the Rift

You will be the death of me [Leander]

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F A E L E N E
i can't bury it

The sky above was a stretch of liquid ink, blotted with stars, and maybe even a hint of distant planets. Some pieces were hidden with cotton grey colored clouds in a weak attempt to blacken the earth with the dull face of a new moon. It was almost as if they were indecisive, smooshing together for a start of rain, but others lagging behind. With her muzzle drawn upward, she couldn't tell if they would join, or disperse. They were interesting to look upon in this time of diluted colors, but her eyes kept having to adjust to the lack of light, getting the right angle.

When she could no longer stare at the far off heavens, she checked around for other creatures. The red maned was worried more about hoofed, but was aware the sharp tooth ones that preyed in the darkness. There was nothing but distance chatter of some racoons, who made home deeper into the forest. She couldn't tell if they were arguing or delighted, and found herself with a faint smile. Hanging at the edge of the trees, overlooking the ocean, a fair run away,a tangle of emotions beat through her with each breath and the drumming movement of her heart. The loll of the waves was easy to coax her in a calm, yet alert state. The cool water lapping at the sun, over and over without pause. If its song was, there is always a beginning and an end.How could something be so steady? A draw of the scent she wasn't sure why it delighted her nostrils, but she loved it none the less.

Raising a forelimb she began to prance across to open ground. Would he come? Or would Leander still be trying to escape, fearful of what might happen. She hated for him to be in the battle alone, but had little choice. The horizon greeted her, and she continued long the long strands of grass, trying to find something of interest. There was a rocky outcrop she hadn't noticed before. It looked like a stone roof for the desperate. Faelene would pause before reaching it, looking once to the sky before digging her hooves in the sand, and watching the waves roll in. The clouds were slowly beginning to gather.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

Like some great weight lifted from his soul, the spirit had gone. Wordlessly, and without pain, it left him. The dark magic and the anger had abandoned him. There was a part that missed the power, the sensation that it had given. It was as if he had been brought back to his younger days, when his own fury and lust for vengeance ruled. Diplomacy did not matter then. He was free from the binds of responsibility in those days, not a care in the world to hold him back. Those times were on his mind as he flew from the Throat, Ember perched proudly upon his back. There was no question of where he was headed. Near the Endless she had said. And where else would his heart take him? Even clouded by all the tumultuous changes and undermined with doubt, the golden would still go to her.

The blanket of shimmering blue laid out wide across the land. Matching sets of gold eyes both fell on the water, though Ember's were much more enthralled than Leander's. The young eagle had never seen the sea before, and her heart thrummed away excitedly, claws scraping his neck as she shifted around for a better view. It did not take long for either of them to spot the ink form rooted against the sand. Adjusting his wings, the charger began his descent to the shore, aiming to land a short distance from the lady. He would land with a thud on the beach, feet sinking in with the weight of his form as he went to her.

"Faelene." He said her name over the sea breeze as he approached. Flaxen locks flew wildly about his hide, far too thick to be lazy in such a place. The palomino stopped a short length before her, gazing carefully towards her deep chrome eyes. What would she think of him now? He could only wonder how his behavior had affected her thoughts of him, and the new title of Sultan was likely no help. Ember decidedly spread her ochre wings and leapt from his back, gliding down to land closer to the water's edge. She had been learning much about the basics of flight, but was not yet ready to climb to his own heights. The fowl danced around the remnants of the waves, sometimes dipping her sharp beak down to inspect the water.

"I am sorry for our last meeting. I was not well then." He began gently, regret washing over his features. There was nothing he could do to change the way he had been. Memories of the pegasus spy still haunted his memories. The Demon had gone, but the guilt would never leave.

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E
i can't bury it

Faelene was always met with relief and reluctance when his steady, golden form fell in her sights. Tonight it was more of the former than latter. He might be part of what made her life complicated, but he also gave her a point of focus, a chance for something she had never had. Something she never thought she would find wanting. By the veil of darkness she could not tell by the distance if he was himself or not. It was the first question on her mind, and held her steady to the sand that wrapped round her ankles.Anything might set it off, she hated for what little time they had to be lost.

