the Rift

How Long? [Leander]

Aitheria Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Aitheria

Within the last few days of walking about and discovering the dirt of my new home I took pleasure to fly above a wide lake. Dried throat scratching at me roughly. I couldn't quite figure out how when something became dry it could burn so badly. It felt almost as if it was a hot summer day and the tiny bits of grain you stepped on where a thousand coals in just one piece. Hoovering above the liquid I tilted my wings in. Slightly adjusting my body to not sweep against the cool breeze, pushing ever so slightly against my will. Moving my thin, yet built and graceful, form peacefully towards the middle of the lake.

I soared on the coasting wind, carefully lowering myself to the top of the silk. Water rippling gently with the air. Surveying it with curious purple eyes, my hoof unfolded from its comfortable position within my chest, touching gently the top of the cool surface. It's temperature wasn't truly too terrible, well compared to the thoughts I could have guessed. Temperature though was not of my concern. It was the small rings around my hoof as is touch and folded under again. My head fell down and looking under me I watched it disappear. Unfortunately though, in my survey of the ringlet I had come far to close to the water.

A rush of adrenaline coursed through my veins as my frantic heart skipped three beats. I could tell I was going to violently crash to the water. Luck was on my side today though, a sudden rush of wind caught my wings and with the great help I thrust them a flap and floated up a tiny bit. My fear didn't stop the studies and relentlessly I continued to dip my hoof within the water. This time skimming it across joyfully. The taste for water a memory in my vivid mind. It's beautiful glass flying through my throat. I was finished playing with my drink and I tilted sideways. Wings flapping once more before I was high enough to gain speed.

Moving away from the middle, I traveled to the edge. Quiet, stalking my ear lobes. I hadn't seen much here, so peaceful I found it different. Weird that there was no true actions or disagreements within the citizens. Yet I could be on the far side of the action. Rejected for being a new catch. As sometimes that was how life worked. Hooves touched sand gently while I continued to move in a trot. Lithe frame working to slow carefully. My thirst continued to grow as well as the burn, lowering my cranium, my velvet muzzle moved against the chill. Ripples moved gently, the same as when my hoof collided, this time not so violent. I began to drink my fill. Finishing I raised my mouth from the top a few inches. Staring to my reflection.

[ooc- Epona if you have time I would enjoy another Leander and Aitheria post (: and this is also open!]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

Internally fuming, the aureate brute sauntered towards the blue of the lake. Heavy hooves struck the sand hard, as if trying to cause pain to something so vast and unfeeling. Ember clung tightly to the thick tendrils of his flaxen mane which hung loosely around his withers. The young eagle could not read his emotions yet, not like most bonded creatures were said to be able to. Still, she had quickly started to understand his body language. Right now, the LionHeart was angry, and just in the way he moved, she could tell something was amiss. Stalking forward to the water's edge, Leander let his neck drop even further, allowing Ember to climb clumsily down to the ground. Her talons released his mane as he hopped to the soil, happy to dip her beak in the water with the rapidly warming weather.

Ember's keen gold eyes spotted the mare first. The palomino had stepped forward to stand knee ergot deep in the cool lake, crown still hanging low to touch the glassy surface, when he heard the eagle's squawking. Shifting his head to follow the fledglings interested gaze, he saw a familiar copper form in the distance. It was Aitheria, the wise lady he'd brought home from the Threshold. A low sigh escaped his nostrils. Now would be the time to try and talk to a friend. Holding the title of leader on his shoulders grew more difficult, and his last meeting with Kri did not go well. How could he have been so aware of her explosive temper? Pushing thoughts of the sharp sultana from his mind, he summoned a weak smile for Aitheria. "Hello, Aitheria. I hope you have been enjoying exploring the Throat." He called out a greeting to the violet eyed fae, pillars shifting in the shallow water to face her direction. Ember, on the other hand, shot the stranger a suspicious look before scrambling a close as she could get to Leander without entering the lake.

Unregistered

Aitheria

Something was making an awful noise. It scratched awfully at my eardrums, almost to the point I was ready to plunge my whole cranium into the glassy water. It ached and annoyed me. Boiling an awkward feeling within my heart. Some would call it anger but I couldn't really claim it as such, for if I was to stoop out of my calm nature and mature standing I would feel terribly childish. Standing strong I coiled my muscles and prepared my ears to listen better. My purple eyes caught the familiar form of Leander as the squawking ceased. An eagle was beside him, small yet still capable of doing damage with those talons. Interesting choice in a friendship. As some would find an eagle too powerless for anything but a better choice of words would be the opposite. Even I know the damage they could truly cause. Those talons could poke an eye out, that beak could tear your flesh as it fully grows.

