the Rift

[FALLS] finding my soul

Canada Bluegrass Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I will find my soul.

The mare was walking quietly, feet hardly touching the ground, as if by stepping down on the carpet of green, she would physically harm it. It was a good morning, the air fresh and sweet, wonderfully quiet and relaxed. The sky was a bright blue, tossed with soft white clouds. The grasses were rustling in the breeze fondling with their heads, moving them and twisting them before skipping off into the tree branches above. Golden light shafts spilled through the dense black sky, whirled in bright halos of color, dancing on the forest floor of new life. It was morning, time to find her soul plant.

The compact mare stopped, lifted her head, pricked small ears. She was close, she could tell it. Her tail flicked, once twice, the rustle of grasses switching across her flank loud in the morning quiet. A slender red fox darted across the twisting paths. Which path to take? Where would she go? How would Bluegrass find her soul plant in a million grasses?

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

It was with tears in her eyes that Romani moved swiftly through the Threshold, body wracked with trembles and covered in sweat. She had run all the way from the Foothills to Helovia’s forest of entrance, pushing her body to its extreme to try and weigh out the pain that she felt upon the realization of what had happened. Svetlana had been overthrown. A stallion that the Haflinger never knew, Jackal, had overthrown her, taking her position as Chief of the Foothills. Romani wouldn’t give the stag her loyalty, not until he proved his worth as a leader. And what of poor, little Nayati? Her mother had just returned to her, and then Jackal had the gall to send her away!

Furious at the situation and how powerless it left her, the warrior picked her way through the trees, trying to calm her rapid breathing. She hated this… Absolutely hated it. Yet there was nothing she could do about it. After all, Romani was just a warrior.

It was during her contemplative walk that Romani encountered another like herself, a creature of compact build, but at the same time this unknown mare was so unlike herself that the Haflinger forgot all about her worries and drama. It took her a second to compose herself, and the mare found herself mumbling an apology before she was even aware.

“I’m terribly sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude… Are, are you new here? To Helovia?” Her words lacked grace and elegance, as Romani’s muddled mind tried to clear itself to truly engage this mare in conversation. She was still so curious to behold, but not in an unpleasant way.

[OOC: Sorry, Elope, not my best post ever… XD]

Unregistered

I will find my soul.

There was another horse. She appeared, coat wrinkled with seat, wet-eyed, soft-eyed. Teary-eyed. The Lignea stopped, watched her warily, ears twitching forward, muzzle wrinkling slightly. A palomino, much like Bluegrass- but this palomino was without the mane tangled with long grasses and the beard made of it. Equine. Certainly not Lignea. For a moment, Blue wanted to run, run away from the predator who ate her precious grasses, before she contained the urge and spoke up, very quietly and shyly.

"Are you alright? You don't look very well." Blue looked down at her hooves, very shyly, soft-spoken as well. Even in all her seventeen years, she had never become outgoing or confident. It simply wasn't in her nature. She half-noticed the patterns of grass below her, something she was always quite aware of- soft green grass, dark blades and bright blades, one or two longer stemmed ones. But none of her soul plant type of grass. Seconds later, more like minutes later, the palomino added- "Yes, I guess I am new to... Huh.. Heh... Helo-veeah?" Her sense of time was so very different, often creating disjointed converstations. "I'm Bluegrass... uh... um... you can call me Blue."

R O M A N I

Romani would readily admit that the creature’s inquiry surprised her. Taking a moment to further calm herself down, the Haflinger inhaled deeply, held it for a few seconds to collect her thoughts, and then released it just as slow. Azure eyes once more turned to the mare before her, her lips contorting to a slightly more sincere smile. “Yes, I’m alright… I’ve just been going through a rough time. Thank you, for your concern.” Growing silent, the Foothills warrior continued her examination of the creature before her. What was this mare?

She was palomino, Romani could tell, but there was grass woven into her mane, and the beard sprouting from her chin seemed to be made of the edible substance. It was remarkable, definitely something different than the Haflinger was used to. Never in all of her adventures had she seen someone quite like this… Realizing that she was staring, and cursing herself from her rudeness, Romani straightened her posture, relaxed, and broadened her smile. The previous conflict she felt seemed to melt away in the grass-mare’s presence… Something about her exuded peace, but Romani couldn’t place what it was. It was when that the other introduced herself.

“Very well, Blue… It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Romani, of the Windtossed Foothills. Are you looking for something…? If so, I could try and help? … And if I can ask, and please don’t feel oblicaged to answer, but… What breed are you?” Romani prayed that Bluegrass wouldn’t take her question the wrong way. She had simply never seen such a curious creature before.

Unregistered

I will find my soul.

