the Rift

Calling You - Part. II [Return/Moon Goddess]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

The Haflinger knew the moment that her azure eyes landed upon the Goddess of the Moon that she had been played. It had been a thought in the back of her head since the day she had gained her quest, that the Moon Goddess would have something more to the quest, but what it entailed, Romani didn’t know. The Goddesses’ gaze was deep and uncaring, callous and indifferent, and when she landed, she spoke using the powers of her mind. The night-mare’s words caused Romani to stiffen, her eyes widening in fear.

“I would forget…?” She asked, her voice trembling slightly from both the surprise and the thick, smoky air around them, “All of them?” Oh, how could she make such a decision like that…? What of Nayati? Or Abdullah? Or… Oh, Heavens, what of Xanthos, the love she had barely begun to know? Yet… When would she get another opportunity like this one? Inhaling deeply, the warrior thought these things over. There would be no harm to the ones that she loved, they would still be out there… If she had met them before and developed relationships with them, surely she could do so again? Fate had thrown Romani and Xanthos together, and she firmly believed that maybe, just maybe, it would happen again. Yet there was no guarantee that she would love him as she did now…

There were many things that Romani risked by agreeing to the deal, but some part of her, the part that begged and craved to have a creature by her side, wouldn’t let her say ‘no’. It would have been so simple to thank the Goddess for her time and simply walk away, but she couldn’t. Call her greedy, or heartless, or whatever you would, but Romani simply couldn’t turn down what was being offered. After all, she wasn’t perfect, nor did she claim to be.

When Romani spoke again, her voice was soft with trepidation, yet determined. “Goddess,” She began formally, despite the ill feelings boiling in her gut, “… I will accept your offer. My memories for a companion, a beloved life-mate. Pray tell where I can receive my cub, once I leave your Holy home.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling You - Part. II [Return/Moon Goddess] - by Romani - 12-24-2012, 01:54 PM