Ears swept upward, but her facade was guarded, while her eyes were pulled to the play of the wind to his cream colored mane. Ember's short flight caught her eye, reminding her of another matter she needed to speak to him about. She let herself watch the young eagle, drawn to the sea. The curious side of her wondered if it was in her nature, surely Ember had to eat. Maybe, this was something knew outside the Throat. Some how she did not picture the pair had gone very far.

An apology tugs at her ear, but she is slow to turn her head. A tiny bit of her afraid to look into a pair of icy blue orbs. When her muzzle turns, she is greeted with warm honey colored gaze, and a smile appears. "It was not your fault." The truth, and he had gone before anything did happen. He could have possibly done worse, if Faelene could really believe Phaedra. She wished for that mare not to cross her thoughts, but knew with how things were it wouldn't be possible. "I'm just glad you are okay." That was what really mattered to her. How long had he had to carry that beast inside him, without want? But as much as she wanted to offer a touch, seeing he was himself, she couldn't quite bring herself to move closer. Should they be together? She couldn't bury the repeating question, and since her encounter with a spotted Pegasus the danger and consequences they had escaped seemed more real than before.

Quiet for a moment, letting her eyes wander his golden face for assurance, she had a hard time knowing where to begin. Once she found herself watching his companion, as if everything was right in her world for the time being. To be young, she thought, silently sighing. With the memory of the burning eagle, she abruptly turned to face him. "I'm suppose to pass on a word of thank you from Ember's mother. She is quite grateful for you saving her daughter, you are brave and noble." It was a place to begin, and maybe the strangest.

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

Hesitance was a constant in their relationship it seemed. A reminder of their positions, and one that often made it's way back into their meetings. Amber eyes watched as she stood, so slow to look at him, as if she was afraid of what she'd see. He could only wonder how difficult it had been for her to see him change. She was the only one who seemed to notice the ice in his eyes and on his wings, and surely she was the one most disturbed by it. A short distance away, he could hear Ember's faint shuffling and the occasional curious squawk. At least there was one that would not be leaving his side. Then again, the wise newcomer Aitheria certainly had been quick to pledge her loyalty to him and no other. He fought to hold back his distraught gaze, pulling his sights from the ebon to the ground. How could his heart be pulled in so many directions and not break?

"Have you been alright? I assume things are okay in the Basin." Especially now that Psyche and that traitor are back. He added mentally, the sharpness to his expression probably vague in the pale moonlight. He could care for Faelene as much as his heart would allow, but even that would not erase the hatred he felt for those she allowed to lead her. Often times he wondered how she could stay with them, with that dark bitch, when she herself did not agree with their motives. Over and over again the question would play through his mind; Why couldn't she leave the North, and come to the Throat with him? Even outside of the Throat would be fine, for Kri seemed eager to lose his aid in leading, and would hurl the herd in to defeat if left solely to her own temper. There was no use in asking, Leander had realized. Not when he knew the answer would only put them farther apart. Suddenly, her midnight form was turning towards him, and the golden raised his crown to meet her gaze.

"Ember's mother? How did you meet her? Was she alright?" Concern fell into his chords as he rattled off one question after another. How did Faelene meet the little eagle's mother? His thoughts shifted back to the burning tree, and of Ember's small form crying out into the night. There was no doubt in his mind to save her, even with the demon's presence within him. The hair had only just started to grow back over his pelt, hiding parts of the raw pink patches that dotted his front.

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E
i can't bury it

A double look was given, making sure there surely was soft, golden liquid gleaming in the dull light. There was, but it kept her entranced. She really had not seen his kind eyes for awhile. Warm, and inviting the good things she needed. Feeling like a child, her ears pressed sheepishly back, and she had to fight the urge to inspect his wings thoroughly. If he was not himself, he probably wouldn't have come. Her own eyes lightened, taking in his face more closely, thinking he seemed to have aged. A question, one that was always the same helped assure her he would not be changing into a cold beast. However, this time the query seemed loaded, not saying what he wanted but hinting at it. "You must be asking how I like that snake. I do not trust him, and fear what words Psyche whispers in his ear, but I don't plan to leave, not yet." That was what had to always bother him, her choices. Much as he would not admit she was more tied to her herd than he was his. She knew them, and what to expect, they had good reasons to stick together. Did he still not understand there were not sole racists there? She would not try to sway him again. He could understand or he couldn't.

