the Rift

[OPEN] Sweet Dreams Little One

Abraxas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

||Action||Speech||

Travel weary was an understatement in regards to the yearling who laid sprawled out on his side doing his best to bathe in the warmth of the dappled sunshine. Abraxas stretched out his neck, mouthing the grass beneath his head in an attempt to grab another tired bite to munch on as he lay listless; his body aching in places he never knew could ache. He had taken quite the beating in the storm that had swept him away from his home. This type of pain was new to him, it was nothing like the sharp nips and occasional hoof he took from his 'mother'. He snorted heavily, that was all in the past all behind him. Why was he thinking of that heartless buckskin mare now? Perhaps he was just a bit lonely, after all he grew up with many other foals surrounding him.

Sighing as he managed to snag some sprigs of fresh spring grass the bay dun colt closed his vibrant green eyes and chewed slowly, savoring the taste of his meal. His sparce tail, knotted and grimy with salt and mud flicked upwards grazing the back of his haunch ever so slightly. The light touch made him kick out lightly, his hoof scraping against the forest floor upsetting some nearby song birds. Dark his swiveled catching every twitter as the yearling followed their progress past his prone frame until he could no longer here them. Alone. Again. The feeling dragged him down, then chased him as he began to drift to sleep; something his body sorely needed at this point in time.

OOC; Thread is open but I prefer rping with one or two people. My replies may be slow as I have things I have to do around the apartment as well. Feel free to be as noisy or quiet as you want, he'll wake up my next post regardless.

Aisha Posts: N/A
Unregistered

BlackVeilBrides
~ RAWRRR

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A light breeze easily got Aisha hyped up. Although she was a soldier her playfulness often took the better of her. She trotted on though the trees,high stepping all the way before changing speed to slow,collect canter,letting out a buck every now and then. She couldn't help having lots of energy all the time and most the time it built up inside her as she had to control herself most the time. But now,out here alone,she was free to buck and rear all she wanted.

A whiff of fresh blood brought her to a halt. This horse was not from round here. Maybe he was looking for place to call home? Letting out shrill whinny she trotted of in the direction of the scent to find a colt lying flat out. She couldn't help laughing slightly. A series of unusual markings lay scattered on his reddish brown coat. Pawing at the soft layer of soil she nicked to wake him,hoping not to startle him. She smiled. "Not from round here?" Her tail flicked up,wafting a stray fly way whilst stamping her back hoof harshly on the ground. "I am Aisha,from the Dragons Throat herd. And you are?" She let the question hang in the air,not moving except for a step back to give him more room to get up if he choose to.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

||Action||Speech||
Abraxas flicked his ear, shooing away a small irritant in his sleep, and sighed.

He was in his happy place again; a warm dark comforting forest rather then the dank swamp he grew up in. He remembers it fondly almost as if he had been there before, which of course would be silly he's supposedly always been within the confines of the marsh. The forest wasn't the only thing he was dreaming of either. In his dreamland he had the parents he always wanted; a kind loving mother who dotted over his every move and a strong powerful father who could do away with anyone or anything that threatened him. Together with them he was trotting, going someplace he wasn't sure where, but his father knew the way. A shrill whinny resounded in the distance, causing Abraxas to pause. What was that? The colt glanced around yet there was nothing anymore.

A nicker, well the air movement caused by it, jolted the colt awake. Jerking his head upwards he rolled onto his belly, green eyes wide with alarm. Just when had he fallen asleep? Blinking he found himself looking at two long black legs, raising his head up past the chest Abraxas soon found himself looking into a pair of blue eyes. They reminded him of the ocean, and it scared him.

Flinching as the mare stomped the gangly yearling hesitated a moment before replying to the first question, "N-no." He stumbled to his hooves, as awkwardly as the day he had been born, as the unicorn backed up. Ears drooping to the side in embarrassment he gulped and spoke again, his previous surprised stutter gone. "Abraxas," he paused glancing around momentarily. "Where am I exactly?"

Unregistered

BlackVeilBrides
~ RAWRRR

The colts startled green eyes left Aisha slightly concerned. The gangly colt staggered to his feet as he confirmed he wasn't from round here. In fact Abraxas,who she now knew him as,didn't seem to know where he was at all,another thing he confirmed. He didn't have a clue where he was. It left Aisha at lose ends. Where was his mother? Or father? Or anyone for him? His ears fell to the side whilst hers pricked forward. She could tell how lost he felt just by looking at him,she didn't even need to ask how he felt.

She lowered her head slightly to his height for,as still only a colt,he was quiet lot smaller then herself. She didn't want to intimidate him. "Nice to meet you Abraxas. You are in the land of Helovia." She paused,taking a careful step towards him. "I would of thought your mother or someone was around somewhere?" She knew it was perhaps a personal question but she couldn't help being curious. Anyway,it wasn't like she was forcing him to tell her. If he didn't want to he didn't have to. For all she knew it could be some tragic past where he was orphaned. Or he could have left his herd,like she had,and she was glad. Or he could have had the perfect life,and just got lost or something. She paused,looking into his deep green eyes. "To be more precise I am a soldier from the Throat. I can offer you a home there if you need one?" She hoped he would. There was something about the colt that interested her,but she didn't know what.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
||Action||Speech||

Abraxas blinked, shifting his weight as the urge to step back and away from those deep blue eyes surged through every fiber of his being. Resisting his own fight or flight reaction the flashy colt locked his legs in place, stubbornly staring the horned mare in the eye. Ears flicking forward as Aisha spoke, a sign of respect and that he was indeed paying attention to what she had to say despite how he was feeling.

