the Rift

the lanterns won't go out at night
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Was it wrong to feel this anger? The memories were there. They were in her mind, but every time she tried to look back in that reservoir, she was met with nothing but bright light. Ophelia snorted angrily and focused more, eyes closed and face twisted into a pained grimace. Nothing.She struck out violently with a front cloven hoof, as if her physical anger would break the unrelenting white barrier in her mind. The curtain of light was resilient and unyielding. What had caused this disaster? What had she done to deserve this? To forget everything and everyone she loved. Even the silver dragon that followed her around with mournful cries seemed to know who she was, but she did not.

Who was she? Memories, experiences, life shaped the individual, and she was now lost in her own skin. In this world, she was no one and knew no one. She was a blank slate that was tainted by the memories of others and not her own. She was nothing. Absolutely nothing. A heavy breath moved past her lips in a puff of white from the snow. Why had she come here? Something about this place seemed to set her at ease, calm her ever wandering mind. As her hooves glided across the pristine white snow, she tightened her jaw, emotions flowing freely from her unguarded heart.

My body is a cage.

A pearl of tears slid down the pale fur of her refined cheek bones, and she shook her head to try and rid the ducts of any liquid. Anger, pain, sadness... every emotion was hardwired to her eyes now, and she stood, powerless against the ocean that began to tumble down her face. How could she not remember her own twin sister? After searching Ktulu's mind and seeing her own, infant self from those stunning, crimson eyes, Ophelia had broken into hundreds of pieces that she was trying to sweep back into some semblance of structure. In Ktulu's mind, she had seen the way her charcoal figure seemed so sad, even from birth. She watched herself stand tall on the Tides with Nyra's horn at her side. She watched herself stumble with exhaustion as she shouldered her sister's weight across the vast wasteland until they reached Helovia.

Everything she was existed behind that barrier in her mind, and until it lifted, she would be nothing. The sky above began to dance with aurora's of brilliant color, and as she watched the dusk shift to night, Ophelia welcomed the distraction. "I am sorry," she murmured into the empty expanse. "To everyone I have injured in my absence, I am sorry." Emotional exhaustion was nearly as taxing as the physical, and she blew out a heavy breath before moving snow out of the way with her hooves. In the shadow of a mountain, she laid down on the rocky ground and tucked her grey nose in the crook of her knees, white and crimson mane a curved veil of her closed eyes.

Her mind wandered through the time and space of the confines of her own subconscious, exploring unknown futures, distant pasts and uncertain present. She wondered what unrecognized face would act upon the stage of her dreams this evening.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Ophelia - 12-20-2012, 02:23 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-23-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-29-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM