the Rift

Coming Home || Open

Shyr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
S H Y R
Feverish lies and devilish desires,
She's the one that spread the fire.

Rather long legs picked their way easily through the forest. The creature they belonged to felt that it was not too easy. A blurred blue roan and white figure with a horn pertruding from the head started to pick up her pace from a ginger and gentle walk to a brisk and hurried trot. Today was the day she would be 'claimed' by a herd.

Claiming is not the right word. I'm not a piece of land, The mare bitterly thought, ducking under a low hanging branch. A smile tugged at the corners of her mouth though, rebelling against every fiber of her being. She didn't want this. A pair of liquid gold eyes peered inbetween the bushes that inertwined with the base of a tree. Shadows danced across her vision. It's nothing, She thought with a nervous laugh, There are nothing but shadows. Quietly, she drew a deep breath in through her nostrils. Her lids hung lazily over her eyes.

Shyr had been traveling for days. Time had slipped away from her while she was on her journey to Helovia and she only assumed she had been gone from her temporary home for maybe twelve hours. She had been too lost in thought to notice the sun rise and set.

Images of the Killings flashed through her mind, white hot pain trailing weakly behind. The Urges grew stronger and stronger. There was nothing to kill though and she would have to re-train herself to fit into societly again. No one would want to accpet a muderous, mentally unstable, yet seemingly cheerful mare into their herd. Shyr blinked hard, snapping her eyes shut, distorting the three golden dots that prominently spotted the corner of her eyes. Not here, not now. This is your new start. Get a hold of yourself, Shy, She mentally communicated with herself. Biting her lip she opened her eyes. Everything was back to normal. With no questions asked, the fae continued onwards.

Sunlight patched bright spots onto Shyr's pelt. The corner of her eyes crinkled as she squinted upwards, looking at the canopy. Birdsong was finally over. Frost no longer was dusted across the blades of grass and icicles no longer hung from the dormant trees. Flowers were barely blooming. Frostfall had brought harsh chills that Shyr craved. The feel of brisk air made her coat sting in a nice way. And of course Birdsong took it from me, She snorted defiantly stamping her hoof into the soft ground.

For a moment, Shyr stopped her thoughts as well as actions. Her face turned from worried to placid. She kept her audes on a swivel, even though she had temprarily let her guard down. This was where she would be claimed. This was the fresh start she'd been waiting for.

Nym Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Fresh grass began to bloom and the dominant signs of spring sharpened as the melted snow began to finally disappear. Birds chirped, squirrels came out, and the annoying insects you did not see within Frostfall began to appear. Hibernating animals exited their hold in a temporary home and began to make themselves known. Abel and Nym had seemed to do the exact thing. Holding their growing bodies away from the rest of Helovia's people. Rather hiding in the shadows and gathering the information they needed. Natives here they were. Conceived and born in the exact world Isilmians fled to. Their own mother talking of such a land, coming from it with scars and so many wounds. This exact canopy where Brooke had fallen, wounds so terrible and rough that Mirage and her dragon along with Torasin her lover (their father) and his dragon arrived. Mirage and Akaith lighting a fire to help Torasin's lover. Merely weeks before the twins were conceived. Born and abandoned not long after. Realizing their mothers favorite game was disappearing. Twice she disappeared. Now would be the third time.

The thing is though, she wasn't playing this time. She was truly gone forever. Abel was the only to know this. If Nym was to find out their mother was dead, found in the same place they were born, all covered in her own internal liquids.. he would fall apart. She had obvious signs of poisoning. The thing Abel did not know was she was poisoned on purpose, not by accident. d'Artagnan the Nightshade acquired his poison, tipped his horn, and rammed it through her skin. Brooke was lost in her confusion. Hurt and confused. Dying there in foam and blood. Abel coming across his mothers tracks was quick to cover it up. Making Nym believe she was only playing her mere game. As if she would return. Maybe Abel would tell him, maybe he wouldn't. It all depended on the growing personality of his twin. The chestnut was too much alike Torasin, too confined within personal emotional problems. Conflicted with emotional stress and hurt. Holding on to long to something so useless. This was why Abel was the more fit for dominance in the pair.

As they traveled you could tell. Watching the way the silver buckskin tovero walked, you could note the high tiara hold as Nym walked like a working horse. Head lower and muscles put more to use in forwards motion. This did not lessen his power though. Only put him to his place in line between a brotherly hold. A grasp in love. Abel was the first to notice Shyr, paint on a blue roan hide. A beautiful color that caught his attention quickly. Heightening his posture he gently bumped his muzzle on Nym's face, motioning his twins blue eyes to the thin but built frame of a female. Nym began to move forward, disregarding his brothers importance in leadership. Abel couldn't mind much, it was a simple suggestion that this time the chestnut paint had it. "Excuse me madam," kind and formal tones noted her, "is there anything we can help you with?" he finished joyfully. Abel standing behind him. Quietly observing the femme's movements.

