the Rift

Without a hint of regret I'll hold you to it [open!]

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

Sea foam eyes were dangerous and far too arrogant, but Rowan said nothing. Remaining as impassive as ever, not intimidated by a simple look. Rowan had grown used to sensing the pegasi above her in the Throat, an so merely smiled and nodded in return to the other woman. She was not blind to the effects on her, it had happened to many of them in fact. Yet the brute didn't seem to know this, insulting her and causing Rowan's eyes to narrow. She cared not that he had laughed it off, it was still insulting. Nonetheless she calmed and schooled her face back to passive calm. The woman could defend herself well enough. Snorting when he addressed her. "Sir, I did not greet you impolitely. My tone was perfectly cordial, I was merely warning that perhaps it is not safe. After the battle with the ex Edge, unicorns make us rather defensive. If I somehow insulted you, I did not intend it, and I have been calm and polite all the while."

Mocking grin slid to her face when asked if she were bothered by that. "I think I explained myself well enough, Tribute. As said before I have not been impolite at all. Unless it is rude to give you a word of wisdom, which is my actual job as a Scholar. To know all and tell others only what they need to know to improve their lives. You are quite welcome in the Throat if you come with no bad intentions." His stomping and grand arrogance pissed her off somewhere deep inside, but it didn't show. She refused to even acknowledge that darker side of her. His lost little boy act would have been convincing but right after he had been snide? Not at all. "If you come as a friend, then it would be wise and most valuable for you to ask our Sultan or Sultana. For what would we know? We only have our own experiences to draw off of. Naturally what we say and what our leaders will say may have minute differences. However I find it is quite a welcoming herd, if stringent with the various soldiers. I would pity them, but they are loyal and flourish under the pressure. It is a wonderful place to be, and I have never once doubted that I will be protected. Do you agree?" Turning to the Pegasus beside her. Ocean eyes didn't change but she silently hoped that the other female would understand and sense not to reveal too much. It was true, their soldiers trained often and had very strict schedules of border patrol and various other activities. Rowan hated to speak so much in one turn, but her wit and honesty would not bend beneath his sass.

Messages In This Thread
Without a hint of regret I'll hold you to it [open!] - by Tribute - 12-13-2012, 09:59 AM
RE: Without a hint of regret I'll hold you to it [open!] - by Rowan - 12-14-2012, 09:16 AM