When the stud spoke I leaned forward and began to walk his way. My hooves barely in the water as I watched him cool the dark charred legs he had. His interesting markings still shocked me even after I had to register he wasn't truly a mythical being capable of bestowing magic upon the entire world. I'll tell you though, they are interesting. Still blowing my mind joyfully. His ice eyes still as cold as ever. I felt so distant to them, as if coming closer would cause me harm. Something about his true self made my heart long to find the hidden personality.

Coming close enough to see the whites of his eyes I stopped. Dipping my head in greeting, finally speaking in return to his earlier words. It had to have been a minute or two passing, I guess my interest in observing everything denied me the choice to answer fully and on time. I felt the need to appologize for having waited for a long period of time, but I refused at the moment for it would seem weird. "I truly have, its a wonderous home." there it is. My own mind has deemed this home. Therefore I am entitled to stay and offer my services. Though how long would my soul deem them worthy of my presence. Remember Aitheria, there must be bad before good.

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

The purple eyed newcomer seemed happy with the Throat. At least there were some who were happy; those largely untouched by the troubles of the land, as of yet. They were not forced to bear witness to their leader's faults, not the way he now had to see both Kri's and his own. Her temper and his own.. illness, were both something the Sultan would have to learn to fight. They could not be handled the way he had dealt with so many other obstacles, not with blood and pure force. He would have to find a way to both watch out for the resolute's hot head and shield the innocent from his own shifting moods. And, of course, all while taking care of a fledgling eagle, and trying to keep the love of a mare who resided on enemy ground. That spy, a mere thorn in the lion's paw, had deemed their love nothing but drama. It was fleeting moments like this, that he wondered if she was right.

Pulling his head out of the clouds, the palomino turned and strode out of the lake. He stopped on the shore, lowering his massive crown for Ember to scramble back upon his neck. She was often wary of strangers, and had not really quite gotten the hang of flying just yet. Her wing feathers grew more and more flight oriented with each day, and soon he knew she would take to the air beside him. Then they would be closer to truly being one.

"I am glad you have been enjoying yourself, Aitheria. I only wish I could say the same for myself." He said, bitterness pervading the smile which had crept upon his kisser. Thoughts of Kri's sharp, reprimanding voice still rang out harshly in his mind. It would have been easier just to acquiesce to her burst of warped, overbearing logic. But he was too sure of himself, and too fond of the Bazilisk already to let her words go unchallenged. She had, after all, requested his help in leading the herd, hadn't she? Surely she would have expected that he would have input to give, and to be adequately respected. They were supposed to lead in equality, side by side, not in opposition or by speaking to each-other with disapproval. Pale orbs gazed hard past the lovely chestnut and off into the distance. What would come of these twisted times?

Unregistered

Aitheria

While he moves from the water I watch quietly the ripples around him. Today ripples must be my study, for they are what hold my interest mainly. The tiny craters inside craters and once again inside themselves, they make are highly fascinating. Cool? I believe I've heard someone refer to something interesting or fascinating as cool. Or maybe I just recalled that memory wrong, it could obviously mean the opposite. I could just say, 'Hey the ripples you make are cool', and cool could mean attractive. Then I would be put into a totally awkward situation and extremely out of balance on my even calm nature.

My body evidently found a new interest. Eyes surveying the eagle scurry through his mane. I stepped closer, not meaning to trample any personal space issues he had, as I have seen other involuntarily attack someone for stepping a little too close. Reaching my muzzle out, extending to move my eyes closer to the bird without moving my legs any closer to him. In case my past experience visions came true. "She's awfully cute." I smile kindly, craning my neck to its original position. Tiara held respectfully to my Sultan. His tones had come quickly though and I pushed away my new found thoughts about his companion.

Leander seemed to have something darkening his mind. A smile that seemed as if it was supposed to be kind still leaked poison. I began to wonder where my loyalty lied. Maybe he wasn't true to his word, his gesture he throws off. What if I am a toy, a test for slavery or military in his preparing world. But these thoughts were so off tune, so crazy that I can not believe my doubts. My first instinct was to trust and I have learned to trust what I first know. Not what I am told but what I know. Now I must know about him. "Leander, I wish you would confine your terrible sorrows within my ears" I paused with grief filling my eyes "I hate to see you, or anybody at that fact, down." I really can't. I can't see sorrow and hurt, pain and agitation in someone without feeling something ache within myself.

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

Before he knew it, Ember' talons were gripping hard into the crest of his neck. "Calm down, Ember. She just wants to see you, that's all." He spoke, blue eyes glancing back sharply to the fledgling. Uttering one soft squawk, she settled her dark henna feathers and stared back at pegasus mare. She'd met many of all different types while with Leander, but not many wanted to come near her. Unwavering yellow eyes laid on the inquisitive mare. Hadn't she ever seen a bird before?

