the Rift

(JUDGE) price to pay [xan, challenge]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
[Image: winter_snow_by_ladyfey-d5g626q.png]

"Mother, can you tell me a story? Please?" The sweet filly asked, round-eyed, in her coat of black and white. The Friesian next to her, sheltering her, laughed quietly, seeming to think over something.

"Have you ever heard the story of the Brave Bear?" Blackfoot asked, nuzzling Tor's forelock comfortingly.

"No mother, I haven't!" Tor cried out earnestly, looking up eagerly to welcome a new legend.

"Well then, it all began a long time ago, but it happens now too. The Bear was a big old bear, with soft snowy white fur and squinting eyes. He roamed the ice without a fear, but he knew which battles to take and which to avoid. My mother told me this story when I was just your age.

"Bear was searching for the Laughing Seal, the slippery prey that had evaded him for years without a fear. He came grumbling after it, searched the ice for days, and finally, sick of no prey to hunt and find, sat down on the ice and cried
'Mother Dove, Mother Dove, I have no food to eat and I will starve!'

"Mother Dove came with her soft eyes and listened to his moaning of despair.
'Bear, do you have no faith in me? Walk to the far North, where you will find the Wily Fox. She will ask you for your deepest secret, your one and only fear. If you give it to him, the seal will be plentiful. But be warned, Bear- you will need to be very brave to do so.'

"Bear walked the ice north, and indeed, just as Mother Dove had said, found the Fox waiting for him with her clever eyes and soft fur.
'Bear, what is your greatest fear?'

"And Bear paused, and thought.
'My greatest fear is messing up.' He said. The Fox cried out in laughter, but there was prey."

Was she being a fool? Was she destroying the name of healer she had created for herself? What was she doing? Tor didn't know at this point. But she did know she was afraid of messing up, afraid of doing the wrong thing. Afraid of hurting someone instead of healing.

The massive heart pumping in the mare's chest skipped a beat in fear as Xanthos crashed into her. For a moment, everything was a rush, a blur around her as she went plunging towards the ground before managing to right herself, pelt tingling in nerves. If one fell down, they were down for good. But despite his full-body check, her bite was successful. Tor's sliced mouth was on fire when she locked her teeth around the unicorn's withers. There was the grotesque feeling of teeth scraping on flesh and hair, the ragged crack as her teeth clicked before she pulled her head back. A tug at her muscles as she wrenched herself away from him, and then she stopped, turning on her haunches to face him.

The sun continued its way into the sky, blazing its fiery path into the azure, it's warm rays soaking into the frost-touched earth, setting each blade dripping with heavy dew, glittering with golden light. A breeze shivered the treetops, but it didn't touch her face, did not obscure her vision of him. "Are you done yet?" Her voice is solemn, distrustful, and a note haughty, a tone she rarely, if ever, uses. But there will be no finish until the two of them break apart, and stay down panting, flanks heaving for a chance to breathe.

Since neither of them are quite at that point in the cool morning air, she launches back into the fast pace of attack. Her hooves beat a quick tattoo on the wet grass that showers her feathers in droplets. Still her white ears remain pinned, her eyes grim. There is no love in this fight, neither of them wanting to hurt or fight each other, even if the two of them do not know their feelings are so similar. So the two will fight anyways in a thunderous clash.

She snaps at his lion's tail first. A dangerous maneuver maybe, if successful, for he may be agile enough to twist around and get her- and if she were to let go, it would never be in time. At the same time her teeth come shutting together, her hind legs flash out, searching for his solid flank and the hefty blow that will come to it, mimicking his own barrel kick. It is awkward, certainly, this twisted position with her neck twisted for her large head to crush the delicate bones in the tail, and her hind end angled so that the kick could be delivered well enough. Fortunately, it is doable.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

WC: 800
Attack: Attempts to bite his tail and maybe dislocate it- kicks at his flanks.
Defense: Is nearly knocked down by Xanthos but pulls herself up.
OOC: 4/4 + 0/1 Defense Post

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
(JUDGE) price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Tor - 12-13-2012, 07:06 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Xanthos - 12-13-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Tor - 12-14-2012, 07:03 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Xanthos - 12-15-2012, 12:48 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Tor - 12-15-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Xanthos - 12-16-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Tor - 12-17-2012, 06:39 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Xanthos - 12-18-2012, 08:56 PM
RE: price to pay [xan, challenge] - by Tor - 12-19-2012, 11:01 PM