the Rift

(JUDGE) price to pay [xan, challenge]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
[Image: winter_snow_by_ladyfey-d5g626q.png]

The first image that resurfaced of Lei was that of a warm summer's eve, the kind where the sky was softened with deep purples and inky blacks, glittering with stars and still with a hint of fair gold at the horizon's line. Lei appeared out of the midnight trees like some dark ghost. So very slender and thin-skinned, and so incredibly tall- taller than Tor, on her stick-thin legs and knobby knees. An ebony tail, that of a lion's, so gracefully wove behind her, hooves cloven stepped without a sound through the forest dark. Once, her eyes had been green, but cataracts and gray films had marbled the moss, and so they were white, a stark contrast to her glistening shadow coat.

"What are you doing here, in the Lost Forest?" And her voice! The shaman's wings stretched, eternal night wings outwards, going forever on. That fine head tilted, one ear cocked- there was a glint of light at the tip of the smooth obsidian horn twisted with faint veins of gold and red deep within.

"I am waiting for you." Tor had said, nervously, but in awe as well.

"I can scent your fear. Do not allow yourself to be hindered by such feelings. Speak to me, young one."

"I want to heal."

"To heal, pain is caused as well."

"Why so?"

"You can only heal something already broken." Tor had paused, pondering the wisdom of the gray-muzzled mare who was scattered richly with white hairs from her age. The Shaman must have been twenty at least, mayhaps even thirty.

"I suppose so, Lady of the Lost. But if pain is caused, it needs to be healed as well." A chuckle had returned Tor's words, and then-

"You are a born healer, I can tell already. Yet I can only warn you you will be made be understanding and feeling the sharp knife of pain of each one you heal and care for." At the time, Tor had almost understood. But she only really realized the truth behind Lei's words weeks after when she began to mend bones and cuts herself.

Now, here she was in Helovia, fighting.

What would Lei say? Lei supported the heart over mind.

Tor knew the heart was often driven by love and understanding.

The mind was driven by need and selfishness.

Which one was driving her to fight?

There needed to be a balance- between the yin and yang energy, between the mind and heart. A balance was always necessary. The paint must've changed though since her coming to Helovia. A name had been forged by her, but she wasn't certain she loved the name, no, the meaning behind it anymore. What was the meaning behind it anyways? Was she a good or bad horse? Was her light and dark spirit balanced? Maybe... Maybe not. I am fighting for an honorable cause. I will come as a hero out of this for one team if I win, and if not, my pride will heal eventually.

She must at least try.

Her teeth caught on muscle and sinew, scraped the flesh from behind his poll. There was the taste of metal and iron in her mouth, the tang filling her mind with a mixture of horror and surprise. Xanthos locked together with her, no fool at least to allow himself to be crushed under her pale hooves. There was the strain of muscle, as the two horses, two titans in this planet of small birds and foxes, pushed against each other, straining for a second. Maybe it was longer. Tor didn't know.

She was attacking someone.

The guard disengaged, dropping to the ground, and Tor could almost imagine the earth shaking under them. A horn clipped her neck, a hoof caught on her broad shoulder. It was a blur, fighting, with a crystalline antler coming at her to cut open. This wasn't a spar- this was a real battle. Instead of moving, she braced herself, and the red sinew under her creamy neck tightened as she lunged forward, white teeth snapping at his horn. It was, by all means, a strange maneuver- if her teeth succeeded on shutting home on the pearl being, she was twist him underneath her, hold him, tell him to let her go. Chances are he would break free from her hold, but a good wrench to the head never was good. With a prayer the gods were on her side, maybe everything would go well.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

WC: 767
Attack: When he lunges at her, she shifts over, and moves forward to grab at his horn and using that as a lever, hopefully knock him over.
OOC: 2/4 + 0/1 Defense Post

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
(JUDGE) price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Tor - 12-13-2012, 07:06 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Xanthos - 12-13-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Tor - 12-14-2012, 07:03 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Xanthos - 12-15-2012, 12:48 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Tor - 12-15-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Xanthos - 12-16-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Tor - 12-17-2012, 06:39 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Xanthos - 12-18-2012, 08:56 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Tor - 12-19-2012, 11:01 PM