the Rift

I'm Home [any]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

Romani’s eyes roamed over the form of her Chieftess, taking in her familiar features. While it hadn’t been too terribly long ago that she had last seen Svetlana, she could remember the Pegasus mare looking far healthier and filled out. Perhaps it was fault of wherever she had been…? Regardless, Romani was positively delighted that Svetlana was back with them. Now, things could continue… The Foothills could grow stronger and thrive with all of its leaders in place.

At Svetlana’s warm endearment, calling her a ‘friend’, Romani’s smile softened to one more familiar, one less formal. Letting her head dip somewhat, the warrior spoke softly. “And we have missed you, my Lady,” She said, unable to quell the joy which bundled in her breast, “Things haven’t been the same since you’ve gone… But, we’ve managed. Your little one, Nayati… She’s missed you terribly, but now that you’re home I know she’ll be delighted. I’ve been watching out for her, making sure that she’s alright in your absence. I’m sure she’s grown quite a bit since then, as well.” The Haflinger chuckled softly at that, all in good sense.

It was Svetlana’s next words that threw her for a loop. The Basin had been responsible for the StormChaser’s capture? A feeling of dread suddenly overtook the red mare, but she tried to push it aside. Xanthos resided in the Basin, and he had known that she hailed from the Foothills… Had it simply slipped his mind to mention that his herd had stolen her beloved leader? Had stolen an innocent filly’s adoptive mother? Then again, the grullo stallion was not the type to steal another soul… She couldn’t imagine him harming anyone, either. Perhaps the Basin had acted upon their own accord, stealing Svetlana away without Xanthos’ knowledge. A conflict of emotions struggled for supremacy, but with one deep, shuddering inhale, she let them pass. This was a time for joy and happiness… She could dwell upon Xanthos’ possible involvement later.

“I’ve heard about those that live in the Basin,” Romani commented with a snort, ears swiveling slightly and tipping back in displeasure, “And I’ve had the unfortunate privilege to meet one of their most unsavory members. A bitch mare, calling herself Elizabeth. Knowing what they’re like… My Lady, I’m beyond relieved to see you back and in one piece.”

Svetlana’s next words were orders, and Romani knew better than to deny them. Not that she would… Helping in the growth and development of the Foothills was something she greatly approved of. At Jericho’s eager acceptance to the idea of helping out, the Haflinger couldn’t help but smile and chuckle softly once more. He was a kindred, soft soul, this ebony Pegasus… He would be good here, she surmised.

“We will both do our best to help the Foothills grow, Svetlana. You have our word.”

Messages In This Thread
I'm Home [any] - by Svetlana - 12-17-2012, 07:22 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Jericho - 12-17-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Romani - 12-17-2012, 08:57 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Svetlana - 12-17-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Jericho - 12-17-2012, 09:48 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Romani - 12-17-2012, 10:39 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Avira - 12-18-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Nayati - 12-18-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Svetlana - 12-20-2012, 06:33 PM