Unregistered
S H Y R

She shuffled her way through the tangle of branches uneasily. Every muscle in her body screamed to run. Shyr had been an outcast for so long she'd forgotten what others looked like, let alone sounded like. Curiously, the tense fae peered around the foliage, seeing two younglings. Twins, sibilings or friends? She tilted her head slightly, wondering the relationship. Timidly, the blue roan paint side stepped out of her coverage.

"Hello there," She began with a voice of sandpaper, "I am actually new here. Just waiting to be 'claimed'," With a bitter chuckle, she drew her eyes from the colts, staring blankly into the canopy. Birds softly chirped and some kind of insect landed on her hip. She flicked it mindlessly away and off of her body.

Shyr shifted her weight from left to right. Her eyes avoided contact with the youngling's. The roan chewed her lip. The Urges crept up her legs and through her spine, a tingling sensation paralyzing her body. She shivered, her painted coat rippling. A predatory glow lit her golden eyes, seeming more cat-like rather than unicorn like. Licking her lips, she took a step forward, her posture hostile. Now, now, Shyr. Calm down, control yourself, Her inner voice chirped. She shook her head, a soft light replacing the hunger for Killings. Shyr smiled nervously, flicking her audes backwards.

"So, what brings you two here? Is there any service I can provide for you?" Shyr kept her town neutral and business like. Her eyes briefly danced over the bodies of the colts, the two looking nearly the same. There was a slight shade difference, for all she could see was gray. She did not know of color or the wonderous and beautiful shades of the equines surrounding her.

Unregistered

Shyr's movements, tense and hostile, among the tree branches made the pair uncomfortable. The simple way she held herself so arrogantly but yet scarred and hostile, was beyond the breaking point for Abel. Within his temper wavered. Moving too and fro without a care. Nym was cautious, he could feel the awkward emotions coming from his brother. The chestnut stepped sideways a tiny amount. Giving his brother a tinsy bit more room to throw a tantrum if he needed to. Abel though was mature enough to handle his fire. Tossing the fuel only when needed, restraining it for safe reserves later. Shyr was waiting to be claimed. Or so she hoped for. Who would hope for such? Exactly what the two boys wondered, their blue and green gaze going from her to each other and back to her. Nym was the only to speak, once again, "For someone to think that way is weakness, you should not wait to be claimed. You are not a piece of property that someone can come in and grab up," he paused to take a gander at his brother, Abels eyes stared directly at the skiddish mare "you're just as worthy of a specimen as the next to walk through these trees."

Abel began to make motions with his lips. Unsure of whether to continue what he was thinking or just leave it at best but the thrive to tell her something was too great, "Perhaps we can show you to a home? A pretty lass such as yourself should not wander alone." There it was. Plain and spat without taste. It seemed he needed practice on giving compliments. He was still rough around the edges and had no real care to help the lady out but if Nym was willing to offer their services, the least he could do was be behind him in it. Then she smiles. Nervous and wrecking. A terrible smile at the least. Nym moved forwards toward the gal as she moved her lips in words again, "We live here," looking her up and down "as for a service, I don't believe we need any aiding at the moment." Nym's gaze locked on Shyr's features. Holding without a break in stare. Abel began to pipe up again.

He was annoyed and ready to cut this to the chase, get it done and over with, "There are 4 herd lands out there," muscles began to quiver in anticipation of movement "The Dragons Throat, Worlds Edge, Wintossed Foothills, and the Aurora Basin. Though there is information about each of these herds that I must inform you of if you plan to search out a home. The Throat is led by Kri and Leander, typically a land for the pegasus but they allow all in their ranks, but do not expect any special treatment unless you bear wings. The Edge is led by Mirage, equality is strong within her group. The Foothills is currently run by a triumvirate, Svetlanna, Evers, and Archibald each rule there. Again an equal herd but," he sighs, eager ears forward in a relaxed motion, stress relieved during his talk "the Basin is not so kind. They are unicorns who believe they are supreme and racist beyond belief, though not all of them are like that, the majority is. You must be a Unicorn to join within their ranks or your out of luck." Abel motioned forward. Swinging his jaw towards Nym's rump to get the other stud to return back to his original position.

