the Rift

Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

What a curious day, to have come out seeking herself and found a stallion she could hold a rather pleasant conversation with. He was far different from Sandman and Ricochet, who had been almost brutish and dreadfully underdeveloped in her eyes. She had learned quite a lot since that meeting and finally saw what innocence had once clouded her mind from. Quilyan, on the other hand, was not only far more respectful but intelligent and well-versed. He was a good conversationalist, and quite sneaky in an endearing way with how he could slip small compliments into his words. Rowan wasn't one to take compliments, far too modest to ever think of herself as more than a plain scholar that was more attracted to the mind than the body. She believed that, in return, she had been constructed in the plainest fashion. If she had been gifted with knowledge, then it was too much to ask for to be beautiful as well.

Her recollection of the internal map in her head was not as detailed as she could have gone. She remembered every landmark she'd been told of, knew of the weather patterns and changes. The slopes, the valleys, the waterways. Everything was carefully recorded in her mind. There was the flat map she viewed most often, with borders surrounding each separate area and highlighted where the borders of herds ran. There was the elevation map that had taken much longer for her to construct, as she'd had to explore many areas herself. If you hadn't figured it out already, Rowan had a photographic memory and could take information and form it into an image she could see clearly in her mind. This was something she hadn't admitted to Cassiopeia, too embarrassed of the gift she'd been given. After all, what use would it be to her in the future? Although, even dumbing it down to the best of her ability Quilyan seemed to sense that she was far more interested in the geography of his land. Shy, sheepish smile came to her face. "I'm very sorry, Quilyan. It is impossible for me to deny. I am a Scholar, I study beneath the Oracle of my herd. I...I make a type of map within my mind, using information you give me. It's like having a constant thirst for knowledge, and it has driven many away from me I'm afraid. My apologies if my conversational skills dwindle for a few moments because of it, you do not deserve it." Sincerely apologetic, face showing it clearly.

Messages In This Thread
Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Rowan - 12-19-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Rowan - 01-18-2013, 10:22 PM