the Rift

Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

Her smile is a pleasant sight, and seems to be rarely given, making it all the more worthwhile. She launches into speech, telling him of her gift. She begins with a story, and he listens intently as she describes how she will recall their meeting once it is done. The possibilities for one with her gift truly are endless, he realizes, awestruck. To be able to count the breaths one takes? The steps they leave behind? To remember in excruciating detail the beauty of the flowers, the location of each stone, the expressions upon her face... why, if he had such a gift, he would have no trouble recalling the mares he had flirted with so long ago (was it really so long?) or... the faces of his parents...

The thought sobers him, and he focuses once more on her words, shoving the memories to the back of his mind. If he had the brainpower that Rowan possessed, would he be able to get rid of the memories? Seal them off so that they ceased to haunt him? Place them in a neat little box in the recesses of his mind to collect dust? He cannot ask this, and it is not because he thinks she will not answer, but because he cannot find the words. How would he find out without revealing and, thus, reliving his exile? And then she thanks him, drawing a surprised laugh from his maw.

"Mistress Rowan, you are a fascinating mare," he told her, amusement in his violet eyes. "I cannot imagine that others would not think as much. For that, I am truly sorry. They do not deserve the blessing of your company." His tone is joking, but his eyes are truthful, almost indignant. Why in the world would they treat the femme with less respect simply because she was smarter than they were? Stupidity at its finest, he thought wryly. "But that is neither here nor there, I suppose. What would you like to know of my lands, m'lady?"

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Rowan - 12-19-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Quilyan - 01-22-2013, 08:54 PM