the Rift

May I Wait On You, Master? [Open, Faelene?]

Athena2 Posts: 48
Dragon's Throat Pupil
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1hh :: 4 Years 8 Months
Adoptable

Correct me if I'm wrong; You're fragile and you're strong- a beautiful and perfect combination</style>

Servitude.

Athena was intelligent, knew she could not waltz into the Basin and ask to live there until the end of Birdsong. Hornless, and with the wings at her tail the only ones to show she was a Pegasus at all, she would be attacked or cast out within moments. Even killed if it came down to it. So she had to find a way to get in without walking straight into the lion's den. Which is exactly what she was doing. The only thing she could think of was to swear loyalty to a unicorn, hopefully one that was not too cruel, and become their slave until the end of Birdsong. However even that she may have to lie about, for they probably wouldn't want someone with eyes and ears on the inside getting away. Mouths turned loose around slaves after all.

So Athena would have to escape, in the end. Unless she found someone who was somewhat in the Plague, or not at all if her luck went well. Healing the racism would be extremely hard from the position she would have, as she would likely be unable to speak to many people. Either way, Athena was not about to give up on this quest.

Moon Goddess, I swore to pray to you whenever I could. I do this now. Have faith in me, I will do this. Maybe in the end I will discover what it is you wish for me to learn. Hazel eyes that had briefly closed in prayer to her patron opened once again. It was freezing here, completely opposite of the Throat, and Athena was left shivering and small in the snow. Glancing about for anyone of the Basin. Feeling as if she should be waving about a sign, shouting "Free slave! Come get your free, willing slave!" Snorting cynically, she was a bit shocked at her thoughts. Normally she was entirely patient, but she couldn't help but feel queasy about racism and the Basin. She was scared, but she knew she couldn't allow that emotion to influence her on her mission. Until the end of Birdsong and the end of her quest, fear would have to completely disappear from her range of emotions.

Credit

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F A E L E N E
i want the friction

Hooves vigorously clipped against the ice and stone, climbing her way out of the bowl. The path twisted after that, making her have to pause at times to make sure new snow was not setting her on the wrong path. Familiar marks eased her mind, some the thinnest of scratches she had placed. It was her own path she had made, keeping it a secret worth having. It bothered her on quite a few levels how easily infiltrated the Basin was when it should not have been. She was not a master of the elements still hoping sometime to venture to the Veins to see if the Time God felt she had accomplished her quest or not.

With ribbons of mist her falling breath, she kept an eye out for the white wolf, thinking he might easily join her. While she did not mind, she did not need a silent spy. Who could she really trust? No one. It was better that way. Tolio, yes to a point she did. There were things she didn't want to tell him afraid the secrets would get him harmed as Phaedra had proven. If she ever got a hold of that...feathered she would be needing something fixed... Both her ears twisted, feeling her jaw clench to stop the thought. Darkened mind lead to violent ways. Everyone was in it for themselves, wasn't she? Sometimes, she answered in silence. She did try to do the right thing, but found it more difficult. Leander, she was certainly selfish, keeping him hanging on and for what? Had she told the truth, or a convincing lie? Did he realize she was yet to give him what he wanted, and deserved? You warned him. It did not give her comfort she sought. She was still trying not to break his heart, while being loyal to the Basin and knew she could not continue to do both.

Hips swaying and her tail following suit, she cast a look around the mountains, peering onto the familiar sea. It coaxed a hint of a smile, but she continued past it, on the move like always. Today she would encounter company before she expected it. A palomino in the distance. Another one? If she was part of the Grey, Faelene might start to lose it (her manners included). Drawing closer with her head held heavenward, and her legs reaching high out of the snow she did not call to the other. She continued with silver eyes upon her, wondering if she too was looking for the Basin. It was not until they were two horse stretches away, she would ask, "Are you one of those lost, or merely clueless?" Voice was stroked with cold tones, a shake of her head to cast away her unruly locks from her sight. This creature did not look like she belonged here, in the cold.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Dragon's Throat Pupil
Adoptable

Correct me if I'm wrong; You're fragile and you're strong- a beautiful and perfect combination</style>

The waiting game is easy for one as patient as Athena is. Even if this land is the perfect opposite of her home she does not complain even in the sanctitude of her own thoughts. She has rid herself of the Throat's scent, the act hurting her but also driving her on. The river ends her trail twice, as she crosses through it multiple times on her journey. Now she smells of an outcast and the comfort of her home is no longer there to inspire her. Snow piles nearly to her chest, short stature unhelpful in this environment. Hazel eyes remain firm and hopeful nonetheless, refusing to give in for what she wants the most remains close at hand. 

