the Rift

We Are Young

Shuler Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

S h u l e r         
The best lies about me are the ones I told.

Harmless. This is the summation Shuler’s observations arrive at as he watches the young stallion walk through the process of his own realization. He can see the gears tick and whir in the boys head as their eyes meet, and Shuler does not miss the panicked look of insecurity that shrouds the dark Pegasus as he comprehends that his failed attempt had been watched. It would not comfort him to know that it was already cataloged and neatly tucked away into the vast depths of Shuler’s precise and detailed cognizance. The golden phantom’s ears pivot atop his head in lethargic attentiveness, painting a picture of insignificant whimsy. Let him think he would not remember him, every word, and every stutter, every flaw and fault.

“My name is Jericho, who are you?”

What an excellent question that was. Who was he? It was a question that often remained unanswered in the dun unicorn’s mind, an inquiry of the most trivial sort that required too much dedication and solidarity for his liking. Defining and confining oneself to a certain set of traits or standards irrevocably erased one’s ability to remain invisible, unseen, ever changing and adapting as they needed, unbound by trifling things like morals, ethics, and feelings. Shuler was anything and everything; a humble servant to a righteous cause, or a shrewd trickster and conniving thief. Best friend, ally, enemy, or traitor. Whatever role fate called for, he would fill it gladly. He found comfort in the ability to change on a whim, to create familiarity in the midst of a lie, a serpent of the slyest variety.

"Whoever you want me to be, I suppose.” Shuler replied in cryptic, quiet tones, words laced with sincerity. He closed the distance between himself and the Pegasus then, movements confident and structured, an opposite reflection of the uncertainty and ungainliness that haunted this young stranger in front of him. Shuler halted in front of Jericho, gold eyes dark and faintly curious as they peer expectantly from beneath a veil of his ebony forelock, split down the middle by the gleaming, barbed horn that rests upon his brow.

"Pardon me, but you do seem a bit out of place.” Shuler mused aloud, dark tail flicking against golden flanks. "A long way from home, perhaps?”

Image Credits. Made by Ali.<3

Messages In This Thread
We Are Young - by Jericho - 12-19-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: We Are Young - by Shuler - 12-20-2012, 10:16 PM
RE: We Are Young - by Jericho - 12-20-2012, 11:08 PM
RE: We Are Young - by Shuler - 12-21-2012, 12:17 AM
RE: We Are Young - by Jericho - 12-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: We Are Young - by Shuler - 12-26-2012, 03:30 PM