the Rift

Love and some verses [Questing/Open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

We are silent, for a time, but when I hear him laugh, my own tones float free, an appealing, tinkling bell sound that has not graced my lobes in far too long. I don't remember the last time I felt so free, or so alive; I carried death with me, and this soaring, heart-full-to-bursting feeling was so alien, and yet I reveled in it, soaking it in, holding fast to it in case I ever found myself alone. I would look back on this moment with a smile, close my eyes and remember the warmth of the sun on my brilliant white and his shining brown, such an opposing pair and yet so drawn together. I would remember the gentle brush of his wingtips, the awestruck look in his eyes, the appreciative chuckle - how long has it been since he has laughed, I wonder?

I close my eyes, and for a moment, I fly blind, envisioning our life as I might have as a young fae, giggling with my friends. But this time, in the place of the empty silhouette stands my knight, battle-scarred and wondrous. Bi-colored orbs open, and find him, and a smile springs unbidden to my lips. I watch him rise, floating effortlessly above me, executing his own perfect roll before settling in, lowering his maw to my ear. His breath is warm, and tickles slightly, but I do not pull away. No, I will never pull away.

His touch is gentle, a light push that turns my head in each direction. He describes the landmarks to me, first the Dragon's Blood, an emerald patch in a sea of golden sand. And then again, my cheek remains pressed to his as he directs the pair of us. The Fire of the Diviner, ever-burning in its glory. I shiver, my own recollection of the Sun God awe-inspiring. I am glad that he is the patron god of this land, the one that I have elected to serve. He points out the beach, and I shift; my cheek leaves his, and I turn my head, playfully bumping his chin with my nose. "I'll race you to the beach," I offer, a teasing glint in my eyes. "First one there... well, I suppose the winner can pick their own prize!"

I don't wait for a response; instead, I give a powerful thrust of my wings and hurtle forward. I love speed, and it is what my petite bodice was meant for. Each new stroke of my wings propels me onward. I dare not chance a glance over my shoulder, for I know that will slow me, and I want desperately to win, though I can't say I know what I should claim as my prize. I am quickly approaching the beach now, a silver streak in the sky, and as I arrive over the sands, I turn south, away from the stones. This is my favorite part: I fold my wings tight to my body, and I drop. For a moment, I've forgotten that Note will probably worry himself sick over my rapid descent; I've forgotten everything but the ground, rushing up to meet me.

I don't know how fast I am going, but everything has become a blur. The wind whips through my mane and tail, sending them out behind me like a banner. Timing is everything in a dive; wait too late, and you risk death, but pull up too soon, and you kill the buzz. It makes things too easy. And now: I flare my wings, and the wind buffets them, strains them, threatens to break them. But they are stronger than they look, and they hold, allowing me to coast into a canter as my hooves hit the ground. I slow myself, tossing my head, the adrenaline still rushing through my veins. My path takes me in a half circle, and I raise my head to look for my beloved.

"talk talk talk"

I want to live inspired

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50ceb46754fc8]

The warmth of Sohalia's cheek left his own, making Note's heart drop for a second. He liked the feeling of her skin against his own...No, loved. The stallion loved the feeling of the fluttering in his stomach, and increased beating of his heart that told him they were meant to be something more than mere friends when they touched. He was careful not to let his emotions reflect his actions or let the passion he had found for his new friend glimmer in his cold green eyes. But he had never been good at doing either. His eyes were not cold; they were warm and filled to the brim with affection aimed purely towards Sohalia.

"I'll race you to the beach, first one there... well, I suppose the winner can pick their own prize!" Sohalia said lightheartedly, giving Note's chin a slight prod, before taking off in the direction of the beach. He opened his mouth to object for his own sake, but had no time. He was hesitant at first, tucking his neck, flattening his ears, and watching Sohalia's petite white body shimmer in the sunlight as she neared the rocky beach ground.

He'd never catch up with her now, there was simply no time. He sighed, closing his eyes. He knew his landing would be clumsy, on the slick rocks, it could have the potential to kill him. Note knew he had flown many times when he was younger, and was bound to have made landings on slick surfaces. After all, he had been on many assassin missions back then. They had mainly either hunted at night, or during storms. No one was ever roaming at these times, which made it easier for him to stay out of sight, and less likely to get caught. Landing during a storm required amazing skill, but he had done it, once. The resurfacing memory only made Note more scared for Sohalia, it was tricky to master. He just prayed to the Gods that she had mastered it already; for there was no stopping her.