Abraxas cleared his throat with a light cough, formalities one of the only things that damnable tyrant had managed to beat into him. "Nice to meet you too." Helovia. He bounced the word around in his mind committing it to memory. "Mother? No. I have no mother." The words brought the colt's spirit down, the weight of them visible on his body as he slumped ever so slightly and averted his gaze to stare at his fore hooves.

Pawing at the dirt absent mindedly as he remembered many of the times the buckskin mare that had raised him and many others had bellowed 'I am not your mother, I am your queen' at even her own flesh and blood a wee little filly born a few months before he had run away from that god forsaken swamp. He as well as the others were always told they were left alone to die by their mothers and fathers. That they meant nothing to the ones who abandoned them and everything to the mare who went out of her way to save the 'poor lost foals'.

Glancing upwards he again locked with her unnerving blue eyes, the nervous swish of his tail behind him the only outward sign of his ill ease. "A home would be nice..." He trailed off as a sudden thought came to mind. "You aren't going to have me march in formation or anything like that are you?" Abraxas tilted his head slightly to the right, skeptical of what she was going to say before she could even say it. Her position sounded so militant, just like the place he had been running from before he had been swept away and washed ashore near here. He was running away from that type of life, he didn't want to return to it.

Unregistered

BlackVeilBrides
~ RAWRRR

Well done Aisha. She knew asking about old homes was stupid. Why had she asked? She could tell the colts mood had changed. He seemed to be in deep thought. No mother. Was she dead? Or just a heartless bitch? She was tempted to ask but manged to stop herself. He did not need reminding of his mother. Dead or a bitch. Both were sad cases of family life. She eyed the colt as he pawed at the ground,trying to imagine what he had been though. It made her shudder as memories of her own past came flooding back. A land with no hint of light,no even in the day, that stunk of blood and sweat,a misty layer of fog spiralling though the trees. Birds whispered but never sang. Mice hid in silence. The only noise was that of a challenge taking place,other wise it was silent. There was no fun where she had came from.

A home would be nice... She smiled,but i was soon cut of. You aren't going to have me march in formation or anything like that are you? She paused for a second then let out light hearted laugh. If a herd did that it was not a true herd. More like a training camp. The smile grew on her face again. Maybe it is all he knows. She gazed down on him. "A herd is a family. If a herd made you walk in formation it is a camp,not a herd." Her words were wise and true. "Of course you don't have to walk in formations. You are free to roam anywhere and do as you please. Sound good? " She grinned,hoping to lighten the mood.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

||Action||Speech||

Abraxas flinched as the laugh escaped the obsidian mare. The noise was foreign to him, not even the youngest of foals had much to laugh about when he was growing up. Sure he had heard maniacal cackles, and they had always frightened him, but they were nothing like this new sound. This laugh was almost like a little song in its own right. It was happy, pleasant, and most of all it wasn't followed by a sharp hoof aimed at him. Something he was incredibly thankful for.

Relaxing with a sigh of relief Abraxas cracked an awkward grin in response to the smile, following it up with a forced sheepish laugh; the action itself as strange to him as the sound. A camp, that sounds about right. A camp of death and torture. All fueled by one mare's desires, whatever they may have been in the end; she hadn't really kept him, or anyone else for that matter, privy to them.

Free to do as he pleases. The phrase alone was almost too good to be true! It was music to his ears, something he had longed to hear his entire life. The joy they brought was uncontainable. Perking up the colt stood straight, his head held high as he let what she had said sink in. Suddenly Abraxas crow hopped to the side, the stiffness of his muscles forgotten for the time being as he for once in his life got to act like a foal. "Do you really mean that? Free?" He pranced closer to Aisha, his tail flagged, a faint glimmer of the slim Arabian heritage flowing through his veins.

Unregistered

BlackVeilBrides
~ RAWRRR

The foal suddenly seemed to perk up. He brought himself the stand up taller and prick his ears. Something in her words had obviously got him interested in the Throat,and she was glad. A foal couldn't live the outcast life. It didn't seem right. Not for one so young and sweet. The slight smile that appeared on his maw and the light toned laugh that escaped him was enough to show Aisha he was considering the herd. It seemed somewhat force but it was better then a blank expression,was it not? Do you really mean that? Free? His curious,light footed step towards her was how a foal should be,not the scared foal he had been before. It was showing more of his character and so far he seemed a pretty nice kid.

She turned in a swift movement, positioning herself by his side,nudging him to encourage him to walk with her. "As free as you could ever dream. The leader there is called Kri and she will protect you to the death if you choose to join us." She my not know Kri well but she knew she was loyal to protecting her herd-as a true leader always was. Abraxas would make a wonderful addition the the Throat herd,she was sure. Maybe his life could be turned around from what ever secrets he held about his past.

OOC:We can move this to the Throat if you ask to get your rank changed:))

"blah blah blah."