Dark form is visible to her more prominently than her dull palomino coat. But it is Athena who is a stranger to these lands, not the female who comes to her on long legs. She doesn't attack upon sight, a small plus in Athena's book. She knows she's in dangerous territory and that this is her only chance. "Neither, my lady. I'm here on a quest from my Goddess. She has bid me to reside in your lands until the end of Birdsong. While I am there, I am to try and heal the racism I find as well as the lust of a philanderer and the loneliness of a hybrid. I do not have to succeed, merely try my hardest." She doesn't want the woman to point out the impossible nature of this task, nor turn her away for being so foolish and thinking them low for assuming she can truly change them. Athena is both nervous and hopeful in this encounter.

"The problem I face is how to go about, bare headed as I am, without being harassed or endangered. My solution is to offer myself as a slave. I intend no harm to your home, I seek the gift of healing, the direct opposite. Whatever I learn I swear will remain only in my knowledge. Will you help me, dear woman, and allow me to pose as your servant until the turning of seasons?" It feels as if she speaks too much, but she has to get it out all at once or risk being stopped and turned away. Athena turns her eyes to those of the taller mare, honesty shining through her face. Hoping that her Goddess is kind enough to let this voyage end with this black lady. That she will not have to keep searching for someone to take her in as a slave. For if she were a prisoner she could not mingle with the other herd members to accomplish her quest. 

Credit

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E
i want the friction

No fear could she see in the golden face, only purpose. It was such an uncommon thing to see written on anyone's face. Interest pulling her ears forward, Faelene listened to her steady tone. It made her a bit weary she knew she lived in the Basin, and what she was to fix. Maybe, the Moon Goddess had given her some information. She was the only Goddess the dark mare knew of. Was she not as kind as she had thought? Her quest seemed hard, so what did she want in return? The strands of her tail swirled behind her, she was glad to have been answered by the Time God despite his mood she felt more trustful of the lightning horned. The unicorn did well to hold her tongue, her dark facade smooth with a thoughtful look. What was she getting?

Ears picked up a bite of the mare's worry, but it seemed tinged with something else. She was mad to think she could live in the Basin let alone change their ways. Faelene listened to her strange idea. A slave? It made her want to recoil, and let out a warning sound. She was mad. The small winged mare had thought this through, explaining further. Healing magic. That wasn't such a bad thing, and made more sense to the reasons to her quest. But she was asking to be Faelene's servant till TallSun. Faelene let her eyes stretch across the landscape, suspicious. This could easily be a trick, but staring into the cream brown eyes she saw truth. Faelene knew she could pull this off, her own servant she would be safe.

Silent for a great while, her heart thuds into her ears, while images flicker through her head. She could see others telling her to watch her servant's mouth already. It seemed cruel to not give her this chance. How else would she accomplish it? A close of eyes, a collection of thoughts, she strode closer, making sure to catch her gaze. "I'll agree to this, and do what I can to see you are not harmed. You might set some of them off trying to change their minds, but it's your task and I won't stop you. However, I will hold you to your word no to sprout your mouth, I'm sure you'll know what happens if you do." Cold eyes which had seen great amounts of pain and sorrow made sure to stare long and hard to make sure the Pegasus understood the risk. When it was done she let out a sigh, and shifted around, her back to the lady. "You must have a name, but I'm not sure if I should know it. I would though like to call you something, unless you don't mind being called servant?" Faelene paused in her long steps, her face drifting around to see if she was coming. "I am Faelene, and no matter my thoughts I am loyal to the Basin."