Bluegrass shifted, uncomfortable at the scrutiny she was being put under. She had never been one for attention, preferring to go unknown in a herd, relatively quiet and peaceful. Not... not under such careful eyes that seemed to judge her silently. The elders may have put her under such a telescope, but they weren't predators. They wouldn't... they weren't... cannibals. At least she seemed nice 'nuff. Maybe she was tricky thieve. But Blue didn't think so. Mares weren't normally, at least the few she had met in her weary-legged travels from Prim'Sylvia. Romani said she came from the Windtossed Foothills. Those small, fluffy ears pricked in interest. So maybe she wasn't so bad. Her grass grew in the Foothills- maybe that was where her soul was?

"I'm... looking for... my soul?" Bluegrass began nervously, before stopping. What did she say? That her life, as far as she knew, depended on a blade of Canadian Bluegrass somewhere in Helovia? She could be eaten without being chomped on? How, exactly, did one explain the relationship to a predator without, without... without... um... how? "I... I... um..." She managed before her tongue was tied in knots. Embarassed by her lack of confidence, the slender mare looked down, cheeks crawling with red heat. "I... uh... a Lignea. Gramunus, if you, er, want to be, uh, specific." Did she need to talk about having a plant to save? Or would that be strange. Another minute, two, trickled past before the Lignea began to speak again. "I come from... far away. I need... a home. To find... my soul plant and to... protect it?" The quiet mare lifted her eyes hesitantly, before dropping them back to her hooves. She shuffled her feet uncomfortably. No prey likes to be under the eye of the predator.

R O M A N I

There were many things that this curious mare spoke of that Romani didn’t understand, but she did understand what Bluegrass meant when she said that she needed a home. Didn’t everyone need a home? While she had been skeptical at first, the Haflinger eventually agreed that a home was something precious, something not to be taken lightly or for granted. Azure eyes softened and she lifted her head slightly, but not too high to be called haughty. A welcoming smile crossed her muzzle. “Blue, if you’d like, you can come back with me to the Foothills? You may like it there, and I would be more than happy to lead you there, and get to know you more.”

Like she had thought earlier, despite the sudden changes of the herd, Romani wouldn’t abandon her home. It had become far too important for her to simply let go. Tossing her head, she snorted, taking in Blue’s earthy scent. It was somewhat comforting, the Haflinger surmised, the familiar smell of terrain and grass, mixed in with a smell that was completely Blue, and it helped ease the turmoil of emotion that had driven her madly into the Threshold in the first place.

Turning slightly, Romani motioned her head towards the way she had come. “Shall we? I think you’ll like it, Blue. It’s beautiful; when the skies are clear, they’re vibrant and fresh with crisp air, and the grasses that grow there are thick and plentiful. I’m not very skilled in types of plants, but the majority there is amazing.” Romani, of course not a Lignea, thought of plants only as vegetation to eat, to fill her body with nutrients, but she wouldn’t talk like that around Bluegrass. It seemed that the grassy mare held some sort of bond to the plants of the word that Romani just simply couldn’t fathom.

Unregistered

I will find my soul.

Was it Blue, or did the mare... Romani... look confused? She seemed to understand at least the 'home' bit. The Lignea blushed more, scuffling her feet in the dirt more. She lifted her head- oh, Romani seemed so tall for a moment! But a smile softened her regal features and she said, so kindly, offering the Lignea a home. "Oh thank you, Romani. That would be lovely." She would never shout or cry out, but her words stopped stuttering, finally joining together well instead of being fearful.

And when Romani spoke of grass, the mare's blue eyes widened in surprise and care. "Really, Romani? That would be lovely! I might be able to find my soul plant after all!" She was still hardly speaking in more than a whisper- but you could hear the excitement in Blue's sweet voice. "Can you lead me to it, please?"

R O M A N I

Even though Blue’s vocal level didn’t change, there was no possible way that Romani could miss the elated expression that crossed upon the Lignea’s face. The expression made her chuckle and with a slight shake of her head, the Haflinger nodded. While she still didn’t understand what Bluegrass meant about a ‘soul plant’, the red mare was delighted that she could do something to help.

“Of course, Blue… Follow me. The Foothills isn’t very far from here, actually, so it won’t take too terribly long to get home.” Turning on her haunches, Romani began leading the way back to the Foothills, glancing back occasionally to make sure that Bluegrass was following. Once they had been walking for some time, she intended to try and open up more conversation with the earthly mare. There were still many things that Romani found curious about the Lignea, but didn’t want to inquire yet, as the two barely knew each other.

[OOC: Sucky post is sucky. XD Sorry! But, I figured that getting out of the Threshold is what matters most.]