the Rift

[phaedra, open] the sound of a breaking heart

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Phae was really getting sick of walking.

The wounds on her wings had almost healed, but her missing feathers had not re-grown yet. The skin which covered her wing-bones still looked tender and pink, but the pain was not as great as it had been, and the skin was no longer dry and bloody. Closing her eyes, she imagined again the rage in Leander's eyes as he brought an ice-storm down around them both. He seemed unaffected by the sudden biting cold and ice, but Phae had had to drop to her knees and shield herself with her wings, and even then, she was almost certain she would die. On my knee's, before that idiot she thought, not realizing that she was snarling. Leander's time would come; for now, she would fulfill her quest to the God of the Earth.

Phae had just left Note and Levi, Note being a potential suitor for a mare called Sohalia. If Phae was able to find Sohalia, she would bring her to Note, and hopefully they would see stars. Or...hear birds, or whatever happens when you're in love. Phae, who had never been in love, knew little of the subject. She only used men for protection; she let them objectify her. In exchange, they would keep her safe, as if she were some pretty thing that only they were allowed to touch. Phae flicked her tail absently at this thought, and began walking again.

That's what I'll do! As Phae climbed the top of a small knoll, she heard Tor's triumphant cry. Fear shot through her lithe body like an adrenaline rush of ice. Tensing, she spread her wings, wincing at the pain which etched through the unhealed flesh. Should she risk flying, and set back the healing process even further? Her wide-eyed green gaze surveyed the fields, finally landing on the draft mare. Uncertainly, Phae lowered her head, snorting. Tor was almost her exactly opposite, physically. Tor was solidly built, heavily feathered and tall, while Phae was lithely built, sparsely spotted and...well, she certainly wasn't short, but from her vantage point, Tor looked a good 5 inches taller. As she investigated the mare, a slow recognition began to form. Tor? Her mind supplied, with some uncertainty. She had heard of the Grey's healer...and yes, this was the mare who accompanied her to the Basin to offer their services.

Relaxing, Phae folded her wings, which had turned snow-white back to her sides. Raising her head, she began to walk in an arch towards the mare, ears still flickering with uncertainty. Even though they were on the same team, as it were, Phae still had a certain dislike for mares. They were conniving and manipulative, and often didn't take very kindly to Phae's ways of keeping herself safe. Still, Phae believed that if it came down to it, she could probably outrun the larger mare. At least on the sprint. As she neared, she looked around sceptically, expecting to see someone else. Hadn't the mare just said something? Phae shot Tor a puzzled expression, as she discovered that the two mares were alone. "Who are you talking to?"

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: [phaedra, open] the sound of a breaking heart - by Phaedra - 12-16-2012, 06:56 PM