Note's eyes flicked open, hard with determination, but a smile across his dark gray maw. He flew towards the beach, gathering speed as he flapped his long, thin, dusty brown wings, and thinking of the time he had landed in the slick, slushy ground when he was on an assassin mission when he was barely older than a yearling. Sohalia was already at the beach, starting to turn in a circle to gather herself into a stop. There was no chance of him winning, but he would at least refresh his landing skills. Besides, maybe it would make the small white mare happy to claim victory in the race.

He tucked his wings in a similar fashion that Sohalia had, but opened them earlier than she had, pulling them forward in a sweeping motion that covered his face and shifting his body underneath himself so his hind legs would reach the ground first, and they did. The stallion then firmly planted his hooves on the ground, letting himself slide for a while until he had stopped in front of the mare. He folded his wings neatly, his scar throbbing from the recent use of the muscles it covered that attached to his wings. All his wing muscles seared with pain, but it was a good pain - like the feeling you would get after you had got done exercising, accomplishment.

"You win," Note smirked, tossing his mane to his left side, the one facing facing Sohalia, "what do you want your prize to be?" The relief in his heart at the sight of her, safe and without injury trickled through his words. He did his best to look calm, but his voice had been shaky.

(OOC: I'm so sorry for the late reply! I've been on vacation, and there wasn't any internet...)

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

I didn't really care who won, honestly - all I cared about was that we were enjoying ourselves, that we were having fun. Fun. I turn the word over in my mind, testing its weight, feeling its meaning tumble inside my cranium. I have a wide, silly grin on my face, and in my bi-colored orbs shines the light of affection. He lands beside me, and I walk to him, my breathing still heavy with the exhilaration of my landing, my movements a dance across the rocky sand. I bump his nape gently with my muzzle, tracing a light path up to his cheek. "You win," he says with a smirk. "What do you want your prize to be?"

I have not thought that far ahead, and the notion brings me up short. For a moment, too, I am distracted by the shake in his voice. It is silly for him to worry about me, of course; I pride myself on being an excellent flyer. But I remember that he doesn't know that, yet, and I feel a bit guilty for eliciting the emotion. I almost apologize, but think the better of it; he probably wouldn't like me calling him out. Instead, I settle for leaning ever-so-slightly against him, almost cuddling. I'm not sure if that's what I'm supposed to be doing, but then, I've never been in love, so I'm just winging it.

Now, what to ask for as a prize? What do I want? It seems to me that I have everything I could ever want: I have a home, a family, very likely a lover. Everything I've ever wanted... I suppose I could ask to save my prize for later, but there is something considerably less fun about an IOU. I wrack my brains, grappling for anything that I could want. Everything I can think of would take place in the future (our future?) - expressions of undying love and affection, settling together, having children... The thought brings a smile to my face. I can just imagine having children, having a real family to call my own. And, unlike my parents, I would be ever-watchful. Nothing would take my family away from me.

I am uncharacteristically playful and, perhaps, a bit flirtatious. "Well," I finally say thoughtfully. "I'll take you as a prize." My smile is kind and true, even as my eyes dance mischievously. What is it about him that makes me feel like a lovestruck filly?

Oh, wait. I am.

"talk talk talk"

I want to live inspired

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50ceb46754fc8]

He was taken aback by her leaning on him, her soft touch on Note's dusty bay cheek, as he slowly processed the information that had been flung at him in such a short amount of time. He loved her, and if Phaedra and Levi were correct about Sohalia's normal attitude, she loved him too. Her grin drove him half insane. He wanted it to be all his, and if anyone dared to touch her then they wouldn't live to see another day, for she was his and his alone.

The feelings that were kindling in the depths of his heart gave him new confidence as his strict composure started to dwindle. He turned his head to face hers as she thought about her prize. Note simply stared back with encouraging eyes. He'd crawl to the ends of Loorien to make her smile one more time. Any request she had, he'd happily fulfill.

"Well, I'll take you as a prize." She said at last, playful and flirtatious. His heart skipped a beat as he thought over the confirmation of her feelings of him. Note closed his bright green eyes, touching his muzzle to her forehead.

"Then I will be forever yours," he said with a coquetry grin across his maw as his eyes flickered open. His words were the truth, he sincerely hoped she didn't doubt that. He could picture a new life with her, a new life. He had never really known love - not love like this. Of course he loved his mother, no matter the fact she had left him, they were family and family never gives up on one another. But the love he had for Sohalia was different. He wanted nothing more than for them to have a future, a happy one.