the Rift

Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

She was shy, and it appealed to him. Sure, he enjoyed the challenge of a fiery mare as much as the next stallion, but there was something infinitely more alluring about the demure ones. And, in a way, didn't one have to work even harder for their affections? They were quiet, most often intelligent creatures who would not be won over by jokes and flirtations (though they most certainly did not hurt!) and instead would enjoy compliments from a gentleman. And oh, yes, he could act the part.

"Thank you, you are far too kind sir. I have never been complimented in such a way. It makes me quite happy, whether I see what you do or not." Her vocals were quiet, and kind, a pleasant melody that gently caressed his lobes. Well, perhaps he would not seek to win her over - after all, such innocence ought not be corrupted. And he would not trick her into thinking he held feelings for her (though of course this was looking quite far into the future). That would be doing her an injustice, and Quilyan was nothing if not just. "Of course you may, Quilyan. Perhaps while we walk, you will tell me of this distant land?"

"I'm afraid there is not much to tell, m'lady," he admitted. "I come from a land called [____________]. It was not dissimilar to Helovia, in the varied landscapes. We had mountains far taller than those I have seen here, and in the mountains we had waterfalls that fell for miles. It thundered and roared like nothing you have ever seen." He smiled at the memory. "Mountains gave way to the foothills, and then the prairie, and that stretched on as far as the eye could see from the ground; from the air, you could only just see the ocean to the south and east, and land to the west. The sea was the purest blue you could imagine, and when you flew low to the surface, you could see multicolored fish along great reefs, and sometimes you could even fly with dolphins.

"The western lands were the outskirts, for the mountains and the ocean shaped the peninsula that was [____________]. Our lore says that the Earth God pulled the mountains from the depths of the earth to protect us from invaders to the north; and the Moon Goddess called the seas to lap at our east and south to provide beauty to the land. We had a rainy season once a year, when the Water Goddess would coax the rivers to flow as no rivers you've ever seen; but then the Sun God would send the clouds from the sky, and favor us with warm weather. My land was steeped in tradition and religion, and it was something our rulers strictly adhered to."

He did not mention that he was a ruler-to-be. But he certainly did not mind talking to one interested. He could talk for hours, given the chance, another reason why he preferred quiet mares, who might look upon him adoringly as he spoke to them. Or at least they had back home, when he was a prince. Who was to say how Rowan might look at him here?

[OOC | I don't have a name for his land yet! Sorry!]

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Rowan - 12-19-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Quilyan - 12-29-2012, 08:53 PM