the Rift

Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

Dreaming of mysterious places beyond the borders of Helovia seemed something only fillies took part in, but Rowan pondered over it for different reasons. The thirst for knowledge, in her case, was never quenched. If she could have her way she would abandon all social norm and dictations and simply fire questions at Quilyan. However she was better at control than that, and actually enjoyed the company that Quilyan provided. Therefore she restrained herself and instead settled into the comfortable if sparse conversation they were having. It was…nice. To walk along the beach with a gentleman, let the worries and toils of the day wash off her back with every word he spoke to her. With every gentle breeze that played with her blonde locks. So different from the nearly oppressive heat of the Throat, and a stallion of a completely different breed than she was used to. Ricochet had seemed to be childish, a power monger. He’d instilled a deep curiosity inside her though, one that wasn’t sated as he’d been run off. Sandman was a gentleman, but very strange. He’d gone quiet and seemed almost pained, angry before he’d turned and simply left her presence. Perhaps she just had bad luck with stallions?

However one word caught her attention. Was. Implying past tense. The destruction or ruination of something. Yet, he seemed upset at the thought. At that one tiny word. Rowan was dying with curiosity and it most likely showed, but she respectfully kept her mouth closed. If bad memories were tied with it, it was not her place to ask. Again with the Mistress Rowan. Crown turned shyly away from him, flustered by the title. She didn’t know how to handle stallions; they were completely alien to her. How in the world was she supposed to reply to that? Was it a normal thing or just something Quilyan did? Oh Gods, even more questions to store away. The implication of another meeting had her returning his smile modestly. ”It is a beautiful place, I encourage you to explore. Perhaps once you have acquainted yourself more with the inhabitants, I can ask again.” Returning the hint, but a bit firmer than he had. It was a tad bit more obvious in her words, but she was not embarrassed by it. Wait, was she supposed to be? Social norms of mares confused her quite a lot. Was it really so bad to make it sound like she wanted to meet him again? He was truly nice, and she felt rather…feminine around him. An experience she wanted to fully examine, but couldn’t when she was unable to create the feeling herself. Ah, the lands. Now that was a subject Rowan knew quite well. Deep sapphire orbs turned skyward again, as they always did in thought. ”Well, there are the Wilds and the Herd lands. The wilds vary, mostly through climate. Where we stand is warmest, though Helovia is usually composed of forests and various bogs. Though those aren’t as common. We have good access to water no matter where we go.” Deciding to inform him of the lands she knew best. Of course she had not explored every inch, but travels and explorations were quite common. Word traveled in strange ways. ”Then there are the Herds. Far north, the Unicorns in the Aurora Basin created, I believe, by the Time God. Past the cold lands of the Steppe, though I’m guessing there’s heat of some sort to help them survive. My home, the far south, is the Dragon’s Throat. Desert surrounding a large lake and oasis. North East to us is the Windtossed Foothills. I don’t know much about them, they’re very quiet. Heavily wooded, protected from cold weather by the mountains. Very green. North West is the World’s Edge, followers of the Moon Goddess. Wooded as well, but formed directly next to a sheer cliff off the see. Misted rather heavily.” Going with the basic geographic information instead of things such as alliances, rumors, blood stains. If he wanted that, all he had to do was ask. It was all there, stored inside her mind.

Messages In This Thread
Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Rowan - 12-19-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Rowan - 01-12-2013, 01:48 AM