the Rift

I've Run Dry [Djinn]

Avira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A . v . i . r . A
pegasus | mare | 15.2hh | 8 years | unclaimed

Circling in the sky was a small stocky form, blue in tips and throughout the end feathers. As above her tail, the large feathers look almost as if they were plucked from her wings and stuck to her tail. No though, they were grown there. Ruffling when she is nervous or upset, angered in any way. They flare up like that of a peacock. Though they aren't so colorful. Strictly set as a wonderful hue in tone. Electric blue. Sharp and beautiful. Like her hooves, where the blue mixes into her legs and rides all the way up to mid knee. Graciously fading away into her two-toned color of brown. The darks and lights mixing and swirling on her hide.

Perhaps her appearance is grand, all your opinion, but underneath the outside just just as wonderful. Happy and go giddy. Even though she has her quirks, she never fails to try and make you smile. Motherly with a dash of sweet sweet sugar. Beneath the passion and fire, the unending love, is a hurt soul. Broken with past memories and judgments. Even the precious history of someone makes them who they are. Whether the hatred pushed them into fear and solitude, happiness and worth, or pure evil. They had their way. The way their mind could comprehend with it. Take it and make it a new world.

Avira began to descend. Circling the fiery ground. Birdsong fresh in her hair. She moved like a bullet, wings carefully folded in, still able to guide her. Wind drying her blue eyes. Closing them to regain slick water, they once again dried. She blinked endlessly. Squinting her eyes, eyelashes blocking some of the dreadful force. Extending her hooves she prepared for landing. Wings flared, enormous in length. Blue daggers touched the earth as she flapped hard to gain a proper landing. Gently the rear hooves placed themselves on the earth. "Lovely it is today." whispering to herself. Soft tones kind and nurturing. What would today bring?

[ooc- This is for quest help so the thread is strictly for Djinn only. You are welcome to join if you PM me first because I want this to go as quickly as possible.]
"blah blah blah."

Djinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Djinn

No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure.

There was clumsy, and then there was him. There was painful, and then there was this.

Leave it to himself to cause injuries severe enough to shorten a lifespan already threatened, by jumping into danger without thinking, pissing off strangers with hidden abilities and taking strolls through potentially hazardous landscapes. Who in their right minds ever walked up to a volcano to take a peak over the edge, anyway? In all honesty, Djinn felt that he deserved it. He should have known better than to stick the neck over the edge, should have backed away when the pit of boiling rock started to growl like a bear just awakened from the winter sleep. If anything, at least he should have realized that it was a good time to flip the switch and let the half-melted rocks flung from the Heart like bread crumbs from the mouth of a sneezing giant pass through him, instead of trying to evade them.

After three years of constant use of the magic he had been blessed with from birth, why did he have to fizzle when it mattered?

"Ow, ow ow ouch, fuck that.. oh, that hurt. Yes, that fucking hurts. Goddamn this pain, goddamn all fucking lava and all brainless idiots who can't keep out of trouble..." The curses could be heard over a great distance, bit off the tongue and spat out by the large gray stallion that slowly limped to the northwest, heading away from the smoking Heart as fast as he could manage.

He was a sorrowful sight to behold. The entire front of the chest and upper legs to the knees, the underside of neck and head was a mess of burned flesh, blood, oozing liquid and singed hair where he had been pummeled by the searing hot, half-molten brimstone. Walking was nothing but agony, a slow process where the unicorn did his best not to bend any joints at all - a difficult task, one that didn't quite succeed no matter how he tried.

Any other time, the mercenary boy would have been cheerfully trotting over the ashen plain, collecting gemstones and scaring up birds into the air as he went. But not now. Now he felt like crying like a foal every time he stumbled over a pebble, intent only on making his way toward the river to douse the burns in blessedly cold spring water. If he made it that far.

Nor is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain.

Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A

Awful tones of voice had her ears circling backwards, trying desperately to set correctly as she jumped in horror. Cranium snapping to her side scanning for whatever had just made such awful remarks. Using language foul beyond what her soul could take. Such hatred should never be used even in the most darkest of times. It is unacceptable to her but she will not address you out for it, rather she will silently keep you in judgement of her almost pure mind. Though she herself could not be too judgmental because she too has had those moments but she is smart enough to disregard such behavior and never do such again, intentionally.

