the Rift

But you're QUICKSAND II [Returning - Earth God]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Although Tor had healed Phae's wings, she was still in agonizing pain. The scene between herself, Faelene, and Tolio on the beach still replayed in her mind on an endless loop; pausing in painful detail on the moments when Tolio failed to defend her. The volume defeaning her ears as she re-heard Faelene's harsh criticisms of her...was this was the Earth God had had in mind when he sent her on the quest? Did he know that although she vowed never to fall in love, that some how she would? And that it would end in such a disaster? She shook her sooty head slowly; she had no one to blame but herself.

Forcefully, she pushed these memories from her mind. Although techinically the pain in her heart for Tolio would be sufficient to fulfill the quest, she would not have her companion be born out of her pain. Instead, she turned her thoughts to Sohalia and Note; the two pegasi that she had successfully matched. She was genuinly happy for the budding love that they shared. That she had united two halves of the same whole, was not an easy process by any means; but Phae understoof the desire to be loved, and the need to have someone to call your own. She had sensed it in them, and had been correct.

Slowly, Phae entered the veins, gliding gently towards the sacred earth. Raw anticipation flooded her veins. She was finally here - everything was finally done. She had to stiffle the urge to prance on the spot, as she landed. The wounds Tolio and Faelene had inflicted seem to diminish as she thought about having a companion of her own...something to be there for her, and her alone. "I have done as you have asked" Phae called to the wind, gently looking around for the formiddable and ancient shape of the God of the Earth. "Sohalia and Note have found love with one another, and I have introduced them, as you commanded."

[OOC: - Morning .f l i g h t. - Phaedra meets a white pegasus on the beach, Sohalia. After brief discussion with Sohalia and another pegasus Levi, Phaedra tells the mare of her quest. Sohalia agrees to help Phae, and tells her what traits her suitor would need to have.
- A touching heart - Phaedra follows the stallion Levi, who injured himself on the beach, to ensure he is alright. She finds him talking to another pegasus, Note. Phaedra is very upfront with Note, telling him of her quest and asking if he thinks he would be a match for Sohalia. He believes he would be, but Phae is skeptical. She agrees to introduce the two.
- Begin Again - Phaedra seeks out Sohalia to let her know that she has found a tentative suitor.
- Love and some verses - Phae leads Sohalia to the Dragon's Throat, where they find Note. Phae makes up a reason to leave the two alone.

We established OOC that they would fall for each other, already :3

Phae would like a secretary bird :3]

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

A splash of water and a tumble of rocks clattering from the shrine is the entrance of the Earth God. He seems to break through a dam as he forces himself from the heavens to the mortal plane, his elements a frenzy around him before he settles into his Helovian body. He stands like a mountain, and with a rough shake of his monumental hulk he tosses debris from him that you would find on a cliff side.

Two green eyes peer down his roman nose at the mare gathered before him, her tale spinning from her eager lips before he has even finished getting comfortable. He grinned lightly at her, wondering if there was any point to settling in with this speedy pegasus at hoof. "Mm, yes I have seen. You have done well Phaedra, and your efforts will not be ignored."

Great wings of a color like wet earth unfurl gently. In the crook of his left wing a small chick is rolled in his primaries. Cupping it with both wings he sets the creature down with utmost care. The chick cries out at the cool earth under its claws, wings reaching back as it fluttered in dismay. The Earth God gave it a soft nudge with his muzzle to send it stumbling towards Phaedra. "It is young yet, though it's learned to fly. It will need you to hunt and feed for it still. Protect it carefully, and then it will form the bond when you have proven yourself to it."

Hesitantly the Earth God glanced to the skies. "Be warned... there is an unbalance in the heavens. The bond will be silent when it is formed, for now, but it will be there." He nods proudly towards her and begins to retreat back towards his shrine, wings hanging loosely at his sides.

[Your chick is feathered and can fly, but you must still hunt for it to make the bond.]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

No longer fearful of the earthy God, Phae could only sing her song, and wait to see if it was enough. The painful ache in her heart told her that of Sohalia and Note were note enough to satisfy this God, there was still something that might...However, before it become necessary for Phae to regurgitate that awful truth, the mountainous creature spread one of his massive wings, revealing a small black and white chick, with bright orange and yellow around its eyes. Phae lowered her head, snorting at the chick; deeply inhaling its scent as she did so. Mine her heart called out, as the God nudged the youngling towards her. Protectively, Phae stepped forwards, position the small thing safely beneath her body. She listened dutifully as the God instructed that the bird would need to be fed, and that their bond would be silent for a time - but Phae hardly cared. It could be a mute, and she would cherish it just the same.

"Thank you..Oh thank you!" She whispered at his retreating form. Bowing her head between her legs to look at her new feathered companion, she smiled. Things were going to change for Phae.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5