Nym began to back up, roughly as he was not so great in reverse, Abel though was not finished. He could careless though, surely she could figure there was much more to it than just herd life. There was the Grey and so much more. Or just living a free outcast. Without a care in the world. Protecting yourself though was a challenge sometimes because its not always easy fending for yourself. "Though you are not required to plant your hooves upon a seed now, there is much to see here. My brother and I may be able to take you to what you desire."

image credits || IMI ART

Unregistered
Her face softened slightly at the colt's words. Finally someone understands, Shyr thought gruffly. "For someone to think that way is weakness, you should not wait to be claimed. You are not a piece of property that someone can come in and grab up. you're just as worthy of a specimen as the next to walk through these trees." He said. She grinned wider than she ever had, even though she seemed to have a smile always plastered on her face. "Finally someone understands!" She snorted harshly, stepping forward. Feeling the burning stare of another, Shyr's pale eyes flashed to the colt that had not spoken. He was upset about something. She tried her best to smile at him kindly, but it seemed to be a smirk instead.

"Perhaps we can show you to a home? A pretty lass such as yourself should not wander alone." The quiet one spoke up. At first Shyr grinned, but soon after her smile faded. The words were monotone, without feeling. His voice was...unfriendly but his words were almost oppisite of what his tone was. She furrowed her invisible eyebrows together, staring in bewilderment. Shyr drew her feelings of confusement back to her mind, attempting not to come across rude. Of course, she was always emotional and showed it.
"I would like that." Her words were almost as tasteless as his.

The friendlier colt stepped forward, looking her over. She suddenly felt self-conscious, shiftiing her weight to her hip and dropping her eyes from his body. "We live here, as for a service, I don't believe we need any aiding at the moment." He said. Shyr nodded, filing the information of their residence in her mind.
"I see. So you live here, but why? Is it grand?" She said, analizing the pair that stood in front of them. "If only I knew your colors..." She murmured quietly, shaking her head. Shyr hated her vision issues. There had to be so many beautiful colors. She was beautiful, her coat unique and different. Paint spots could not be replicated. She wouldn't know though.

The hostile one explained the herds. Shyr listened contently. She noticed that some of the tension drop from the air. Suddenly, the stress left her body until the speaker asked for his brother to return to his normal position. Slightly insulted, she thought, I won't bite. With a distressed flick of her ear, she backed up, drawing her head back swiftly as the talkative colt backed up. Shyr kept herself still, her breaths shaking her body.
"I can assure you that though I am a unicorn I am not like the basin. I welcome all species," She stated, "but I do not favor those that are rigid towards me."[color=#696969
] She kept her eyes locked on the hostile colt, her nostrils flared.

She felt her muscles clench in something like fear. These were two strangers and one of them was hostile. She knew nothing about their power. She could die here and now. That was, if the Urges didn't consume her first.[/color]

Unregistered

Perhaps Abel had come off too strongly, even something Nym had picked up after living with him for so long. He could tell the difference between Abel's rough talk or the normal way he was, today he seemed quick and rough. Something troubled him, yet Nym would never truly know the reason for his hot temper boiling beneath his surface. Nym was to never know about his mothers death, therefore Abel was confined to keep it to himself, until his father appeared somewhere. The last visit here was a short time ago, where Abel and Nym's temper both arrived but it didn't make Abel feel any better. He was still troubled beneath the surface of a cold hard steel stallion. He wished inside he could converse with her in patience and care but he couldn't summon any hope in his voice. It was all just flat and laced with hate.

Nym was open with observation. Drinking in the coat of the lovely lady yet still wary of who she was in general. She seemed so skiddish and sly, lost and without a purpose. Perhaps though, that was the way of being new. Sinking into your shell. Lying back and searching for your spot within a new world. She couldn't figure out how to take in Abel's furious yet somewhat mechanical tones, but she was still kind enough about it. Nym smiled to her. "Don't worry miss, he's not usually such a grump." he whispered to her. The tone was so low Abel couldn't pick it out but he hoped atleast she could hear some of the words. Maybe draw it out together in a line, ignoring the rude glare of Abel. Those green eyes weren't mean to drown her in fear but he couldn't help but feel careless that his brother was sharing words with her and not him. They said everything together, always.

"We've lived here since birth, haven't yet found a true reason to leave, so perhaps it could be grand." he smiled, but yet her next words were sorrowful, almost as if she felt down so he perked his ears and graciously made a careful statement, "Though not as grand as meeting you madam." maybe he come off to strong but he only meant to cheer her up. It was a grip around the chestnuts heart that hurt him deep inside. The hurt within her summoned its own force to him. Abel though was not so vulnerable to such feelings. He was closed and reckless.

With the withdrawal of Nym, Abel confided his comfort in his brother. Relaxing his hateful stance. Head still drawn high with dominance. "If you are not as such, then I welcome you with an open heart." Abel dipped his head. His tones were still cold and cruel but there was a hint of warmth, hope hidden behind the dominant cruel vocals. "I feel that you would find the Edge the most comfortable of all herds but we are more than glad to show you them all, so you may pick. Or decide you want to wander the outskirts as we do." Abel gestured his large cranium to his brother. Picking up a large hoof then putting it back to the ground. The stretch felt good, refreshing and new.

image credits || IMI ART