"Yes, she is isn't she? For now, at least. As she grows, I expect her to become a formidable companion in battle." He craned his neck to regard the young golden eagle. Already her talons were sharp on his neck, and he knew she would grow to be no small jay. She was a bird of prey, after all. Thinking of the little one was the one comfort he still had. She was a reminder of who he truly was; a beacon of hope to light his plights. Frosted pools were drawn back to Aitheria's brilliant form, a look of concern clear in those lavender eyes. There was a pause, as the sultan wondered whether or not to place the burden of his knowledge on someone else's shoulders, and knowing he would still carry it on his own no matter what. "I am more angered than sorrowful. But I will tell you, for now you are a part of the Throat, and you are entitled to know the land's problems as much as you are to see it's beauty." He said, his aureate face growing edged with a cold look. "I have just come from a meeting with Kri the Resolute, the Sultana of the Throat and the one who appointed me to lead alongside her. Our Artisan, Bazilisk, captured an enemy of the Throat, whose group has been trying to steal our members. I believe I mentioned them to you in the Threshold. I thanked Bazilisk for his successful capture, and spoke with the prisoner myself. But Kri reprimanded me for praising the Artisan's success, and scolded our Artisan for his actions as they were not included in his job duties. And this clear lack of unity between us, was of course, right in front of the leader of an enemy group." Leander's icy gaze had gone frigid now, pulling itself from the well intentioned lady and throwing it hatefully across the lake. "I know that our prisoner will not forget what she saw. Her group is comprised of cowards, but there are those who are clever. And they will look for a way to use such knowledge against us. Reasoning with them does nothing. They are hateful, foolish creatures. They are blinded by their lust for vengeance." He spat. It was not often that he got to profess his true anger for the band. Truthfully, it was not the whole group he hated, certainly not Faelene or those she deemed friends. It was the antlered one in the Threshold, the ebon ringleader, all of those who seemed to crave nothing more but misdirected violence, even when they had been given a herd-land by the divines. They could not find peace in such a fortunate offering, no. Like naive children, they would play with fire until they got burned badly enough to stop.

Unregistered

Aitheria

Eagles where creatures of flight. Flight for a predator. As those hard yellow eyes stared at my own, I couldn't help but feel a bit out of place on the food chain. Almost as if her beak could come hurling my way, digging through my hide carefully, pecking at my meat and flesh. Oh gross. Meat. The taste had to be disgusting. Blood had an almost metal taste. Like iron. Wounds before, yes I've had. With those wounds my tongue would heal. Liking away the blood, ready for the red liquid to harden and crust. Scabs were the most irritable of things. A never ending it as the healing took over. Or if you were to itch at in and rip it off, it was like a sharp pain. Disturbing and sick. Stomach wrecking, or atleast for me it was. Like those scars of Leander's. I'm sure within his time he's had his fair share of scabs. As I'm sure he would be quick to tell me I am correct that they are annoying nuisances that cause unneeded pain.

Battle, companion, oh she'd be a good one. Again back to scabs. Battle causes scabs if you are injured, therefore in time to come he will gather many more just to be sure and prove my point very correct. Unless you are for pain, I mean I've seen my fair share of sick equids. Believing that pain would help them. No pain brings you down. While making you stronger, it makes you weak. You can not disagree with my verdict, well you can but please, make your statement clear with valid explanations. As I would love my true knowledge to be changed to a more correct and broad term. To absorb what I have not absorbed yet. Then Leander begins. He is not sorrowful. Angered was his term. Anger is far worse. Anger will build among you, tear you apart from the inside. Drive you over the edge with pure insane, blood boiling, temperance and detailed opinions. An example would be his hardening face as he continues his interesting views on our leader and yet the other misfits he had talked about upon my arrival of this world he calls home. This wondrous home I lived in had its own problems. Just the same as the last. Joy. What more can be brought upon this to tear us further down. So when he is done I ponder. Direct eyes lay upon his tiara, watching the pretty blonde hairs fall in the wind. "I admire your fury in words beneath this trouble, if it is this meeting with Kri that gives this crab a help in bringing unfortune upon us, find something between them that can bring unfortune upon them. Something detailed and fine. Small yet significant." all I could really summon upon my tongue but I did find the nerve to eye him a real ornery glance. A little fire within me I usually couldn't find. "You are strong Leander, and I find that if this Sultana of ours has enough, pardon me please, ignorance to purely show weakness infront of an enemy... she does not need to lead us. My loyalty resides with you and you only." even though my judgement was purely set upon his. I find that he is a truthful man. So from this he truthfully tells the real Sultana and an emotion within her that will bring us to trouble. Leander is a controlling stallion. Even with the ice I see within his eyes, he is a true diplomat. You can't have a bratty child on the throne. You must have a mature adult.