Avira quickly found her pace and began to move towards such profanity and cursing pain. Her eyes found his distant body. So stiff and moving slow, as if he purposefully meant to look so weird. With his pace she was in no hurry to meet up with him so she shifted into an uneven canter. Muscles beneath her coat rippling with elegance, she was small but powerful. Each motion forward left her a little closer to the gray coat, so close to white, and almost too soon visibly unicorn. Her stomach quivered as she realized he was stallion and easily dwarfed her in size. Djinn was a unique being but he was for sure intimidating. Though she did not slow her pace or waver away. Braving up and moving on.

Legs pumped on, carelessly making their way to him. Upon arrival the wounds were clear and singed, blood was running down and oozing liquid was so foul her own face grimaced and looked away. Avira was strong though, she would not shy from such awful torment. "I can help you," her feminine voice touching the air "such wounds must be painful." her eyes scanning for his own icy ones, with instead of white around them it was black. He seemed a beautiful form of evil but she continued "Although I will not entwine myself to help you if you do not wish."

Unregistered
Djinn

The sound of hoof beats fast approaching made the ears of the injured brute turn backwards, almost disappearing in the thick of the dark mane as they flattened against the neck. Demonic eyes rolled back in an attempt to spot the creator of the racket before they could sneak up on him, preferably without having to turn the neck or even move the head more than necessary. It proved futile, and thus it was a somewhat paranoid and decidedly battle ready young stallion that replied to the kind and generous offer of the winged mare.

"Naha, you don't bloody say? Imagine, and here I was thinking that I've never felt better in my entire fucking life." The normally so smooth and jesting voice was thickly laced with sarcasm, hoarse from the pain and not entirely pleased with having anyone see him in such a deplorable state. Vanity wasn't one of his greatest flaws, but it was there none the less; he'd have much preferred to be spotless, newly groomed and of perfect health before starting a conversation with a pretty lady.

There was no reason to dwell over the fact that he only had himself to blame, right? No, no reason at all.

But, it would be beyond stupid to decline the offer of help when he clearly was in need of it. Djinn wasn't entirely stupid (just thoughtless at times) and he realized immediately that his tone of voice wasn't appropriate for someone asking a favor. With difficulty he reigned in a seething temper sprung from pain, and somehow managed a strained smile - one that was quickly broken by a groan of pain as the tug of the skin sent a new surge of agony through the injured area.

"Yes. Please. If you would be so kind... Do excuse my language, I wasn't raised in.. ugh, a good environment..."

With extreme difficulty the tall stallion turned around to face the mare, unable to see his own wound but realizing the severity of it after noticing the expression of the mare. Electric blue eyes against a backdrop of deepest black regarded her warily, only reluctantly placing his future in the hands of this stranger. He'd owe her one after this was over...

Nor is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain.

Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A

Ears snapped to his neck and instantly she felt unwelcome, troubled with the teasing question of leaving or staying despite his rather brash tone. A feeling deep inside her begged her to stay and pushed a very protecting instinct to the top of her cranium. Swirling her mind in every which way. Eating at the last bit of reassurance she had that her magic was still there. What if the God had destroyed her magic because she had failed to heal someone quick enough but surely not. The bright mare shrugged. Quickly loosening her grip on disgust and stepped forward as he spoke. He was sarcastic and quick to lose a grip on diplomacy, or even polite conversing. Though she would brush it off and continue to smile. It was not in her nature to care about such anymore, she'd taken it all her life, it wouldn't kill her to take a little more.

Djinn's sarcastic and rude temper rubbed away quickly. Her eyes lightened even more and she smiled happily. Childish antics crawling at her legs and dancing in her hooves. The mare happily picked up her legs and moved forth closer to him as he roughly turned around in pain. Avira continued to smile, humming as the vines come from the ground, sprouting and intertwining around his legs. "Try not to move, you'll probably fall on your face" lighthearted tones caressed the air but she wasn't quick to forget his last upset "of course though, you probably know that." those vines continued to crawl upwards. Thick greenery so beautiful and light. Yet the grip was deathly if they would never fall beneath the earths surface again.