Dragon's Throat Pupil
Adoptable

It was risky, there was no doubt about it. She was asking to be taken to a place that despised her very existence, and that could easily be taken as a threat to their existence. But she tried to explain that she wasn't a spy, and that she didn't wish any true harm on Faelene's home. Her fate was on the red maned woman's shoulders now. The warning sound she received when she posed the idea of being a slave made her resolve waver a bit. Athena was no fighter, and this mare clearly was. If she decided to attack, Athena wouldn't have a chance even if she tried to flee. Fighting simply wasn't in her nature. But as the words slipped- practiced of course- from her mouth she seemed to be placated but wary. That was better than Athena could hope for. Wary was better than hostile by a longshot.

Dark legs drew her forth towards Athena, eyes boring into her own hazel. Showing her the severity of the situation. Athena didn't move her eyes away, knowing she had to see this. She knew that in her desire to complete her quest she may put Faelene in danger herself. It was a difficult decision for her. Soft brown eyes turned even more so when Faelene agreed. "I'm very sorry. I know that my quest can possibly put you in danger as well. I'm eternally grateful," dipping her head here. Faelene could suffer a lot because of Athena if she wasn't careful. They would have to work together if they were both to get out of this unharmed and with Faelene holding the same amount of respect from her herd. But she had gotten her answer, and the femme turned away from her. Asking of her name, but unsure what to call her. Briefly Athena thought back to her Goddess. She had said that she liked her name, and Athena agreed. The mythical goddess of Wisdom and War Strategies. She tried to carry it with pride, as she had told her goddess. Taking her name away was going to be hard, but she do what she had to. She didn't like being called 'servant'. "If it comes down to it, you may call me servant. However I agree, perhaps it is best that nobody knows my name. If you wish, you may give me one. An alias if you wish." Following behind her, knowing they were putting their trust in each other whether they liked it or not. Nodding her head respectfully when Faelene told her in a completely candid fashion that she was still loyal to the Basin. "I do not wish to change that, Faelene. I accept that. As I've assured you, I wish no harm on your family. You have my word. Should I be unable to keep this promise, you have my permission to do as you see fit to me." A safeguard, to ensure Faelene believed her and to also keep her own morals straight throughout this quest.

Credit

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E
i want the friction

The palomino mare gave no reason for Faelene to be hostile. There were few that had, and this situation though sketchy held no reasons for anger. The only thing that would make the red maned angry was if Athena's words held no promise. The dark cloaked lady would find her herself and see to it she was punished. The way in which the Pegasus stood in the world, before her eyes, this young mare was not an actress. Faelene could understand the need and want of a quest. The Gods whatever their reasonings had made this so, and perhaps this was the way for it to be done.

Taking her to the Basin would be Faelene's only part in it. She told herself at least, if to make it true, and certain no doubt to hang in her mind. Faelene had yet to find a risk, or a want to split her from the Unicorns.

No flinching away from her scrutinizing stare helped the lady's case, she would need to have some sort of bravery for what she sought. A slave, a servant was above a prisoner or so would Faelene have it. Eyes narrowed, "It will if things get messy, if I wanted to make that sacrifice...we shall see." Who knows what will become of this new endeavor. By those words Faelene was assured it would not be a worry, and the faintly spotted understood.

Continuing to walk, since it was a long one, she let her ears remain backward to address her new servant. Faelene could not blame her for reluctance at the sad title. She had been a collection of runes in her life with only a name to those who had horns. A name was special, but having her agree to something else was better. "I rather not call you servant either, I'll call you Ari," simple to remember, and nothing dull or stupid. It was strange feeling to think she was in her charge, in her care now and they had a mutual understanding. She wasn't sure if she would call it trust, but she was the one taking her home. Oh how her mind could ramble on, and scold her about the problems they might face. Too late for that, she told herself. She was simply going straight to the negative, a creature of habit. This would help in the racists department, again the trouble was when she wanted to leave.

Following her already broke trail, she offered a simple glimpse back. "You keep your promise, and I'll keep you safe. I think our biggest problem will be where you have gone when you have to leave." Freeing her would not help Faelene, possibly saying she was stolen and given freedom? Yes, she had some ideas for the future.

ooc:sorry for the wait, and not very great post. I thought we could end here and she could have her rank changed to basin/slave? Then you can start on her quest. :3 if you want to post again feel free to.