the Rift

I'm Home [any]

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

Nayati
you show me how to see that nothing is whole and nothing is broken

Over the past few weeks, Nayati had grown. Though not nearly as much as a filly her age should, she would always remain frail and tiny. The pink puckered scar was an atrocious reminder of her terrible life before Momma Lana had found her. Even if she did grow it would remain large on her little body, but Nayati was oblivious to her personal appearance. Abby and Roma had taken good care of her, trying to bring her out of her shell of fear and distrust. Their play day in the mud had strengthened the cinnamon spotted babe's tie with the wonderful Abby. They were like her surrogate mothers or aunts. Even so, every morning Nayati would return to the spot she had awoken to find Svetlana missing, hoping she would return. 

Thin little legs carried her unsurely through the hardening mud to find one of her two protectors. Romani was normally easiest to find, but Abdullah was so kind that Nayati found she was growing just as comfortable around her. Beating of wings made her dash to the nearest tree, huddling lower as ruby brown eyes searched the skies nervously. Nothing could be seen, but she was hesitant nonetheless. Then a voice called out, strong and sure and heartbreakingly familiar. 

Svetlana.

Knees felt weak as she stumbled away from the hard bark against her side. Scarred legs trembled as they brought her staggering towards the voice she had dreamed about since the day she left. A small gaggle of pegasi and equine alike had gathered around their missing leader, blocking her from Nayati's view. Romani was speaking with a smile with the pegasus, words that were muted and fuzzy as the leopard spotted child zoned in completely and solely on Svetlana. 

Size came in handy as she slipped between a strange ebony stallion and Romani. Eyes never leaving the black eyes she remembered even as she brushed past the one who had taken her in. It wasn't on purpose, she loved Romani. But she was consumed by the need to be reunited with Svetlana. Worry gnawed at her heart, and she worried she would succumb to one of her panic attacks. What if Svetlana didn't remember her? Didn't want or love her anymore?

So the filly screwed up and stored every bit of courage in her breast as she cleared the brush of bodies and stated up at her angel. This was her mother. Her real mother, not the horrible abuser of her past. Abby and Roma had explained so much to her, and she spilled out every bit of strength into revealing the one name she wanted to call Svetlana for the rest of her life. "M-Mommy?" Tiny frail whisper leaving her lips as she stood, tiny and uncertain, before the ebony accented mare. Lips stretching into a loving smile, eyes tearing up. Taking one more little step forward, wishing to be drawn close like they used to hold each other. Still not wanting to pressure Svetlana, her fears still whispering maliciously in her ears. 

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
I'm Home [any] - by Svetlana - 12-17-2012, 07:22 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Jericho - 12-17-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Romani - 12-17-2012, 08:57 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Svetlana - 12-17-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Jericho - 12-17-2012, 09:48 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Romani - 12-17-2012, 10:39 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Avira - 12-18-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Nayati - 12-18-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: I'm Home [any] - by Svetlana - 12-20-2012, 06:33 PM