"You should feel relief soon but these will not release till the healing has been full, it will be a rather long process, perhaps until the sun rises again." thats how it worked with little Farai, such a cute foal with so much life ahead of her. Such a shame she was drug to the Basin only to be raised to hate those without horns... after what Avira had done to save her life. "If you enjoy company, I have no problem staying?" she was weary. Those blue eyes, no matter the amount of energy and brightness coming from them, were obviously weak and bitter. Her limbs were shaky, noticeable if she moved and her knees did bend slightly. Avira's weight was tossed around ungracefully and her wings drooped an amount rather unusual.

Unregistered
Djinn

It seemed she felt uneasy in his presence. For the young rogue the face of the winged mare was an easy read, her emotions revealed by thousands of small actions. The slight hesitation before she looked at him, a tensing when the tone of his voice grew sharper, the quick way she corrected herself after offering a joking remark. It was quite intriguing, to say the least, but not a situation Djinn was completely unfamiliar with. He was big, after all, and a complete stranger with poor manners. Towering over the little birdkin in both height and body mass, it would be an easy task to injure her severely if he wanted to, and her only hope would be to take to the air before it was too late.

But why would he want to harm someone who helped him? The unicorn watched with interest as lush green vines broke through the dry surface of the ground on some unseen command from the dame, growing at a rapid pace up from the ashen dust and glittering gems to wrap around his legs, the chest, even the face in order to cover the painful wounds. Massive hind legs trampled nervously as he was rendered immobile by the plants, but as the throbbing pain slowly seeped away he began to settle down and relaxed with a heavy sigh.

"Aah, much better" he murmured, sooted lips pulling back marginally in a faint but pleased smile. Noticing how the healer began to wobble where she stood, he shifted the slightest bit and pushed out a shoulder to steady her, should she allow it. It was a kind gesture, perhaps even surprising for someone who looked so brutish and spoke so harshly. Foul language wasn't all there was to find with the stallion though, and when it came down to it, he wasn't as bad as he made people believe.

"Easy there... Miss, it's up to you whether you can put up with my presence or not. I would suggest though, that you rest a bit before moving on. Wouldn't want ya to fall down 'cus the wings gave in on ya, now would we."

Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A

The sturdy muscles beneath her fine coat rocked with a fragile appearance. She could be pointed at as a very tiresome mare but truly she was far beyond tired. Beneath the tiny rocking is a hidden amount of pressure and stress upon unfeeling wings as the nerves were shot from flight. Avira was exhausted beyond belief but it only seemed to sweep over her after the excitement of the meeting died down and she proved herself a fair lady with kind manners. As he murmurs words she looks to the dirt. Following the trail of vines throughout his body but as her eyes meet to his she shyly looks away, grimacing as a dark and cold feeling surrounds her heart. Those icy eyes and demonic scleroses did not suit well against her feelings but she did not judge him. Rather just waited to see who this fellow was.

First meetings were always the number one impression that stuck upon someones mind, but Avira was open to change. With every move you make her judgement will change and she will never deem you unworthy. Trust may lack but she will help. Sometimes though she is troubled by haunting memories of her mother, or even the haunted by altering moods. It was a set back on some days but today, as she felt herself to topple over, a shoulder caught her. For once in her life, whether it was for physical or mental probabilities, there was someone there. Instantly she grew a deep connection with Djinn, forever deeming him as a friend no matter what he has done, or what he will do. It was hard to gain the trust of this mare but with such a simple gesture, whether he was aiming for such deep meaning or not, she would always be a backbone in support for him.

"I do suppose I could handle you." she said playfully. Her curious and kindly tones almost flirtatious on the air but she wouldn't dare to make herself seem such an easy vulnerable subject. A breeding machine she was not, this mare would be a lady and perhaps nothing less. Beside the stud, she bent her knees and slowly come to the ground. Peacefully wrapping herself in a warm blanket of feathers. Her tail tucked neatly beneath her, covered completely by teal and brown downy. Looking up with trustful eyes she felt a moment of too much vulnerability but after all he did offer her to rest, something she would not pass on. "Ah, excuse my manners," her maw was extended forward and she flopped her cranium up and down in an offering gesture "I'm Avira."