Taking a step closer, she tried to give comfort with the sweep of her lips to the side of his jaw. Briefly she glimpsed his wounds, knowing how much they had to hurt. They must be healed best they could, or he had not worried as Ember must have had the worst. Pulling back, she looked to the beautiful eagle, feeling she was surely meant for Leander. Her heart became more heavy with his questions. Nodding her head, she slowly began. "She's passed on, but I know your act...saving Ember has given her peace. She came to me by the will of the Gods, telling me I must find the golden lion to thank him. I'm very sure that is you, but I'm not sure how the rest of my quest will turn out." Faelene did not understand what the Time God truly wanted her to learn, something told her she really did not know the answer to the question she must ask. Dark ears would turn forward. Maybe, her words would ease him, it seemed there was so much that he placed on himself. Some days she wished to help him with that burden, and other times felt she should be fully removed. Someone should only wait so long, and she couldn't possibly be worth it.

Raising her nose with a quick toss of her head, her bangs leaned to the other side so she may better see the ocean. Once she had cast her eyes to his brown appendages, and decided to come closer to his side, letting herself pull in a deep breath. The lightest of touches, she swept the tip of her muzzle along his neck where his locks ended. "What do you love the most?" She found herself wondering, knowing she wanted to know. The golden eagle had said in him she would find her answers, Faelene needed them.

edit:I thought I missed somewhere, she did say it aloud so no worries. :3

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

Blond hairs shifted in the dull moon rays as he nodded in understanding. It was good to hear that she was wary of the snake. Who in their right mind wouldn't be? The Bazilisk was a traitor, not he himself, as Kri's General would have the herd think. Looking fondly across Faelene's dark hide, he was reminded that the black troop leader had been the one who had hurt her in battle. He ground his teeth at the thought. Bastard. A part of him wanted to run back across the sands and tear the ignorant fool's throat out. At least it would give him some satisfaction. For now, he would have to do with the support of his friends, and Faelene's most of all. Drawing a step closer to the fae, he raised his crown and stared out across the rolling waves. He could not hold his pain back from her any longer. "I am no longer Sultan of the Throat. Kri's temper was too much for me to try and reason with. She would not consider anything I had to say; she rules by her own whims. For all the loyalty I gave them, I received nothing. And they call me a traitor." In the cover of darkness, a few hot tears slid out from ivory ringed eyes and down golden cheeks. He turned his head away from her, not wanting to let her see. There was no shame in his heart, just disappointment and shock. And hope, underneath all of the pain.

Her velvet lips touched his cheek, a comfort despite how difficult their relationship was. Pointed limbs shifted to press his face into the soft of her own neck. The faint wetness of his tears would likely dampen her skin, even if she couldn't see him cry. He grimaced at the knowledge, hoping she would not think him weak. It did not seem like something Faelene would judge him as flawed for. It was almost as though she saw no faults within him, despite the fact that he had been a part of the group who had forced her from her home. How could she be so open hearted? Maybe she deserved the title of LionHeart more than he.

His shadowed love continued, her voice explaining that the eagle she had met was but a spirit. Ember had managed to catch herself a crab by the shore, and was happily cracking away at its tough shell. For the moment, he was glad that they shared no thoughts or language. It would be too painful for the young bird to learn of her mother's death. The will of the Gods, she said. At that, the golden lion had to fight from pinning his ears flat to his skull. The only God he had encountered with the Sun God, and if any of the other deities were are moronic, he felt no need to give them his prayers. "Thank you for telling me. I am glad Ember's mother is at peace now." He replied softly, ignoring the irritation he felt at her mention of the God's will.

