the Rift

Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

Rowan is pleased to say in that moment she was surprised by the fact that Quilyan not only didn't judge her, but praised her for having such a talent! Rowan had never known anything else, though she knew now that not all people had her ability. In fact she had never encountered any others like her, which was a bit saddening. So used to being called a freak, she had started hating her abilities long ago, so Quilyan's praise was shocking to her. Pleasure lights up her face and she was eager to question him in the near future, now that he had allowed her free reign. The sketchy outline she had of his land was driving her crazy already, despite only hearing about it moments ago.

She shares in his smile, showing how thankful she is that he has not damned her for what many consider a gift of the devil. Another reason she had gotten into fights with the other foals, other than her height and strange way of speaking and looking at the world. Normally she would be wary of such questions from someone, fearing they would use her, but she does not get that vibe from Quilyan. "I would be happy to answer your questions, it is rare that anyone shows positive interest in it," she unknowingly admitted, face glowing with happiness that should not be so vibrant. It is almost pathetic. Rowan considered his words carefully before she answered, wanting to give him the best explanation she could. "In order to tell you the accuracy, I must give you a scenario. Say I visit Thistle Meadow. I open my eyes and take one long look at the scenery. I close my eyes and return to my home without opening them. Even if I wait weeks, I will be able to pull up that image and remember every flower in detail, will see in my head the number of pedals, the color, how many flowers there were. I will remember everything I saw in vivid detail. None of it ever changes, and the memory never disappears that I know of." Every photo was still in perfect condition in her mind. That's why Rowan remembered her real mother so clearly, for none of them ever seemed to be erased. Rowan didn't understand when people said they were 'drawing a blank' or couldn't remember something, for she had never experienced it. This was what made her a borderline sociopath at times, ruled by her mind and not by her heart. It was depressing to her, but she didn't linger on it long, never knowing how to go about dealing with those tricky emotions.

Next question. "Yes, I can create maps with input from others without ever stepping into that place. And you are correct, for if they do not remember well I will have blanks, in a way, on my map. Furthermore to answer your question, yes. Speaking with someone well-versed in the land and with a decent memory is the best, for I can create a more stable image." Smiling she stopped for a moment and turned to him. His handsomeness did not strike her so much now that she had gotten used to it, and she was far more intrigued by his personality and mind than his looks. He was...interesting. Normally people like him would make her shy and run away, but he was open and convincing, making her stay like a curious wild animal unable to keep itself from the lure of affection and friendship. "Of Helovia, I have multiple maps. Flat boundary maps, elevation maps, seasonal and weather maps. I can flip between them in moments, even create them so that they are tangible and have depth in my mind. It is not only maps, Quilyan. In two years, should I desire, I can remember every inch of your face. I can count how many times the waves hit the shore during our meeting, for my mind is always recording things whether I am aware of them or not, and I can revisit them once I am gone. I will recount every word you said, how many breaths and steps you took. It is a blessing and a curse, though many damn me for having such a...talent, as you say. I am not used to someone finding it a gift, and I rarely speak of it for fear of being judged for it. So for that, I must thank you," she said gently, eyes soft and full of gratitude she didn't know existed. Rowan was glad she had met him, for he was a wonderful person to converse with, and she truly enjoyed his presence. Perhaps, maybe...if she was very lucky, he would become her friend. Her second friend, for she only truly had one. Rowan was deeply lonely, used to being shunned for seeming robotic and alien. But she also had a deep stubborn side and a fire that burned only on rare occasions, such as Tribute's appearance in the Throat when she had been ready to kill him on the spot. Rowan had a lot of layers, if one cared enough to discover them all.

Messages In This Thread
Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Rowan - 12-19-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Rowan - 01-22-2013, 05:12 AM