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

Slowly, he found himself falling into her amethyst eyes, thoughts lost on too many things. It felt good, even with the fury of the Demon playing his soul, to tell someone about what had happened. It wasn't as if he could speak to Faelene often, for she resided in the North now, and even with wings it was a journey to venture so far. Why couldn't she just leave the damned ex-Edge already? The golden dawned an austere grin, his mask down for Aitheria's honest presence. Maybe his love wasn't worth such sacrifices.

"If I find such a weakness, I will surely use it against them. All I can think of that might pose a good crack in their foundation is that some of their members must not want violence. I know at least one of theirs who wants no part of their vengeance." He spoke, voice sharpening at the mention of Faelene. He would go on no further about the red maned, not now. The bronzed maiden began to comment on Kri, and there was no denying that her sentiment was appreciated. A softer look crept upon his visage, and for a moment there was a grateful smile. "Thank you for your confidence, Aitheria. I do not know every member of the herd, and I fear that most of them have little faith in me. But Kri has lead the herd in safety for many seasons now, and I know she has great strength. You should speak to her for yourself before deciding upon her worth or lack thereof." Frosted pools drifted to the ground, anger rising to their pale depths once more. The spirit's hold was weakening with time, but it was not gone. He could feel it burn within him, loosening the hold he so desperately wanted to keep over his own reserve. "I do not know if I can lead alongside anyone whose mind is closed to opinions besides their own. I would rather bide my time alone as I used to, then to watch an unruly temper turn a good mare into a foolish tyrant." Deep chords spat hatefully to the ground. There was no holding off his own furious demeanor, and quickly he glanced back up to the beautiful girl and her passionate face. "I have to go, Aitheria. Thank you, for listening to me. I wish there were more who had your patience." With that, the LionHeart was off, lunging into a lope away from the comforting companionship of the sweet mare. He would not forget her kindness or piece of mind. It was not long before the warm air currents rippled under his wings, and he was soon just a glint of gold among the clouds.

[ooc: Sorry for the delay! <3 Leander has left due to his mood swings xD I would love to have another thread with them both soon though! His demon possession has ended now so the next time they meet he will be back to his old self.]

Unregistered

Aitheria

No matter how he tried to cover it up, his troubled messages were received. Apart of me truly wasn't sure how to take him. I felt a hope when I seen him, or just being around him brought that good feeling. Though for some reason at the moment, while he gaped at my plum eyes, I couldn't help but feel chill. Like a psychic. I almost envisioned his changing aura's. The icy feel of his skin. Or perhaps the deep dark thoughts within him. Then again, I could keep on dreaming. I'm far from that talented, far from that extraordinary. "Taking them apart piece by piece is far easier and less expected than an entire army." he knew they were separated. He knew he could use it against them. Although you must think upon the dull said of things. What if they cared less for anyone outside of their little organization. That outside didn't technically have to be beyond the borders. Even within. Each one of those pests could drive their horns through one another, taking away any weak stone along the path.

"Leander, dear." I began "Perhaps you are correct, on terms of myself getting to know before judging, but I find a hope deep within you that I can not spare myself from" pausing to gather my thought once more "even though my loyalty is quick to be true, you have proven your worth to me. Maybe you feel you've not done anything but look at yourself, you are a natural born leader." I shuffle my wings uncomfortably "I do not usually make my mind so quickly but my heart is set in your direction. I will truthfully be under your service. I can not shake what fate has set in my soul." it was true. For some reason, even through the lack of my knowledge about him, I had this odd feeling of trust and companionship. I found him a worthy specimen. Someone who could truly protect with all he has. It was the spark within those eyes, beneath that ice, I couldn't surpass.

No matter the temper that began to flare, I drank the words in without hesitation. I did not stoop with fear, instead I asked for this. I asked for him to confide in me and I would not disappoint him with weakness. So he talked and scolded. Remarked his feelings for leadership and I began to assure myself even more, it is true. I've chosen a wonderful person to follow. My friends will never be an enemy. I will do what I must to have someone find a liking to me. Have someone return my kindness and heart filled mindset. "Go where your heart guides you, if you do not belong along side Kri, your destiny will set you a path and without hesitation you will follow." everything happened for a reason. What you do now, you do without thought. This harsh glare is his destiny. "Farewell Leander, I am pleased to listen whenever you need." more who had my patience? Hm, I appreciate that. What a nice stud. Away he flies into the sky, turning to a speck when he has gone so far he disappears. Its odd the way distance can alter the image. I wonder what causes this.

[ooc- OH YESH! Aith meeting normal ol' Leander will be fun(: lol, whenever you find time you can make a thread and tag her. I'll pop on in!]