The warmth of her body pressed closer to him, the stroke of her touch running down his neck. A sigh escaped his lips at the comfort, letting his eyes close in hopes for the moment not to end. It was something he often did, when they had the chance to be so close. But the silence was broken by her sweet voice, and gold eyes flashed back to the shifting tide. How could he answer such a question? Surely, she must want to hear him say that it was her that he loved more than anything. But would it be true for him to tell her so? Thoughts of Aitheria, Svetlana, Lynx, Ember, all flashed through his mind. They had all been there for him in his time of need, to give him strength when everything else seemed to want him to crumble. Turning his gentle gaze back down to her silver, he answered. "I would be wrong to place any of my loves above the other, though each love is unique in its own way. I love my friends, who stood with me in the face of great adversity. I love Ember, she has filled a part of my soul. And I love you, Faelene."

[ooc: I wasn't quite sure if Faelene asked him what he loved the most out loud, or if that was just a thought (it was in quotations but not colored xD). If she was just thinking that, let me know and I will edit this! <3]

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E
i can't bury it

If Faelene could steal something it would be his pain. Everything else dropped, or no more present it was not hard to sense the familiar presence of it. What made this so? The sound of pressing teeth her ears tugged at the awful sound. He would bring himself to her, confessing what was plaguing his mind. It was not sad news for her, but because he had seemed fit for the role, and wanting of it she was sad for him. He had done much for the Throat to have his thoughts and words cast aside. Especially to be called a traitor, Faelene knew that was one of her worst fears at time. Today she wished she had no horn to press her forehead to his, and whisper something soothing. She reaches for what she can, her nose to his to convince him there was no need to shield his face from the likes of her. "Fate must have something else in mind for you, but I can't believe they are so irrational to cast you away, and place such a name upon you" she murmured, the last of her words sharp like ice. The Throat made the Basin look full of wise men these days, but she had never thought highly of them to begin with. Leander was the only one she had met without full battle encounter maybe she was prejudice after all. He sought her and the lady held steady like the day she had done for Tolio being the one of steady touch, and strong support in hopes of comforting. The heat of him drawn against her was hard to ignore, a detect of the wetness smudged against the curve of her muscle. The red maned didn't pull back, or stiffen much as she might have before. Her body wasn't carrying it's usual tension.

"Because of you," she replied with the light tone, and briefly she rested her cheek to his forehead. Leander was the reason for that, and it was meant to ease part of his troubled heart. Ember would grow into a fine example of her species, and it seemed fitting how it had worked in the end. Faelene wondered if it should trouble her mind the occurrence of events, she didn't think Gods meddled so much, but maybe they did. What else were they to do? By the God of the Spark's lovely personality, it would be boring to converse with mortals all day wanting to know their wants and wishes. "Sometimes I wonder what is suppose to happen, or if nothing is set in stone. Other times I think what does anyone really have control over, are we just pawns that fall to be replaced?" Moving from him should he need to do the same, an airy laugh, and she offered an expression of apology by her large eyes. She did not mean to be so serious, and often felt like a child ever questioning the world and it's ways with no one to give her answers.

From all the other times before when she went to him it was easier than in the past. Whether because he needed it, or she she wouldn't answer herself. The question she did not expect any certain answer, nor one right off the bat. Could he really say her? Ember, was the one who should hold the most of his heart, who else might it belong to? Continuing to gentle caress his neck (she found the action steadying to her own mind) she moved herself closer to him, reaching his withers where she lipped at the shorter threads of his mane. She was mindful of his wings, afraid to accidently harm by a wrong move. A faint smile they could not be so fragile. Pausing once to glimpse his turned look it was not a wrong nor right answer. Only what was true to his heart. "Sounds like you really do have a wise heart," she managed to slowly answer with some hesitance, touched she was on the list but fearful all the same. If things would never end well she had comfort he had Ember, and others despite what had happened at the Throat. Resting her neck, just where it met her jaw across his back she took in the sweet scent of him, and the rolling water. Faelene felt quite peaceful in that moment as if there wasn't pressing issues. No angry Pegasus,Equines, or Unicorns just easing Leander's mind and stealing time. In a blink of an eye it would be over. She would remove her head, and slide along side him feeling drawn to hold close. Today she didn't want to part from him, and had no reason to. "Do I get to know who these friends are? I rather do what I can to make sure you don't go through any more hell." Eyes locked to his, wondering if her face looked cold or concerned or a mixture of both. "What will you do now? Is there something I can do?"