the Rift

You don't know about me, but I bet you want to. [DONE]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

Apollo

How can you say that your truth is better than ours?

Moving through the forest, Apollo discovered that he had a habit that he had developed since arriving in the woods. Move forward a few paces, then stop, turn his head left and right to survey where he was, then continue. It was strange that he’d develop such a habit so late in his life, but… If the stallion was honest with himself, it wasn’t a habit at all, just fear. The forest creeped him out, that was it. With its all encompassing darkness and the thick vegetation, sometimes it was hard to find just where to go if he wanted to get out… And more than a few times, the crystalline horn poised on his head would snag into a low branch, causing his head to be yanked back.

The Overo snorted. How could someone call this inhospitable forest home? Yet… He was doing that very thing, joining the Grey. Speaking of the Grey, his thoughts turned to Phaedra, the Pegasus mare who had brought him home. He exhaled roughly, his head drooping just a tad bit more. Oh, he liked her; there was no doubt about it. She was intoxicating in her beauty. Despite her plain colors, there was something so extravagant about her, something that left a little voice in Apollo’s head saying: ‘You haven’t seen anything like her before… Talk to her! Get to know her! Maybe you’ll have a chance.’ But that all seemed so far-fetched, a foolish dream had by an equally foolish colt. Phaedra was charming, charismatic, playful, and beautiful, and Apollo was… Well, plain, aside from the horn growing upon his head. Oh, how he wished he could be more handsome, or taller, or built with more muscle so that maybe Phaedra would take true notice in him.

The sudden sound of voices from up ahead snapped the Unicorn out of his depressed reverie, his ears snapping to attention, as did his head. Apollo immediately regretted that as his horn, once more, entangled in the ensnaring branches of a thick pine tree. “Oh, damn it all!” With a hard, frustrated yank, the black and white paint tore his horn away from the offending branch, gritting his teeth against the sound of the branches snapping. Once free, he gave a little huff satisfaction and turned back towards where he had heard the voices, tenderly picking his way through the rest of the vegetation until they all came into view.

There were four standing there. Three of them he didn’t know; a large draft mare, a smaller, blue roan Pegasus, and a Tobiano stallion, who was also a Pegasus. Almost immediately, however, Apollo’s honey eyes were swept up by the sight of Phaedra. ’Phae!’

“Phaedra!” The Overo called, a light bounce entering his step as he approached the four, “I was wondering where you…” The stag trailed off, suddenly realizing that something was terribly off about the four he just encountered. Were they… Were they high? Looking around the rooted and thick carpeted ground at their feet, it took no time for the Unicorn to spot what must have done the trick to result in all of them giggling and speaking like mad. Glowing, white mushrooms. Looking back to Phaedra, he spoke, titling his head curiously. “Phae? Are you alright?”

Messages In This Thread
RE: You don't know about me, but I bet you want to. [Open] - by Apollo - 12-20-2012, 06:12 PM