the Rift

You don't know about me, but I bet you want to. [DONE]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

Apollo

How can you say that your truth is better than ours?

Out of everyone assembled, Phaedra was the only one that Apollo recognized. He also recognized that flirty gleam in her green eyes and the flaunting walk she did as she strode towards him, albeit a bit drunkenly. Yet, these equines weren’t drunk at all, were they? No, just high, on glowing mushrooms. While not familiar with the effects of the said fungi, Apollo recognized them well enough, and he had always done his best to stay away from ingesting them. It seemed that Phaedra and the others, however, were doing it willingly, for fun. Or maybe not for fun, but to help suppress some painful emotions that each of them was feeling. How strange…

Honey-brown eyes were only for the female Pegasus as she sauntered towards him, clearly inebriated by the mushrooms, and immediately Apollo felt himself tensing up as she came to a stop right before him, pressing right past his comfortable line of personal space without a care in the world. Shocked into a silent stupor, he could only stare, mouth slightly agape, as Phae moved and lifted her muzzle to his ear, brushing it affectionately with her velvety lips. Her breath was warm and most, and the overo shuddered at both the action, and the words that left her soft lips.

‘I am, now that you’re here.’

Oh, Gods… The things she did to him. Quivering despite himself, the Unicorn heaved a breath once Phaedra had stepped away, his head tilting somewhat and ears askew. At her question, he hesitated, and then ventured onwards towards the group. Did they all know each other? By their conduct, they seemed to… Then again, it could just be the mushrooms. Maybe, just maybe, they weren’t all that bad.

Turning his head towards Quilyan, Apollo stepped up to the other stallion and lowered his head, nosing the fungi for a few moments before tentatively pulling one from the dirt with gentle lips. He let it sit there, idly toying with it with his dark lips before nibbling upon it. The taste was repugnant and foul, and Apollo nearly gagged, dropping the mushroom from his lips and shaking his head. “They’re awful!” He exclaimed, turning his shocked eyes to Quilyan, but the tobiano had moved on to blatantly flirt with the mares. For a moment he directed his gaze once more to the horrible fungi, unsure whether he truly wanted to eat such a thing. Yet, everyone else was… And he desperately wanted to impress Phaedra.

Swallowing his pride, and ignoring his taste buds, the black and white overo dipped his head, snatched up the offending mushroom, and ate it as quick as he was able. Once swallowed, he looked back to Phaedra, wanting to know her reaction that he had, indeed, eaten the mushroom. How long would it be until he started acting on impulse, like the others? Or would he need to eat more than simply one mushroom to feel the effects? Just in case, and hating himself for the decision, Apollo snatched up one more mushroom and then gobbled it down just as quick as the first, then resigned himself to wait.

Messages In This Thread
RE: You don't know about me, but I bet you want to. [Open] - by Apollo - 12-22-2012, 11:12 PM