the Rift

the lanterns won't go out at night
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia became acutely aware of the sound of destruction growing ever louder. She stepped through red roses to the mouth of the cave, looking beyond the vast expanse. Dual colored eyes were wide, staring through the fog to the other side. A yell of raw emotion carried on the cool wind to her ears as she tipped them forward, and a distinct crack, like the sound of lighting followed by thunder, rattled the ground beneath her hooves. Ice from the cave began to star like broken glass and chunks fell into the darkness that now was endless.

The sky above was breaking. Like a rift in the earth, a darkness more black that the night sky began to show through. Stars, pieces of the heavens, tumbled from the sky and landed in the distance, erupting in light that was almost blinding. A shockwave hit her squarely, but she helf her ground, nothing but the billowing banner of mane and tail caught in the madness. Ophelia stood like a bright beacon of another life, unaffected and unafraid of the apocalypse that followed in the stallion's wake. She watched him hurdling closer, slowly, as if he was running through transparent water.

Behind him, steam and the bowels of the earth rose, filling the cracks created by his motion with signs of the end. The smell was sterile, but her ears were roaring with the screams of a million voices and the cracking of shattering skies. As he moved closer, she backed into the darkness of her cave, and he slid inside, the roses moving out of his way. She watched him curiously as he turned to see the end of the world. Cautiously, she moved to his side, gazing as the ground, mere inches in front of her cloven hooves, gave way into endless blackness. Mountains, crafted through thousands of years of wind, rain and wear, crumbled with a groan of a dying deity, and the stars continued to fall like fiery rain.

"Are we going to die?" she asked, looking up now into his icy blue eyes with a new found courage and curiosity. Her voice was gentle, soft and gently tilted with interest. Ophelia appeared completely at ease with the thought of death, peaceful. She recognized that something was familiar, but the shaking veil of her memories did not waver. Instead, she leaned closer, knowing that if this was the end, she was glad to not be spending it alone. Tremors from the ground beneath them radiated up her long legs, and she wondered when their footing would tumble out from beneath them. However, the roses remained firmly rooted in place, tangling in the soft fur just above her hoof.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Ophelia - 12-20-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-23-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-29-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM