the Rift

Giving In[Open/Joining] (CLOSED)

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Leyra nudged her child along, they were heading towards the center of the Basin. She had heard that unicorns inhabited the area so she came quickly, hoping to find some of the horses from the original Edge herd. To her suprise she had already spotted a few familiar faces, but she needed to see more. Most importantly she needed to join this herd. With quick steps she led her child along, hoping her child would also be accepted.

The little roan filly stumbled beside her mother. Her long legs worked clumsily, and she often tripped over herself. Her eyes of green were flecked with purple, and she focused them on her mother's appaloosa blanket covered quarters. She thought about how her and her mother were so alike, she had the same appaloosa blanket as her mother, the same roan coat, the same lion tail. But the differences were also noted. Her coat was bay, her horn was smooth and curved back, she had a tribal star marking behind her right ear. Her eyes were a different color. So many. The young roan had yet to see her father, who she suspected must look something like her too.

Leyra turned to her young child, who seemed deep in thought and she smiled. She turned away from her filly and continued walking, quickening the pace a bit. She hoped to run into the herd leader, whoever that was.

OOC:
WC: 239
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The mare crossing her borders was unknown to the shadow-mare, though she looked oddly familiar. Watching from a shadow beneath the trees, the Lady frowned. Cavorting beside the mare was a little roan filly, cute enough with her spindly legs, struggling to keep up with her mother. The jackal was not a particularly maternal creature, but she did enjoy the malleability of young minds, as she had seen with Farai. She smiled, thinking of the little adopted filly, seemingly taken in by the entire organization of the Plague. Which reminded her - Zikar-Sin, who have brought the flicka home, had yet to meet his leader. She would have to remember to find him later.

Returning to the present, the dark fae pushed herself into an easy trot toward the mother-daughter pair. It was her land, and though they were both unicorns, she felt the need, today, to reiterate her rule, to establish her dominance. It was an odd mood, to be sure, but she supposed it was only natural for her mind, usually so cynical and openly sarcastic, to revolt against the recent lessons in diplomacy. Nearing the two, she let out a strong whinny, announcing both her presence and her leadership. "Hello, there," she greeted them, her vocals dripping honey. "I am Psyche the Dark Empress, the Lady of Aurora Basin. Welcome to my home." Amber eyes held the mother's, her orbs cool and calculating, waiting for the femme's words. She'd best speak kindly, with the mood the shadow-mare was in.

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Deceased
Dark
"Psyche, I have heard much about you."Leyra bowed her head towards the black unicorn."I do not believe we have formally met. I'm Leyra and this is my daughter, Frost Fyre." Leyra tilted her head towards her child. With a kind tone she spoke once again,"I lived in the Edge before it was invaded, and so when I heard of a herd of unicorns living here I came rather quickly to see." Leyra finally closed her mouth, waiting for Psyche to reply.

The little blue roan filly smiled kindly at the dark unicorn. The little roan gave a whinny of joy as she stared at the dark mare. A twisted horn sat atop the mares' forehead, the opposite of the fillies'. Her horn was a sleek crystal that curved back. The filly stared with interest at the mare, her green eyes couldn't be taken off the mare. Her mother brushed her tail against the fillies' leg, and she instantly was pulled back into reality.

Leyra sighed, her child had begun to zone out. She was quite sure Psyche wouldn't be too happy with a foal staring at her so intently. Leyra's blue eyes gazed back at Psyche, waiting for the mare's next words.

OOC: Crummy post. Sorry. :/
WC: 204

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

"Psyche, I have heard much about you," the unknown fae says. The shadow-mare nods, receiving her words and the bow of her head. She is respectful, and the jackal approves. "I do not believe we have formally met. I'm Leyra, and this is my daughter, Frost Fyre." The Empress' amber gaze shifted to the little blue roan, who peered out from behind her mother. A curious youngling; that was good. She would be easily molded, as Farai was. "A lovely name for a lovely filly," she said, a kindness that was perhaps surprisingly heartfelt for such an emotionless mare.

"I lived in the Edge before it was invaded, and so when I heard of a herd of unicorns living here I came rather quickly to see," Leyra continued, and the Lady nodded her acknowledgement. Before she could reply, the youngling whinnied her own greeting, and though it unnerved her to be so attentively studied by the flicka, she offered a small, tight smile all the same. It was better to make friends than enemies, particularly when the friends might grow up to share her beliefs. Which reminded her: "You prefer to live amongst your own kind, then?" she asked, to provide additional clarity to the situation. Not that she would turn away another unicorn, of course. She had no reason to. But she liked to know if they would be useful.

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Deceased
Dark
Leyra nodded her head, opening her mouth to speak."I do not care what species I live among."Leyra closed her mouth instantly. She probably screwed up. With a glance at her child she leaned over and whispered into her offsrpings' ear with a gentle voice."Speak to the mare darling."

The little roan listened to her mother. Straight out the young filly said,"I will only live with unicorns!" Her tone was bold, and her words came out of her maw quickly. "Unicorns are best. Other types of horses do not matter to me." The little filly turned to her mother, feeling proud of herself. I did it! The little filly smiled. She looked at the dark-colored mare with green pools that had only the smallest flecks of purple.

Leyra was ready to burst, but she didn't know to be enraged or saddened that her child had become racist. Leyra set her head low, glaring at her little roan child. Foolish. What would happen if her child was accepted and she wasn't? That'd be just great Leyra sighed. She looked at her child with icy blue eyes, making sure her child didn't say anything else stupid.

OOC: Sorry, yet another crummy post. I had to do this one kind of quickly.
WC: 197

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

"I do not care what species I live among." The fae's words brought a wave of disappointment over the shadow-mare, but it was short-lived, and did not show in her cool gaze. She did not, could not, would not understand what prompted their kind to accept the other species as equals, but neither would she force her viewpoints upon another. Perhaps the mare would be swayed, in time, once she understood the error of her ways; if not, she would burn with the rest of them.

Psyche's silence conveyed her disapproval, but the little roan filly saved the day. Encouraged by her mother, she cheerfully piped up in a bold, proud voice. "Unicorns are best. Other types of horses do not matter to me." She turned to her mother for approval, then, but Psyche spoke instead. Her approval would be the only approval that mattered for the youngling; her mother was was, but the Dark Empress was strong. Frost Fyre would see that one day, should she continue on her current path. In the mother's silence, the Lady's vocals rang out, sure and true: "Now, there's a smart girl!" She smiled at the flicka, something akin to kindness on her maw. It did not reach her eyes.

Orange gaze turned to the mare. "From the mouths of babes comes the truth unadorned, Leyra. You would do well to remember it." It was as much of a scolding as she would muster, as much as the mare deserved. The youngling was malleable, and was already speaking the words that she needed to hear; it would be a small task to turn her against the inferiors, to grow her into a role amongst the racist organization. "Come," she offered, turning back towards her herd. "You are welcome here, Leyra and Frost Fyre. You may accompany me as I show you around."

[OOC | SO sorry, I somehow missed this when I was doing replies!

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Deceased
Dark
[[It's alright]]

Leyra sighed. Of course Psyche was happy to hear her daughter's words rather than Leyra's own words. Leyra glared at her child, angered at the words she had spoken."We would be happy to accompany you as you show us around."Leyre smiled, trying to act as though nothing had happened.

The little roan filly was delighted to hear that the dark mare had liked what she said. She followed her mother and the dark horse, although her mother kept giving her evil glances. The bay child sped her pace up so she was walking behind the dark mare and her mother was walking behind them both. She kept alert, turning to every sound to see where it came from.

Leyra was keeping an eye on her child, depressed to see that her child was taking a liking to Psyche rather than her own mother. Leyra trod behind her child and Psyche, and her deep blue eyes focused on the ground.

OOC: This is possibly my worst post ever. So sorry