her hoofs,glaring at her as she landed. Kri the Resolute. He rolled his eyes. Many seemed to add a title onto there names,not that he doubted that she had a title hung on the end of her name but didn't they think they were a tad bit cocky adding it to there name? After all it only meant they had done something good in the past,it doesn't mean there that great now does it? You sir are an idiot for causing trouble in my home. Do you mind if I call you that, Idiot? He couldn't help but laugh. She sounded like his mother when she had tryed to teach him better ways and manners. But words did not affect him in anyway. "Listen around you, you incompetent stick head. She's already here. The voice of Rowan cut into his track of thought along with that of Aryel's. And a greater horse than you'll ever be. Great. There were different ways of being great depending on who you,yourself are.

His cold,hard glared focused on Kri. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." His voice held no tune to it. Ignoring Rowan he turned to the to Aryel. "The word great should only be used by those who understand it fully. You may think your leader great but those from the Basin may think her a bitch. However you may think the Basin leader is a bitch but they think she is great. You get it idiot?" His words were true. He threw back his head and stamped his hoof on the sand. "As you wish,Kri. I shell leave you perfetic Kin alone." He turned on he hocks and thundered away from the Throat,kicking up sand which fell back down again like rain. They were fools if they thought he wasn't going to go back and cause more trouble. A sly grin appeared on his maw as he thundered along.