the Rift

{finally home..? {Romani+Open to others}

Abdullah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The arch in my neck was so familiar I almost scolded myself for refraining back to my old days. Father always said to carry yourself with pride and arrogance but the arrogance was far from necessary. Maybe though he was correct. If others found you more sturdy and with a backbone they were quicker to follow, perhaps not trust, but they would follow. Like the leaders, they show it, even without trying. Ambrosine was held without such, I could easily pick through that she was a kind mare with a gentle soul. I could not say she was not sturdy though, she was strong in structure but her laid back nature was so calming it could not do for much. She herself would make a fine diplomat, though this is only an opinion of mine. I know I will grow to like her, maybe not as much as my friendship for the giddy mare Romani, but I will not say I dislike this newer dun. My ear flicks as I catch the words of Rom. My head nods in a yes to her question. Words do not come from my mouth but they explode through my mind. Running and twisting, somewhat distracting but so comforting and helpful.

The creamy buttermilk dipped her head in greeting, speaking her title. It was a lovely name. Very fitting for the looks of her but perhaps I would think that for any name she come with. "Lovely to meet you Ambrosine." as her eyes watched me I drank in her looks. Those piercing eyes that grazed my skin. You can't judge or attack someone for watching you, it is only natural for someone to mark you down in their mind. If not you know that that exact natural instinct was beaten from them. Like Romani, even she watched me as I danced in the Threshold happily. Just as I had done her. We were not broken of her freedom. Yet another smell had caught my nares. It was far and faint, almost like it was an old mark from a travel back. I was going to ignore the unfamiliar smell till Romani took a defensive pose. I moved my head, to look behind me. A stallion I'd never seen before stood there. He was not of us, his distant smell said so. Just like Ambrosine he did not hold the family scent. My pose become defensive but I did not take to calling as Romani did. I only stood there, firm and well observing. "Never." I reply, a little late as she begins to take action. Hollering closely behind me. Almost grading at my ears. It was a little bit annoying to the ear drums but I could not blame her, it was her position to do so. Well it was mine too but I think one person hollering would be enough. So instead I listen with my ears forward. Ambrosine speaking behind me. "You can never tell, always be cautious my dear new kin, never let your guard down until you are sure enough." mmm, you couldn't always be exactly sure, but gut instinct would drive you.

Messages In This Thread
{finally home..? {Romani+Open to others} - by Ambrosine - 12-19-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: {finally home..? {Romani+Open to others} - by Abdullah - 12-19-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: {finally home..? {Romani+Open to others} - by Crackers - 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: {finally home..? {Romani+Open to others} - by Ambrosine - 12-20-2012, 06:10 PM
RE: {finally home..? {Romani+Open to others} - by Abdullah - 12-21-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: {finally home..? {Romani+Open to others} - by Crackers - 12-24-2012, 07:23 AM
RE: {finally home..? {Romani+Open to others} - by Ambrosine - 12-24-2012, 02:23 PM
RE: {finally home..? {Romani+Open to others} - by Abdullah - 12-28-2012, 03:53 PM